Different Perspective: Good Moves

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Injuries killed the love.
It wasn’t just injuries. It was Daks performance. But injury provided the opportunity.

We should be using a mid round pick this year for a backup QB. Who knows we might luck out again.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Seriously, did anyone think the team as is was going anywhere? No. We were not. We desperately needed to cut salaries and start over in several areas. The guys we cut and let walk? Good moves, every one of them.

Why? Because that's the only way we were going to get better. If you focus on the big pic, job well done. You must at times get worse before you can get better.

Soooo, is this the first step toward building something good? I have no idea. However, at least we're on the right track.

They won 12 games? Have people lost their collective minds with this CapBoy baloney?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I believe Dak is a top 10-12 QB. While I don’t believe he’s the reason we aren’t having more success he isn’t like a few of the more Elite QB who could possibly do more with less.

You have to build a better team around him. A stronger defense and running game . We have seen how much more effective he is with a pounding running game . But is this front office able to put that all together and then keep it together ? IDK.

And that’s not necessarily on Dak. It’s on our organization. Even with Romo who I thought was better I often wondered how we’d do with our dysfunctional ownership and toxic culture if we had one of the Elite QB.

Unfortunately we just haven’t landed one this era. Was Romo and Dak enough to build around . Of course for most franchises.

He needs a running game and a defense that can make critical stops. As great as Aaron Rodgers is he still can’t overcome the flaws his teams have that cause him to have to carry them every year. It always catches up to them in the playoffs. Every QB needs certain components around them to get their teams over the hump. Patrick Mahomes had his issues last season with turnovers and poor decisions. It doesn’t matter who the QB is if you put too much on them you’re going to come up short.

kevm3

Reaction score
lol@good moves. There's no need to try to clean up this turdshow. I honestly hope some of our talent asks for trades and don't waste their talent at this dumpster fire. the CLEVELAND BROWNS are making more aggressive moves than us and are actually looking much more fun to watch

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Seriously, did anyone think the team as is was going anywhere? No. We were not. We desperately needed to cut salaries and start over in several areas. The guys we cut and let walk? Good moves, every one of them.

Why? Because that's the only way we were going to get better. If you focus on the big pic, job well done. You must at times get worse before you can get better.

Soooo, is this the first step toward building something good? I have no idea. However, at least we're on the right track.

On the right track? Lmao. This has been the same song and dance for coming up on 30 years. And you people keep eating it up. We have seen the Niners tear down and build back twice while making the Super Bowl twice with 2 different teams and coaches while we still have no idea what direction we are going.

This front office is as inept as it gets.

morasp

Reaction score
The jury is still out. The Bengals rebuilt their defense in two years. I just hope they realize ours needs a lot more work.

Flamma

Reaction score

If that was the goal, then yes. But if the goal was to improve upon last year, they're not doing a good job.

We're following up a 12-5 season with a quick rebuild? A stutter step so to speak?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He needs a running game and a defense that can make critical stops. As great as Aaron Rodgers is he still can’t overcome the flaws his teams have that cause him to have to carry them every year. It always catches up to them in the playoffs. Every QB needs certain components around them to get their teams over the hump. Patrick Mahomes had his issues last season with turnovers and poor decisions. It doesn’t matter who the QB is if you put too much on them you’re going to come up short.
Right. But at least with those QB’s we know at some point they had enough to win it all. And even coming up short when they didn’t have enough support went to the brink.

When you haven’t been there to that level it’s often difficult to be certain if it’s all one segment . At least those teams know if they do have enough they can go further. Until we do there will always be uncertainty.

Surely you don’t believe Dak is at the same talent level and ability as they are. It’s often difficult suggesting any criticism of our QB as the subject can often derail. I stand by my original comments which wasn’t bashing our QB.

Reaction score
People want the team to send a message to players. The cut of Collins sent a message. Forcing Tank to take a pay cut is a bit of a message. Shipping out Cooper was a message.

I think you are starting to see a culture change in process. +1 to the ownership.

I think some are reading into it what they want to. So what was their message re: Randy Gregory? "Oh please oh please stay and help our culture!"
and Cooper wanted out, he didn't want Dak throwing him the ball anymore (or more accurately "not" throwing him the ball.)

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yeah I’m good letting everyone go that we did, but I would like to see a couple of replacements in FA. Either at ol, wr, de or lb.

Agree, easier to replace WR than DE and we are good with a Backup DE starting opposite DL. Just wait till you see what DL does now if it crazy before. You double team him because the opposite side will absolutely be doing nothing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
many Dallas fans are experiencing Stockholm syndrome, no doubt. Its been nearly 3 decades.

CWR

Reaction score
I think some are reading into it what they want to. So what was their message re: Randy Gregory? "Oh please oh please stay and help our culture!"
and Cooper wanted out, he didn't want Dak throwing him the ball anymore (or more accurately "not" throwing him the ball.)

Cooper wanted out? Link please.

Rayman70

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Jerry right now.