DirecTv channel 213

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I hate to poop on everyone's parade, but JD Smith is right.

You're only going to get to see the game if you're in Dallas or Arizona. I'm getting the message too, but I know I'm not getting the game. I see these alternative channels all the time (usually, FOX alternative). Most of the time, I don't get the games.

I remember seeing this last year. The NFL Network was showing a preseason game (I think it was Pats vs Eagles), and the guide said there was supposed to be another game on 213.......well, I checked 213 to see the other game, and got nothing.

It's a big tease unfortunately. Sorry to break the news, but even if you see the guide telling you the game will be on, you more than likely won't get it.

As JD Smith says, it's for Dallas and AZ residents, that for some reason won't get the game on their local channels.

Sorry........

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
31smackdown said:
I'm in NY and I'm kind of thinking the same thing as JD, so in the meantime does anyone know where it can be tuned into on a C-Band satellite dish? If I can find a sportsbar that still has one, I can at least tell them where to look then.
If they haven't made any crazy agreements with the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys Television Network (Silverstar) always broadcast their preseason games in the clear on either the Galaxy 3 (95 degrees) or Telstar 5 (97 degrees) satellites. You (or the sports bar) will not be able to locate the feed until Mickey Spagnola and Steve Dennis begin their pregame show (usually 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours before kickoff). You'll have to scan all the channels (transponders) on both satellites to find the one which DCTN will be broadcasting over at that time.

I've always been able to see the preseason games this way, so that's the good news. The bad news is, since ESPN is involved, the DCTN may not carry the game. If that's the case, you may want to scan the Galaxy 1 satellite (133 degrees). The wild ESPN feeds are usually broadcasting on channel 14. It'll be a toss-up for which game the ESPN feed will carry though. :(

Hope that helps.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
If they haven't made any crazy agreements with the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys Television Network (Silverstar) always broadcast their preseason games in the clear on either the Galaxy 3 (95 degrees) or Telstar 5 (97 degrees) satellites. You (or the sports bar) will not be able to locate the feed until Mickey Spagnola and Steve Dennis begin their pregame show (usually 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours before kickoff). You'll have to scan all the channels (transponders) on both satellites to find the one which DCTN will be broadcasting over at that time.

I've always been able to see the preseason games this way, so that's the good news. The bad news is, since ESPN is involved, the DCTN may not carry the game. If that's the case, you may want to scan the Galaxy 1 satellite (133 degrees). The wild ESPN feeds are usually broadcasting on channel 14. It'll be a toss-up for which game the ESPN feed will carry though. :(

Hope that helps.
Darn..

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast said:

Hope that helps.

I'll never, ever, forever, forget that time some years back when you were giving us a pre-season play by play of a Cowboy game, and wRZ was posting typing "over" after every one of your posts! :lmao2:

Remember that? :laugh2:

DallasEast: Slant pass to the right for 11 yrds...first down

wRZ: Did the reciever push off.
(over)

DallasEast: Handoff up the middle...three yard gain...

wRZ: Did the runner trip over his own feet?
(over)

Cracked me up! Ole wRZ and his dog xaM!! :lmao:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jobberone said:
Any chance someone can make a tape or DVD for me. Or will this be on cable somewhere later? No access to Direct TV. First I don't get to go to Costa Rica and now everyone is watching the game but me. I think I need a hug. :)
I won't see it til Monday morning, but if no one has taped it for you tonite, I will do so then.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
speedemn said:
Its on here ( channel 213 in Phoenix) also, but wouldn't it be blacked out here????

blackout for a preseason game? ....no way, man

speeddemn,

Cool sig of Portnoy. Dream Theater is my favorite band. :yourock:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mkyle said:
I'll never, ever, forever, forget that time some years back when you were giving us a pre-season play by play of a Cowboy game, and wRZ was posting typing "over" after every one of your posts! :lmao2:

Remember that? :laugh2:

DallasEast: Slant pass to the right for 11 yrds...first down

wRZ: Did the reciever push off.
(over)

DallasEast: Handoff up the middle...three yard gain...

wRZ: Did the runner trip over his own feet?
(over)

Cracked me up! Ole wRZ and his dog xaM!! :lmao:
Who could EVER forget WRZ. He was definitely an American original. :)

Newton

Reaction score
I am in the Chicago area and I am ready to roll on the 213. Her's to hoping it works.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I won't see it til Monday morning, but if no one has taped it for you tonite, I will do so then.

Thanks B. I'm waiting on a call from a friend who's checking the ticket for tonite. But I think everyone here has said it isn't on it. So....I'll watch some TV that will show some highlites and listen to it on the radio. I think it's on Monday on the NFL Network which I do have. I appreciate you offering though my good friend.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jobberone said:
Thanks B. I'm waiting on a call from a friend who's checking the ticket for tonite. But I think everyone here has said it isn't on it. So....I'll watch some TV that will show some highlites and listen to it on the radio. I think it's on Monday on the NFL Network which I do have. I appreciate you offering though my good friend.

My pleasure.

cowboy4322

Cowboy Realist
Reaction score
If the game is not on, I really think this is some type of bait and switch. I mean, I checked my guide and it does say on Ch 213 that the Cowboys/Cardinals game will be shown. If the game is only going to be shown in Dallas and Arizona only, then wouldn't it make sense for the directtv screen guide for 213 saying that the game will be shown only show up for people in Dallas and Arizona only?

I think that if the game was not going to be shown anywhere else, the on-screen guide for ch 213 should not list the game. That is where I think the bait and switch comes in because that listing makes people think the game will be shown in their area and then they feel cheated when the game ends up not being shown.

Oh well, my .02. I hope the game is shown, but if not, I will listen to Father Frank like everyone else. :D

Cowboy4322

P.S. I hope this makes sense.

speedemn

Reaction score
Cool sig of Portnoy. Dream Theater is my favorite band

thanks Starman,

I'll be going to see them aug.31....I can't wait

ps: I,ve been a DT fan for about 16 years....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cowboy4322 said:
If the game is not on, I really think this is some type of bait and switch. I mean, I checked my guide and it does say on Ch 213 that the Cowboys/Cardinals game will be shown. If the game is only going to be shown in Dallas and Arizona only, then wouldn't it make sense for the directtv screen guide for 213 saying that the game will be shown only show up for people in Dallas and Arizona only?

I think that if the game was not going to be shown anywhere else, the on-screen guide for ch 213 should not list the game. That is where I think the bait and switch comes in because that listing makes people think the game will be shown in their area and then they feel cheated when the game ends up not being shown.

Oh well, my .02. I hope the game is shown, but if not, I will listen to Father Frank like everyone else. :D

Cowboy4322

Oh, if anything, it makes TOO much sense.

My program shows it...in New York.

I'm gonna be kinda cranky if it isn't on.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with the pre-game audio on DC.com? It's prompting me for NFL Field Pass. Talk about a bait and switch!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Anyone having a problem with the pre-game audio on DC.com? It's prompting me for NFL Field Pass. Talk about a bait and switch!

Yep..same here.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
cowboy4322 said:

Cowboy4322

It's listed on my grid guide too.

But the direct tv grid guide lists everything anyone could possibly see, regardless of their subscriptions.

For example, the sports package in the 600-650 number range. They always listed the individual live FOX preseason games, regardless of the blackout rules that applied.

I'm really especially ticked nfltv went with the Raiders over the Boys nationally. I have the CBS East and West flag station waivers, and could have gotten the Raiders live anyway on CBSW.

But who knows....flukes have been known to occur and we could get lucky,