Dink and dunk offense

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Take what the D gives you. Nothing wrong with dink and dunk if you are moving the ball.
I know like teams like the Patriots when they can't move the ball they always revert back to the basics slow dink dunk methodically move the ball and result touchdown

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dinking and dunking would work great against aggressive defenses (ie...Saints and Packers), especially if your Oline is injured and struggling to maintain their blocks. I have no idea why Garrett and Moore didn't dink-n-dunk these last 2 games? End result: not enough points scored offensively, hence 2 losses.

What are they thinking?

The Patriots, Eagles and a few others do it, and it works for them.

Where are those (you know who you are) dink-n-dunk complainers now? You wanted more of a Romo'esque constant deep throwing offense. Well, now you've got it, but it hasn't produced wins against aggressive defenses especially with our suddenly injured Oline.

Gotta know when to throw deep and when to dink-n-dunk... and why.
500 + yards and most teams lose. But yet people love that offense. I'll take a balanced 300 and a win any day

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We didn't dink and dunk at all vs. GB. Gained close to 600 yards of offense on an absurd 8.3 yards per play including 9.4 yards per pass.

The difference in the game was penalties, turnovers, and the inability to stop the run allowing GB to dominate time of possession. Dinking and dunking did not exist and simply had nothing to do with this one. Next!
Yeah but all of it was in the second half. Imagine if we started methodical in the beginning. We might not have had all those mistakes penalties.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't remember short passes against the Saints I remember trying to run and then throw intermediate to Deep. Am I mistaken
Yes you are. There was only 1 deep pass the entire game and that went to Jarwin that set up the TD

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes you are. There was only 1 deep pass the entire game and that went to Jarwin that set up the TD
I thought there was a deep pass to Cooper but he dropped it. I don't remember short passes in that game. In fact if I remember correctly. I thought that was the best throw I've ever seen Prescott make

ItzKelz

Reaction score
There's a time for dink and dunk. For example if your starting left and right tackle are out then you should probably dink and dunk and as the game goes if the back up tackles can handle it then adjust. This is what the Patriots do all the time. They evaluate the talent that they have at all positions that are actually playing the present game and it has never mattered that they have the GOAT at QB. Kellen has some growing to do but he's a smart kid and will figure it out.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We didn't have Gallup I remember now. Whitten fumbled the ball on a short pass. But we didn't do it at all against the Packers not that I particularly liked it. I just thought it comes the teams down and puts everything in perspective

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's a time for dink and dunk. For example if your starting left and right tackle are out then you should probably dink and dunk and as the game goes if the back up tackles can handle it then adjust. This is what the Patriots do all the time. They evaluate the talent that they have at all positions that are actually playing the present game and it has never mattered that they have the GOAT at QB. Kellen has some growing to do but he's a smart kid and will figure it out.
That's all I'm saying. We should have adjusted in the first half against the Packers everything came through quarter on

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I thought there was a deep pass to Cooper but he dropped it. I don't remember short passes in that game. In fact if I remember correctly. I thought that was the best throw I've ever seen Prescott make
Everything was short and running, it was a Linehan type called game from last season. You talking about the last drive and it ended up getting picked off?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am definitely a fan of Kellen Moore even when he was a quarterback. My biggest problem with this team right now is discipline

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everything was short and running, it was a Linehan type called game from last season. You talking about the last drive and it ended up getting picked off?
No that was the second quarter I believe when he threw the ball deep to Cooper it was a drop. No turn over nothing. The Saints games was a turnover machine. Packer game in the first half I don't know what that was. Lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That's all I'm saying. We should have adjusted in the first half against the Packers everything came through quarter on
We should not have drop a pass to change the momentum of the game ect ect. The Packers didnt stop us in the first half....we stopped us. Fans over analyze sometimes. Now the Saints game I may agree with not adjusting but the Packers game we beat ourselves.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I am definitely a fan of Kellen Moore even when he was a quarterback. My biggest problem with this team right now is discipline
I have no idea what you mean by this. We are one of the most discipline teams in the NFL. Do you mind expanding on your point?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't think you read what the OP wrote...

Yeah he did. The OP suggested we need to be drinking and dunking against teams with better defenses. That's preposterous. If the big play is there you take it. You don't play the Weeden offense to spite yourself.

The turnover and the penalties were the issue Sunday, for the second week in a row. It absolutely was not all on Dak. The entire team was sloppy and failed to execute until the fourth.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We should not have drop a pass to change the momentum of the game ect ect. The Packers didnt stop us in the first half....we stopped us. Fans over analyze sometimes. Now the Saints game I may agree with not adjusting but the Packers game we beat ourselves.
Actually we beat ourselves both games. In my opinion. Fumbles dropped footballs interceptions. Packers was penalties a mixture of everything I've always said little intangibles make all the difference in the world even on the great teams. I totally believe we have the talent but we're playing as individuals not as a team. Just beat the Jets and everything will be okay LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah he did. The OP suggested we need to be drinking and dunking against teams with better defenses. That's preposterous. If the big play is there you take it. You don't play the Weeden offense to spite yourself.

The turnover and the penalties were the issue Sunday, for the second week in a row. It absolutely was not all on Dak. The entire team was sloppy and failed to execute until the fourth.
No that's not what I suggested at all. You can think and dunk on OneDrive open it up on another. I didn't seem any adjustments. Don't take one sentence and think it's for the entire game

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'll give you a half of a like. For your second paragraph

texbumthelife

Reaction score
No that's not what I suggested at all. You can think and dunk on OneDrive open it up on another. I didn't seem any adjustments. Don't take one sentence and think it's for the entire game

Why did they need to dink and dunk at all? What adjustment did they need to make? Things actually got better when they opened it up MORE. Don't think having an opinion makes you right.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I definitely think that we should have done against the Packers probably in the third series. But we didn't do that maybe because we didn't get the opportunity. Don't try to think what I'm thinking because I don't know what I'm thinking. LOL over a thousand Cowboys games can't remember everything

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why did they need to dink and dunk at all? What adjustment did they need to make? Things actually got better when they opened it up MORE. Don't think having an opinion makes you right.
Because that's what you do a against a superior pass rush. Especially when you have second string people in there when you don't have time to throw it downfield. Now you making me think you have no idea what you're talkin about