Diggs 3 interceptions

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That's 3 more than Byron Jones has this year with zero and 1 more than Jones had in his 5 years of playing with the Cowboys.

It's nice to see that Diggs is looking for the ball get some interceptions.

He's had an outstanding season so far as a 2nd rounder and has been asked to do a lot.

He has a bright future.

What I started to notice, team's aren't throwing at Diggs anymore. I think it was Nolan was said, that he wanted corners who make QB's nervous throwing their way. Bryon isn't that type, but Diggs is.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Byron jones 5 years 82 million with 57 million guaranteed.

I’ll take Diggs at rd 2 money who is on is e to be better than Jones by next year
I get Jones is probably over paid, that's just how FA works, but its not a which one type of scenario when it comes to the CB position. If you don't have 3 pretty good ones in todays NFL you're in trouble.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
While they are playing for a playoff spot they have to use who they feel gives them the best chance. That’s unlikely to be Reggie in game 16.
I was watching Mike Fisher and he was talking about some players that we haven't seen. He mentioned Donovan Wilson was such a player last year, that a few players suggested he was lighting things up in practices. He finally got a chance and he's been good.
I'd be curious to hear what they think of Robinson. My guess is he's just not ready yet.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
GREAT draft pick.

And to think the Cowboys thought about getting him at 17 but gambled when Lamb fell.

Those picks fell right into the Cowboys laps and great picks continued to fall to them all draft long.

Unfortunately, can't count on picks falling right into your lap every year. While the drafting is better the last few years, without the falling picks it remains to be seen if Dallas can continue to do well in the draft. And on a related note, free agency signnings, which have mostly been abysmal the last few years...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That's 3 more than Byron Jones has this year with zero and 1 more than Jones had in his 5 years of playing with the Cowboys.

He's had an outstanding season so far as a 2nd rounder and has been asked to do a lot.

He has a bright future.

I agree with what you say. One note - I believe Byron Jones has one INT this year. Maybe against Mahomes. Not sure against who.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree much for Diggs to learn he can be over aggressive at time. I will also say Diggs has 3 int in one season while Byron Jones has 4 for his entire career.

Yeah..

But Byron became the kind of guy we could stick on prime Michael Thomas and he wouldn’t be a problem against us.

visionary

Reaction score
I get Jones is probably over paid, that's just how FA works, but its not a which one type of scenario when it comes to the CB position. If you don't have 3 pretty good ones in todays NFL you're in trouble.

agree that you need 3 “pretty good” CBs but the days of the shut down CB are behind us

for next year Diggs with Awuzie/Lewis and Brown should suffice with a couple of later round picks and FA

defense should be built around front 7 and safety and a great MLB. None of which we have

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah..

But Byron became the kind of guy we could stick on prime Michael Thomas and he wouldn’t be a problem against us.

But Byron did not make plays. Diggs is young and developing as a player. At CB I expect a young guy to make mistakes but I also expect him to learn from them and not go into a shell when he does make a mistake. I would also add I expect CB to make plays that change the outcome of game aka INTS. People love diminishing big plays, I don't it is hugh coming up with ints and giving the ball back to the offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But Byron did not make plays. Diggs is young and developing as a player. At CB I expect a young guy to make mistakes but I also expect him to learn from them and not go into a shell when he does make a mistake. I would also add I expect CB to make plays that change the outcome of game aka INTS. People love diminishing big plays, I don't it is hugh coming up with ints and giving the ball back to the offense.

Byron stopped others from making plays..

Look at the high paid corners and how many plays they make..

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Its a hard adjustment for rookie CBs. The game moves so much faster and what was a closed window in college is now open in the NFL.

Diggs has had ups and downs, but even in the downs he's mostly had tight coverage. There were quite a few big plays where he was inches away from swatting the ball but it took near perfect throws to complete the play. What I love about him is he's not afraid to be aggressive and

John813

Reaction score
Half of Dolphins fans are already trying to figure out how they get out of that contract.

No we aren't.

Finheaven is one of the bigger Dolphins boards out there. I have yet to see that from anyone.
If anything, most have seen when he has comeback from injury, the defense improved big time and he plays a great unheralded role in their success. Since his return they play cover 0 a lot, allowing them to get pressure on the QB.

conner01

Reaction score
He’s got a long way to go to reach Byron levels..

Byron also played corner as a rookie and I don’t remember near the screw ups like Diggs has had..

Upside is there but he’s gotten a lot of hype and hasn’t earned any of it. Typical Cowboy.
I never get why it’s important to bash one player in order to praise another
Diggs has played very well but has nothing at all to do with Byron Jones who played very well here for years

Doomsday101

Reaction score

At time but even Byron gave up plays, he was not a shut down CB and he did not make plays in terms of taking the ball away. Most so called big time CB do take the ball away. Deion Sanders was a shut down CB whom many QB did not challenge but still would come up with big ints. Byron is very good in coverage but fact is he does not make many plays on the ball when it does come in his direction.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He’s got a long way to go to reach Byron levels..

Byron also played corner as a rookie and I don’t remember near the screw ups like Diggs has had..

Upside is there but he’s gotten a lot of hype and hasn’t earned any of it. Typical Cowboy.
If you do not even know what position Jones played as a rookie, then maybe at least fact check. Diggs is a ROOKIE CB, he has gotten better as the season has worn on...he'll be a better CB than Jones...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you do not even know what position Jones played as a rookie, then maybe at least fact check. Diggs is a ROOKIE CB, he has gotten better as the season has worn on...he'll be a better CB than Jones...
Byron played part of his rookie season as a CB and part as a Safety

Winonesoon

Reaction score

He has a bright future.
Although Picks are not the only thing that defines what a corner is,he has had good year. We know he has the instinct for the ball. I hope he matures in to a well rounded player. He's not there yet but the promise has all of us smiling at this point.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Byron didnt stop any great player. Name the guys he stopped. Yall living off the Michael Thomas game like he wasnt beat down by every other big time wr

The Natural

Reaction score
No we aren't.

Finheaven is one of the bigger Dolphins boards out there. I have yet to see that from anyone.
If anything, most have seen when he has comeback from injury, the defense improved big time and he plays a great unheralded role in their success. Since his return they play cover 0 a lot, allowing them to get pressure on the QB.
Yes you are. Look at dolphins twitter

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Byron didnt stop any great player. Name the guys he stopped. Yall living off the Michael Thomas game like he wasnt beat down by every other big time wr

I don’t recall Byron ever getting beat down and I think just about everyone besides Gillmore gets slapped around in this league and even Gilmore is slowing down.

I mean Gallup was giving it to Ramsey week 1 and Ramsey is regarded as the best..

Byron Jones was a really good modern day corner and I can’t remember the last time I saw our defense give up as many big plays as they have this year with him gone.

His ability as a corner made the entire secondary better.