Dink and dunk offense

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I definitely think that we should have done against the Packers probably in the third series. But we didn't do that maybe because we didn't get the opportunity. Don't try to think what I'm thinking because I don't know what I'm thinking. LOL over a thousand Cowboys games can't remember everything

Hahaha

I'm not trying to think what you're thinking. You've displayed that's impossible. All I can do is go off your post and then reply. You may be right, I just don't see it. Not in this case.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
No that was the second quarter I believe when he threw the ball deep to Cooper it was a drop. No turn over nothing. The Saints games was a turnover machine. Packer game in the first half I don't know what that was. Lol
I don't recall that pass. Even remember seeing post after the game talking about only 1 deep pass, the one that went to Jarwin. Interesting, I will have to rewatch it and see if I can find it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why did they need to dink and dunk at all? What adjustment did they need to make? Things actually got better when they opened it up MORE. Don't think having an opinion makes you right.
Exactly don't don't think your opinion is right either. Just because it's your opinion. LMAO wow

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Because that's what you do a against a superior pass rush. Especially when you have second string people in there when you don't have time to throw it downfield. Now you making me think you have no idea what you're talkin about

Throwing quick passes to slow down the blitz, using draws and screen, or even tossing it up deep on a three-step drop isn't "drinking and dunking" but IS how you beat a pass rush getting to your QB quickly.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't recall that pass. Even remember seeing post after the game talking about only 1 deep pass, the one that went to Jarwin. Interesting, I will have to rewatch it and see if I can find it.
It was a great Pass 2 Cooper down the middle. I thought it was the best throw I've ever seen Prescott make. It was a rocket on target perfect

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Throwing quick passes to slow down the blitz, using draws and screen, or even tossing it up deep on a three-step drop isn't "drinking and dunking" but IS how you beat a pass rush getting to your QB quickly.
That's exactly what dinkin dunking is. Come on now stop it

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Exactly don't don't think your opinion is right either. Just because it's your opinion. LMAO wow

Are you drunk? You made a post and I replied directly to it. Then you said not to guess what you're thinking, when I did no such thing. Now you're just going in circles with me.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually thought you gave somebody a like. When they mentioned what a great pass it was to Cooper. But I don't recall everything my cowboy brother too many games too many seasons

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The only real dink and dunk game that they have played was against the Saints, where Dak and Bridgewater basically took turns doing their impression of a backup QB trying not to lose the game. Problem is, only one was actually a backup...
Otherwise the defenses they have been playing have had almost no pass rush and have let guys run so wide open, even Dak’s slow processing isn’t going to miss those. I suspect once some real corners show up, we’ll get back to the dink and dunk offense you crave.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It was a great Pass 2 Cooper down the middle. I thought it was the best throw I've ever seen Prescott make. It was a rocket on target perfect
Don't recall it but not saying you are wrong. I don't remember every pass so I will take your word.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you drunk? You made a post and I replied directly to it. Then you said not to guess what you're thinking, when I did no such thing. Now you're just going in circles with me.
I think you're a little bit off Target is what I think. I don't think you know what dink-and-dunk means. It's slant it's screams. Just like you said. I think you're the drunk

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only real dink and dunk game that they have played was against the Saints, where Dak and Bridgewater basically took turns doing their impression of a backup QB trying not to lose the game. Problem is, only one was actually a backup...
Otherwise the defenses they have been playing have had almost no pass rush and have let guys run so wide open, even Dak’s slow processing isn’t going to miss those. I suspect once some real corners show up, we’ll get back to the dink and dunk offense you crave.
I would have liked to see more of it in the first half against the Packers

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I actually thought you gave somebody a like. When they mentioned what a great pass it was to Cooper. But I don't recall everything my cowboy brother too many games too many seasons
I wasn't in the game thread last week

texbumthelife

Reaction score
That's exactly what dinkin dunking is. Come on now stop it

You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you remember swing pass Weeden? THAT was drinking and dunking. You can counter a good pass rush with HUGE plays via screens, quick slants and draws. That's not dinking and dunking. Dinking and dunking would be measured in short yardage results.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do you think I'm craving it cured I'm suggesting you change for every opponent possibly every quarter you make adjustments. Why are you people so tunnel-visioned. Someone says something and you think it has to be the entire football game. Come on people

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you remember swing pass Weeden? THAT was drinking and dunking. You can counter a good pass rush with HUGE plays via screens, quick slants and draws. That's not dinking and dunking. Dinking and dunking would be measured in short yardage results.
You mean Brandon Weeden what you doing the garden not on a football field. Yeah I remember the coward. Going down on 3rd down without being touched. If that's what you called dink-and-dunk you need to learn football. Prescott did it his entire first season

817Gill

Reaction score
We didn't dink and dunk at all vs. GB. Gained close to 600 yards of offense on an absurd 8.3 yards per play including 9.4 yards per pass.

The difference in the game was penalties, turnovers, and the inability to stop the run allowing GB to dominate time of possession. Dinking and dunking did not exist and simply had nothing to do with this one. Next!

This!

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
This offense not having an identity is really concerning on the offensive side of the ball. Why are we all of a sudden a passing team?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been watching and playing this game before you were born obviously because you have no idea what you're talkin about. Maybe it's just your wording that you need to get correct. Because you're not explaining yourself properly. Thinking dunking is methodical moving the ball down the field football. That's what dinking and dunking is make no mistake about that from here on in