Diggs 3 interceptions

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yup, its part of being a rookie CB. Very few will step in and play at a pro bowl level year one. Its a tough transition from college to the nfl at the position. Not only are you going up against better players, but you see a much deeper route tree, and offensive concepts. I am really high on diggs, but with any rookie CB expect some growing pains.
Not too mention he began his college career as a WR before transitioning to CB. Love this kid.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He’s got a long way to go to reach Byron levels..

Byron also played corner as a rookie and I don’t remember near the screw ups like Diggs has had..

Upside is there but he’s gotten a lot of hype and hasn’t earned any of it. Typical Cowboy.

Byron played safety as a rookie. They switched him to corner at the end of his rookie contract and it was labeled as desperation to salvage his career.

I still wonder what you think you see when you watch football.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Byron played safety as a rookie. They switched him to corner at the end of his rookie contract and it was labeled as desperation to salvage his career.

I still wonder what you think you see when you watch football.

He played 4 games his rookie season at corner / Nickel.. He played 3 as a safety.

Now the question I have is what you think you see when you watch football.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He played 4 games his rookie season at corner / Nickel.. He played 3 as a safety.

Now the question I have is what you think you see when you watch football.

They put them in that nickel role like woodson used to play. That is not playing corner.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You clearly didn't watch the fantastic end to the Raider-Dolphin Fitzmagic classic on Saturday.Byron Jones unnecessary pass interference grab generated a 40+ critical penalty late critical to Miamis victory.

I watched the highlights but I’m confused by what you’re saying..

Byron Jones is a Dolphin.

J12B

Reaction score
You clearly didn't watch the fantastic end to the Raider-Dolphin Fitzmagic classic on Saturday.Byron Jones unnecessary pass interference grab generated a 40+ critical penalty late critical to Miamis victory.

And he gave up an 80 yard TD guarding Nelson Aglor. Yes, Carr scrambled and bought extra time. But still. Jones had a bad game.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
LOL. The Boys D played lights out yesterday after Jackson's circus performance. They only allowed those lousy Egals 3 points in the 2nd half! Can only imagine IF they continue playing like this. Maybe the coaching staff finally has their stuff together! Hey? We can hope right?!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I watched the highlights but I’m confused by what you’re saying..

Byron Jones is a Dolphin.

They played him everywhere including out wide at corner.

He was an Ok at best safety and about as good as you could as for as a corner.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
This year has been bad for the defense. But some playmakers have arisen--Gregory, Diggs, Gallimore. What a change, to need a turnover and actually get it
I like Wilson @ safety too.

InTheZone

Reaction score
before yesterdays game he has given up in 12 games. 44 catches for 628 and 2 tds. allowing a passer rating of 96.0. 14.3 yards per reception and 8.5 yards per target. Hes average to below average in many categories. The only thing he is good at is not allowing a lot of separation and not having the ball thrown at him a bunch. But when the ball is thrown at him it's not good.

This will obviously be worse when the raiders game gets accounted for.
seems like those are bad numbers for him, wasn't it in the first half of the year he was doing pretty well?

cowboygo

Reaction score
It sucks we could not keep him. To be honest I would not have made him the 3rd highest paid cornerback in the league either. Diggs has big play potential at cornerback. His ball skills are excellent. He tracks balls like a wide receiver. Diggs and Byron would be a match made in heaven.
Yup. Byron Jones is the kind of cornerback you want opposite of Diggs.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s got a long way to go to reach Byron levels..

Byron also played corner as a rookie and I don’t remember near the screw ups like Diggs has had..

Upside is there but he’s gotten a lot of hype and hasn’t earned any of it. Typical Cowboy.
I guess you missed the Green Bay playoff game where he didn’t get deep enough And that’s worse than being a rookie

817Gill

Reaction score
What I started to notice, team's aren't throwing at Diggs anymore. I think it was Nolan was said, that he wanted corners who make QB's nervous throwing their way. Bryon isn't that type, but Diggs is.
I’ve seen 24 targeted more the last two games, wonder what the snap counts are.

817Gill

Reaction score
He was 29 last week. Ask yourselves why he keeps changing numbers. When you need a big play you target Byron.
lol I meant Awuzie as the post I was responding too was about Diggs being targeted less these past few games. I feel like I’ve seen Awuzie get the lions share of the targets outside when they’ve played these last two games. I’m sure snap count will illuminate if that’s because Diggs was on the field less due to his coming back from injury.