Diggs 3 interceptions

John813

Reaction score
Yes you are. Look at dolphins twitter

Was these tweets during the game, aka when people post stupid ****? Around the time of that defensive PI?
Just like our game threads which have 30 cuts and 5 firings when the team is down 7 points.

There has been little complaints over Jones, outside minor jokes over his lack of INTs.
His overpaid contract won't hinder the team for some time either.
For the few that actually want him gone, they either are idiots or have dementia.
The defense was bad when he was out. His replacement(Noah Ignocantspell) sucked and lead directly to their loss versus the Bills. Wilson was able to carve them up too without Jones

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don’t recall Byron ever getting beat down and I think just about everyone besides Gillmore gets slapped around in this league and even Gilmore is slowing down.

I mean Gallup was giving it to Ramsey week 1 and Ramsey is regarded as the best..

Byron Jones was a really good modern day corner and I can’t remember the last time I saw our defense give up as many big plays as they have this year with him gone.

His ability as a corner made the entire secondary better.
So you cant name the guys he stopped even though you said he did. And please dont mention ramsey and byron in the same breath

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t recall Byron ever getting beat down and I think just about everyone besides Gillmore gets slapped around in this league and even Gilmore is slowing down.

I mean Gallup was giving it to Ramsey week 1 and Ramsey is regarded as the best..

Byron Jones was a really good modern day corner and I can’t remember the last time I saw our defense give up as many big plays as they have this year with him gone.

Come on Ramsey has 11 ints in his career. Byron has 4. Teams know Ramsey will bite them if they attack him. Jones is good cover man but he does not make plays on the ball. His PI vs Vegas damn near cost the Dolphins the game but at no point did Vegas shy away from Byron Jones.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you cant name the guys he stopped even though you said he did. And please dont mention ramsey and byron in the same breath

As a corner?

Just about everyone he lined up against after he moved from Safety.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
As a corner?

Just about everyone he lined up against after he moved from Safety.
Did he stop Hopkins? Did he stop Julio? I can go on but lets start with those 2. Funny thing is he didnt even follow those guys......whats the point of paying him if he doesnt follow the best? Go look at our overtime game vs houston and watch hopkins lined up on brown for the game deciding catch while byron is (shutting down) some other scrub.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Come on Ramsey has 11 ints in his career. Byron has 4. Teams know Ramsey will bite them if they attack him. Jones is good cover man but he does not make plays on the ball. His PI vs Vegas damn near cost the Dolphins the game but at no point did Vegas shy away from Byron Jones.

I could care less how many INTs he has...

Diggs is a great example of that..

He’s had 3 INTs and been beat like a drum this year..

I’ll take Byrons quality of play and not getting beat constantly over a few picks.

You put Byron Jones on just about anyone and their day is over.

Is he going to get beat sometimes? Probably.. But he plays the most difficult position in the nfl besides QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did he stop Hopkins? Did he stop Julio? I can go on but lets start with those 2. Funny thing is he didnt even follow those guys......whats the point of paying him if he doesnt follow the best? Go look at our overtime game vs houston and watch hopkins lined up on brown for the game deciding catch while byron is (shutting down) some other scrub.

Lots of top corners don’t shadow.

We moved Byron around a lot though..

There isn’t many big corners you can line up out wide or in the slot.

He can match up on Ertz or Tyreek Hill.. He’s matchup proof.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I’ll take Byrons quality of play and not getting beat constantly over a few picks.

Is he going to get beat sometimes? Probably.. But he plays the most difficult position in the nfl besides QB.

Beat like a drum? Bull****, He has been beaten at times as do most CB that are young. I like Byron but fact is he could not catch a cold, he does not make plays on the ball. Other top HOF CB do and did make plays on the ball and did come up with ints. You want to defend Byron be my guest but he is far from great and damn sure was not worth the money he was paid and had Dallas forked it over I have a feeling you would claiming how Dallas over paid for him.

Cmac

Reaction score
Byron happy....no longer a Fall Guy. Warm weather, money in pocket....and moving forward. No longer the Best of the Worse.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Lots of top corners don’t shadow.

We moved Byron around a lot though..

There isn’t many big corners you can line up out wide or in the slot.

He can match up on Ertz or Tyreek Hill.. He’s matchup proof.
What top corner doesnt shadow? Byron's new teammate did last year until they aquired his overrated ***. Now byron is getting torched while Howard has a top 5 cb grade on the year. If you cant see the truth its a you issue.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

You trashed a rookie corner for getting beat on the first page of this thread, then on the second page you say even the best get beat. Your hypocrisy is showing, as usual.

Also, attributing the issues in the secondary this season to Byron being gone is as disingenuous an argument as I've ever seen here.

Byron was a good corner who got paid elite corner money. That's why he's gone. Diggs has the potential to be every bit as good as Byron was and better. Diggs has been asked to do things this season--cover on an island man-to-man--that Byron wasn't asked to do until his fourth year in the league. He's definitely had some growing pains and been beat at times, but the talent is clearly there. Only time will tell if he ever ascends to the next level.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You trashed a rookie corner for getting beat on the first page of this thread, then on the second page you say even the best get beat. Your hypocrisy is showing, as usual.

Also, attributing the issues in the secondary this season to Byron being gone is as disingenuous an argument as I've ever seen here.

Byron was a good corner who got paid elite corner money. That's why he's gone. Diggs has the potential to be every bit as good as Byron was and better. Diggs has been asked to do things this season--cover on an island man-to-man--that Byron wasn't asked to do until his fourth year in the league. He's definitely had some growing pains and been beat at times, but the talent is clearly there. Only time will tell if he ever ascends to the next level.

Byron Jones is elite.

He’s not good.. He’s elite..

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Byron Jones is elite.

He’s not good.. He’s elite..

You know how you always remark on Cowboys fans here overvaluing their own? Might want to take a long look in the mirror.

Byron has been anythjng but "elite" this season. He hasn't even been a top-25 corner according to PFF. Which, whether you agree with how PFF does their rankings or not, makes it fairly clear he's not touching "elite" status.

Byron Jones is a good corner with exceptional physical tools who shows a great ability to mirror receivers while lacking any ball skills. He's never been elite. He's never done a single thing at an elite level. While with the Cowboys he had the good fortune (depending how you look at it) of being on a roster with nothing more than a warm body at every other DB position, so teams never even had to attempt passes his way. It's not a fluke or a mistake that now that he's on a team with a superior corner on the other side, teams have attacked and exposed him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's 3 more than Byron Jones has this year with zero and 1 more than Jones had in his 5 years of playing with the Cowboys.

It's nice to see that Diggs is looking for the ball get some interceptions.

He's had an outstanding season so far as a 2nd rounder and has been asked to do a lot.

He has a bright future.

Be nice if he reaches the point where he provides the same kind of sticky coverage Byron did. Is it too much to want that and interceptions?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
hat's 3 more than Byron Jones has this year with zero and 1 more than Jones had in his 5 years of playing with the Cowboys.
I like Byron but hated he couldn't get more interceptions. Just want to point out that Byron does have an interception this year though. He picked off Mahomes. Not that it was a great play, someone else tipped the ball to him and he was just in the right spot at the right time. I am still waiting for him to make an actual play on the ball for a pick. He has 3 interceptions, 2 were tipped to him when he wasn't near the intended target and the other was a Hail Mary at the end of the half that he should have batted down.

DripTooHard

Reaction score

Byron has been dead to me since his singlehandedly killing an awesome 2016 season when his teammates fought hard to get back into the playoff game against Green Bay. That game was headed to OT but Rodgers found Byron and threw a dart his way. Screw Byron Jones!