Dink and dunk offense

cowboybish

Reaction score
Difficult to interpret the intention of the post but if OP is trying to say the team should have dinked and dunked instead of taking strike plays all over the field, then I'm not sure what to say. I've never heard that suggested in my life as a fan.
I think what he was really saying is that the plays called needed to be quick strike shorter plays so the ball gets out of Dak's hand quicker thus moving the chains in smaller bits.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love Cowboys fan forum. It's almost as good as a football game the energy lol the passion. Go Cowboys. I don't want to see the same scheme for every team in the league. Is that a better way of putting it LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think what he was really saying is that the plays called needed to be quick strike shorter plays so the ball gets out of Dak's hand quicker thus moving the chains in smaller bits.
I've been a fan for over 60 years that's what I called Dink and dunk getting the ball out. Thank you for clarifying for me

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eight, nine, ten play drives that's the best I can explain Dink and dunk football

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I agree. Unfortunately, he's too busy attacking anyone who disagrees to see that he's probably using the wrong terminology.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. Unfortunately, he's too busy attacking anyone who disagrees to see that he's probably using the wrong terminology.
Obviously I was defending myself from you attacking. Maybe you should go back and see some of the words you said. I won't be disrespected

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I think they're trying to get balance. It's just not working

It seems like they wanted to showcase how much Dak has grown, which he has, but their bread and butter is running. Some may say, we don't have the Oline we once did and that may be true but we have most of the guys. I miss Leary a lot. However, we have two backs who could be a two-headed monster and we are wasting that. Run the freaking ball and open the pass game. We have so many weapons. Yet, we don't take advantage and exploit the opposing D like they exploit ours. So frustrating.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The first thing you said to me was you think having an opinion makes you right. Like who the hell do you think you are

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You can have a ten play drive comprised of three huge plays and seven unsuccessful ones.

Is that Dink and dunk?
Yeah but one is called moving the ball downfield and the other one is called methodically moving the ball downfield

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The first thing you said to me was you think having an opinion makes you right. Like who the hell do you think you are

No, I said having an opinion doesn't make you right because you were already going at anyone disagreeing with you and saying they don't understand football. Move on.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, I said having an opinion doesn't make you right because you were already going at anyone disagreeing with you and saying they don't understand football. Move on.
Either way it was disrespectful. And I won't take it. I don't mind you having an opinion. But don't disrespect mine. I don't care if you agree or disagree you didn't see me have an issue with anybody else.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah but one is called moving the ball downfield and the other one is called methodically moving the ball downfield

I think you're talking about a west coast offense with shorter passes and peppered with the run game.

cowboybish

Reaction score
You can have a ten play drive comprised of three huge plays and seven unsuccessful ones.

Is that Dink and dunk?
When your Online can not give time to let your plays develop then dink and dunk works. One of the best QB's to ever play the game frustrated me for a decade when Tarkenton was with the Viking. Master of the dink pass.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually you were the first person I had an issue with everybody else I was giving likes whether I agreed with them or not. So. Apology accepted

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Either way it was disrespectful. And I won't take it. I don't mind you having an opinion. But don't disrespect mine. I don't care if you agree or disagree you didn't see me have an issue with anybody else.

OK man. You're gonna see what you want.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK man. You're gonna see what you want.
I apologize if I misunderstood your meeting. Put over a hundred thousand post on the fan forum I never press the report button but I won't be disrespected either.