DirecTv channel 213

TDHND

Reaction score
Nice to hear that the northern part of the state is getting it. Still unsure about around here.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Trust me, it'll be on tonight.

Famous John Madden quote:

"We had a saying over at Fox when I was working there as an analyst. When in doubt, always go with the Cowboys. It never failed us."

Reaction score
I had the same issue, I was on the phone for 20 minutes and the lady couldn't even spell ESPN! She told me that channel doesn't exist I told her it was on the TV. I am in San Jose, CA and now have a few buddies coming over to watch the game. It better be on!!!

TDHND

Reaction score
I will be very upset if it isn't on at my house. I'm all set to watch it now after reading about all of you getting it.

mullet

Reaction score
are you guys looking at a hard copy of a guide.... or on the internet? I have been looking on directv.com and I can't find any such 213 channel.
I am trying to find it in Houston, Texas. (I can't check my TV because I will be going to a friends who has DirecTV).

heathead

Reaction score
mullet said:
are you guys looking at a hard copy of a guide.... or on the internet? I have been looking on directv.com and I can't find any such 213 channel.
I am trying to find it in Houston, Texas. (I can't check my TV because I will be going to a friends who has DirecTV).
Channell 213 doesn't show up unless you go forward to 10:00pm (eastern) then the game appears as well...

JDSmith

Reaction score
I've seen the espn alternate channel a few times during hockey season (obviously not LAST season). But it's only going to be on if your local channel is showing the same game as what's supposed to be showing on ESPN. I'm not sure how the NFL channel works into espn alternates though. I'm assuming they workedout some kind of deal, and since my local station here on the east coast isn't going to be showing the raiders/niners I'm about 99% sure I'm not going to be seeing that game on 213 and it'll remain the black screen channel that it is almost all of the time.

speedemn

Reaction score
the Raiders/Niners are on channel..212

cowboys/cards are on channel..213

10:00est...enjoy

JDSmith

Reaction score
pbthal said:
Cool, Im in NoCal and they are carrying the Raiders/Niners games locally

If that's the case then it's a pretty good guess that you're going to have the alternate game on 213. Good for you. I'm not banking on it happening here in NJ though.

31smackdown

Reaction score
I'm in NY and I'm kind of thinking the same thing as JD, so in the meantime does anyone know where it can be tuned into on a C-Band satellite dish? If I can find a sportsbar that still has one, I can at least tell them where to look then.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I scrolled forward to 6pm AK time on the channel.

THE GAME IS LISTED

THE REMINDER IS SET

Im such a school girl about this stuff :D

bags

Reaction score
On dish network it's 146 (for me on the east coast at least). However, I'm not seeing Cowboys vs. Cardinals. :shoot2:

We'll see though...keep your fingers crossed!:crossed:

Edit: I will be able to watch the Commanders vs panthers and giants vs browns game on other channels...go figure...:skins::jints::suxskins:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Any chance someone can make a tape or DVD for me. Or will this be on cable somewhere later? No access to Direct TV. First I don't get to go to Costa Rica and now everyone is watching the game but me. I think I need a hug. :)

Bizwah

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
I've seen the espn alternate channel a few times during hockey season (obviously not LAST season). But it's only going to be on if your local channel is showing the same game as what's supposed to be showing on ESPN. I'm not sure how the NFL channel works into espn alternates though. I'm assuming they workedout some kind of deal, and since my local station here on the east coast isn't going to be showing the raiders/niners I'm about 99% sure I'm not going to be seeing that game on 213 and it'll remain the black screen channel that it is almost all of the time.

I hate to poop on everyone's parade, but JD Smith is right.

You're only going to get to see the game if you're in Dallas or Arizona. I'm getting the message too, but I know I'm not getting the game. I see these alternative channels all the time (usually, FOX alternative). Most of the time, I don't get the games.

I remember seeing this last year. The NFL Network was showing a preseason game (I think it was Pats vs Eagles), and the guide said there was supposed to be another game on 213.......well, I checked 213 to see the other game, and got nothing.

It's a big tease unfortunately. Sorry to break the news, but even if you see the guide telling you the game will be on, you more than likely won't get it.

As JD Smith says, it's for Dallas and AZ residents, that for some reason won't get the game on their local channels.

Sorry........