1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Different Perspective: Good Moves

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kskboys, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    12,140 Messages
    42,770 Likes Received
    Kevin, I agree with all the cuts so far too. My problem with this off season is the lack of vision this FO seems to perpetuate. They wait to make bold moves until there’s no choice. They over-value their talent and seem to lack any idea of what kind of indentity they are building for.

kskboys likes this.
  2. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

3,360 Messages
    3,490 Likes Received
    This is the biggest Kool Aid Drinking Post I have ever read fitting the definition of an Arlington Jonesboys fan.

What in the 26 years, 52 months, 9,490 days. 227,760 hours have given you the reference or the preponderance of the evidence that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, and Stephen "Personnel Title" Jones can or will make a step toward building something good?

All you are going to get from the Arlington Jonesboys is one step forward and Moonwalk backwards...

Grenic likes this.
  3. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

571 Messages
    695 Likes Received
    Except haven't we been down this road before? 25+ years of getting worse before we get better ain't working.

Grenic likes this.
  4. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

24,823 Messages
    18,732 Likes Received
    People want the team to send a message to players. The cut of Collins sent a message. Forcing Tank to take a pay cut is a bit of a message. Shipping out Cooper was a message.

I think you are starting to see a culture change in process. +1 to the ownership.

5. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

1,164 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Good moves as in we have cleared cap room and haven't gotten significantly worse with still upgrades to be had.

plymkr and 817Gill like this.
  6. Miller

Miller Artist Formerly Known As TexasFrog

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    9,759 Messages
    10,997 Likes Received
    I agree with the moves too. Well said. I think Coop, Collins and Gregory represented some locker room issues. But for me it’s hard to spin positive because I’m afraid they don’t know what to do now. Almost like they brainstormed “Part A” but B is now making it up as they go. The Gregory deal has me thinking that. I’m not a proponent of breaking the bank but I am a proponent of some aggressiveness with some guys coming open out there. Do they do that or are they overselling their drafting ability? No clue

7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

24,195 Messages
    26,594 Likes Received
    ever heard of the “Battered Spouse Syndrome”?

look it up then read your post again

Grenic and Rayman70 like this.
  8. terra

terra Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    IF Dak had good chemistry with Coop (like a lot of top QBs get with their best WRs) then he should have stayed. Unfortunately that chemistry is NOT there. CD might be the guy; we need another year to see for sure. Gallup is one step up from JAG to be blunt; a decent #2 but that is all. We are going to need more talent that produces at WR and TE.
    As regards the cap, true its going to jump big time. BUT that moment is not here yet and we have to deal with things as they are now.

9. terra

terra Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    My problem is that I doubt the boys are even really trying to take advantage of what is out there. Bluntly speaking there are some mid range FA's that would help us and they are being ignored as well.

10. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

20,358 Messages
    17,651 Likes Received
    I'd take Cooper, Gregory, and Collins over DLaw, Gallup, and Schultz any day.

11. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

46,966 Messages
    29,093 Likes Received
    Right . But the fans who follow and buy-in with the Jethro led SB or Bust (we like our guys and have enough talent segment )aren’t as interested in the future.

Rayman70 likes this.
  12. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

25,091 Messages
    23,526 Likes Received
    I have issue with signing a hurt wr 2 big $ and releasing a better wr. Gallup in no way is a # 2 guy,let alone BARELY a #3 wr. This is a gamble.Stevie better be rite. Lastly...I have no issue cutting bait with Collins, hes a dunderhead..and Steele is better,cheaper. I take BIG ISSUE letting Ced walk.He was really great with Dak. Gallup just isnt as good. The Randy thing, meh...I wanted Armstrong anyway, so Im not that upset, except the way it was handled was terrible. Amari was the answer btw. Maybe not at the $. We just took a step backward at wr.

13. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

25,091 Messages
    23,526 Likes Received
    losing Ced W. will be the 1 move that proves terrible.

plymkr likes this.
  14. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

3,178 Messages
    2,940 Likes Received
    Do you think the defense will regress? I think they will be more consistent in year 2 with quinn, and it will be nfl year 2 for a lot of guys which will be big. I doubt they have the turnovers, but there are other places they can clamp down

Techsass likes this.
  15. Diehardblues

46,966 Messages
    29,093 Likes Received
    KSkboys is right on. The problem is finding better replacements with our FO.

This is why we overpay and hang on too long to our guys. Don’t have faith our football idiots will find better.

Rayman70 likes this.
  16. Diehardblues

46,966 Messages
    29,093 Likes Received
    This is how you build teams and remain relevant in Cap era. You have to cut loose . But you have to have the ability to retool, mainly thru the draft.

Rayman70 likes this.
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

42,737 Messages
    18,593 Likes Received
    Unfortunately the same morons that got us in that cap situation are still running the show and will do it again........ Because if the Jones's have proven anything the last 30 years is that they never learn nor change.

Grenic and Rayman70 like this.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

43,549 Messages
    21,888 Likes Received
    Fans can spin what they want in an attempt to try and find positives from losing good players but not finding a way to keep Cooper was not a good move. Allowing Cedrick Wilson to walk wasn’t a good move. It could be argued it would’ve been better keeping him than Michael Gallup. We’ve lost two of our top four receivers. We’ve lost three starters on offense and one starter on defense who we wanted to re-sign but they turned their back on us. Every player we’ve lost is currently being replaced by downgrades. Unless we hit a home run in the draft with at least two or three impact rookies and come up with a couple of solid free agents it’s likely to be a struggle next season. I’ll keep saying it we had our shot last season and blew it.

Rayman70 likes this.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

43,549 Messages
    21,888 Likes Received
    The only thing that’s keeping us ahead of the teams in our division right now is our QB who many Cowboys fans want to get rid of. Put Dak behind center in Washington and they’ll have the better team. They’re a QB away.

20. Diehardblues

46,966 Messages
    29,093 Likes Received
    That’s because we have a promoter not a builder. Each season is on its own merit. He can only sell or hype up one season at a time.

He’d look really silly calling for us to have enough talent to win in 2023 and beyond. Lol
    Plus he’s not really interested in 2023 and beyond.

It’s similar to drilling for oil. You put all your energy and money into hitting the current hole. Until it hits or comes up dry. Then you move to the next hole.

zrinkill likes this.