Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 movie coming in 2015!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disney buying Lucasfilm, will release new 'Star Wars' movie in 2015

Walt Disney Co. is buying Lucasfilm in a $4 billion deal that brings the best-selling "Star Wars" franchise under the Disney umbrella, with plans to release Episode 7 of the long-running saga in 2015.

Disney has long had a close relationship with closely held Lucasfilm and founder George Lucas, including featured attractions at Disney theme parks such as Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," said Lucas, 68, in a statement.

The cash and stock deal is valued at about $4.05 billion, Disney said. Lucasfilm is solely owned by George Lucas.

Full Article

#reality

Rogah

Reaction score
The best part is that George Lucas won't be making the new movies. He'll be a creative consultant, but not producer/writer/director.

Star Wars is a great idea with wonderful characters, but the more direct control over each of the movies Lucas had, the worse they were.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
They should stick to the books on the next movies.

Lucas started on that downward slide when he went to the stupid Ewoks.

Man I remember sitting in the theater for Return of the Jedi and the movie starts of so great Luke does the bounce of the diving board to getting the saber cutting people down just freakin awesome. Princes Leia chocking out Jaba the Hut. Then they go from all that to Ewoks :banghead:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rogah;4816532 said:
The best part is that George Lucas won't be making the new movies. He'll be a creative consultant, but not producer/writer/director.

Star Wars is a great idea with wonderful characters, but the more direct control over each of the movies Lucas had, the worse they were.

On the money here.

Great news that we'll be getting Episode 7. Even better that someone other than Lucas will be directing it.

Rogah

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4816692 said:
They should stick to the books on the next movies.
I hope you don't mean the Heir to the Empire Trilogy. Ugh.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4817274 said:
They should have stopped with the original three.

Nah, Lucas just shouldn't have been involved in the newer ones. He has this amazing ability to bring the worst out of every actor he directs.

The Star Wars universe is huge, diverse and well developed. It deserves better than to be killed in film format simply because Lucas is a terrible director.

I'd love to see more movies in that world, I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. They just need to be well directed.

I'd love to see directors like Guillermo del Toro, Peter Jackson, David Fincher, JJ Abrams, etc. get a shot at bringing Star Wars back from the brink of ridiculousness.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I exciting that the story gets to continue. As some have already said, the Star Wars story is huge. I for one am exciting to see things getting out of Georges hands and into a studio who will either crash and burn with it or make it even bigger for future gen's to enjoy.

Not a fan though of Disney. That is my only hang up. They have put some flat awful stuff. We shall see.