Direct TV Sunday ticket deal

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Direct TV is offering free ST for new customers.

Im finally making the switch for sunday ticket. I love having that my ATT bill combined with uverse for cable,internet and home phone all in one bill. Today i was about to renew my contract for my uverse cable when i saw that ATT is now offering Direct TV. So i started a chat with them and at first they said they couldnt offer it to me because they only offer it to people who live in towns that dont offer uverse. So i said ok ill probably hold off on renewing and contact direct tv to add the service. And right away they got "special permission" to let me add the service. So now i got direct tv coming with sunday ticket for free for this yr and still all with 1 bill on my att account.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
How is the service with Direct tv? Does it fail when its cloudy or stormy?

Hoss

Reaction score

I live in Montana, probably lose service twice a year when huge hailstorms come thru the area. But honestly, when it goes out, the last thing I would be doing is watching TV anyway.

Its not a deal breaker at all. Always come right back on as soon as the clouds with the hail pass.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I live in Montana, probably lose service twice a year when huge hailstorms come thru the area. But honestly, when it goes out, the last thing I would be doing is watching TV anyway.

Its not a deal breaker at all. Always come right back on as soon as the clouds with the hail pass.

I live in central cali so thats not a problem. Never had sat TV so didnt know how even cloud cover would affect it, if any. good to know

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

I live in South Florida. I had Directv for years but lost signal with practically every rain storm we had. And thats routine in the summer months. Just not acceptable IMO. Needless to say, that issue combined with the quality of programming getting worse every year I did to them what Jerry should have done with Red.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This must be the annual sign up for 2 years and get it free for a season deal.

At one point I could probably get on board as I used to watch TV and I had ST for a number of seasons but I cut the cable some time back and I doubt I'll go back. Everything is available online through inexpensive subscriptions or streams if that's your thing.

My folks just switched about 3 months ago so I'll use their online access. Had the online access for last 2 years. Came with Madden last year. Pretty cool and I anticipate the XBONE will have an app for it as MS partnered up with the NFL last summer.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It's been offered for free for the last 3 years or so. Decent deal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will never go back to cable...unless cable can snatch the Ticket from Directv's clutches. Then I would consider switching back. :)

Terrain and the competency of the Directv installer are more likely the reasons for service failures than weather in my opinion. I don't know how often storms have rolled through and I didn't suffer a signal failure. Now, I HAVE endured technical issues with Directv in the past. I felt like shooting someone when this past February Super Bowl was delayed due to technical issues. Luckily, I grabbed the network's internet feed until Directv discovered a solution.

Technical issues my

skinsscalper

Reaction score
This must be the annual sign up for 2 years and get it free for a season deal.

At one point I could probably get on board as I used to watch TV and I had ST for a number of seasons but I cut the cable some time back and I doubt I'll go back. Everything is available online through inexpensive subscriptions or streams if that's your thing.

My folks just switched about 3 months ago so I'll use their online access. Had the online access for last 2 years. Came with Madden last year. Pretty cool and I anticipate the XBONE will have an app for it as MS partnered up with the NFL last summer.

Every deal is a two year deal. Sunday Ticket or not.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I will never go back to cable...unless cable can snatch the Ticket from Directv's clutches. Then I would consider switching back. :)

Terrain and the competency of the Directv installer are more likely the reasons for service failures than weather in my opinion. I don't know how often storms have rolled through and I didn't suffer a signal failure. Now, I HAVE endured technical issues with Directv in the past. I felt like shooting someone when this past February Super Bowl was delayed due to technical issues. Luckily, I grabbed the network's internet feed until Directv discovered a solution.

Technical issues my

The AT&T deal hinges on Directv securing an exclusive rights deal with the NFL for Sunday Ticket. Directv is going to sell out to secure that deal. I wouldn't count on cable and especially not DISH Network even sniffing it.

Techs will definitely cause issues down the line if they aren't thorough. Many are WAY over-scheduled making it impossible often times for them to do everything "to code" and still get their days' work orders done without being "fined" $50.00 for every job that they don't make it to on time. If you want Directv, order it in the winter (when the work loads are down) and you'll get a much better and thorough install (make them give you ST for the following season).