Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 movie coming in 2015!

arglebargle

Reaction score
TheCount;4817325 said:
Nah, Lucas just shouldn't have been involved in the newer ones. He has this amazing ability to bring the worst out of every actor he directs.

The Star Wars universe is huge, diverse and well developed. It deserves better than to be killed in film format simply because Lucas is a terrible director.

I'd love to see more movies in that world, I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. They just need to be well directed.

I'd love to see directors like Guillermo del Toro, Peter Jackson, David Fincher, JJ Abrams, etc. get a shot at bringing Star Wars back from the brink of ridiculousness.

A friend who knows something of the inner workings of the movie productions told me that Lucas is too easilly satisfied with 'That's good enough' on various takes, and heads on to further scenes. Being satisfied with mediocre performances, when you could get really good ones, is not a great asset to any director (or film editor).

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think Episode 7 should start when Han and Leia kids are grown up.

Bring in Mark and Carrie and whoever that will play Han as senior citizens.

Just a thought.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Rogah;4816532 said:
The best part is that George Lucas won't be making the new movies. He'll be a creative consultant, but not producer/writer/director.

Star Wars is a great idea with wonderful characters, but the more direct control over each of the movies Lucas had, the worse they were.

Exactly as bad as Disney screws up, see John Carter, they will be a lot better than the last few movies Lucas made.

LOL I found this just now. Five ways Diney's Star Wars Franchise could go spectacularly wrong.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
TheCount;4817325 said:
Nah, Lucas just shouldn't have been involved in the newer ones. He has this amazing ability to bring the worst out of every actor he directs.

The Star Wars universe is huge, diverse and well developed. It deserves better than to be killed in film format simply because Lucas is a terrible director.

I'd love to see more movies in that world, I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. They just need to be well directed.

I'd love to see directors like Guillermo del Toro, Peter Jackson, David Fincher, JJ Abrams, etc. get a shot at bringing Star Wars back from the brink of ridiculousness.

Jackson would end up with a 5 hour movie

reddyuta

Reaction score
bigdnlaca;4817443 said:
I think Episode 7 should start when Han and Leia kids are grown up.

Bring in Mark and Carrie and whoever that will play Han as senior citizens.

Just a thought.

This seems possible,i have a feeling they will skip the Thrawn trilogy.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Does this mean more Indiana Jones movies? The big thing is more Star Wars and Indiana Jones stuff at Disneyland and Disneyworld.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Mixed Feelings on this.

I haven't spent money on anything Star Wars related since the Prequals were released. They were so god awful that I literally quit Star Wars, which was possibly my favorite thing that existed back then. I used to be the BIGGEST Star Wars nerd, I even owned 3 Star Wars Encyclopedias, and nearly all the expanded Universe books.

George Lucas ruined it all by being awful.

I'm thrilled Star Wars is being taken from his hands, I would never have given sequals made by him even the smallest of chances.

However I'm not exactly thrilled that Disney bought them. I don't have the most faith in that company to pull off anything as big as Star Wars. I see them being very similar to the Prequals as Disney tends to work by the same mind set that George does. Huge set a movies with over the top CGI, and pretty much everything introduced is designed to sell toys.

Then again. They do own Marvel Comics and some of those movies were done quite well. So while I'm not super enthusiastic, I do have some hope.

I think the Thrawn trilogy would be fantastic if they are going to do Sequals, those were fantastic books far better than anything George coulda come up with. But I kind of doubt they will make 7/8/9 off of books and just go with new stuff.

kmp77

Reaction score
They should either continue with the original saga with luke, leigh, han with grown kids who are the center of the story. Let Luke me a master teacher at the temple. Let Leigh be one of the top politicians.

I'd almost rather them start it 100 years after ROTJ...maybe only have Luke as a force ghost and voice. Maybe use him in the jedi temple in video recordings etc as the teacher who brings back the jedi order. Keep the main focus on the Skywalker kids...maybe Luke's kid and son is the main focus. Not sure on the enemy. The books brought back the emperor. I don't think they should do that though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;4817325 said:

I completely agree with you.

Hearing that there would be more movies was great. Hearing that Lucas wouldn't be involved in directing? Icing on the cake!

joseephuss

Reaction score
TheCount;4817325 said:

I agree; however, I don't think the best of Hayden Christensen is that good anyways.

Rogah

Reaction score
arglebargle;4817193 said:
What's your complaint with them?
Oh, I dunno.... the deranged, cloned Jedi Master.... the ysalamari for another (ya that was a big one).... the "Secret Apprentice" Mara Jade.... the Grand Master invincible Moff Thrawn or whatever his name was.... the notion that Yoda went to Dagobah to confront some nebulous evil power....

Those stand out but bear in mind it has been quite some time since I read those books.

Rogah

Reaction score
MonsterD;4817452 said:
Exactly as bad as Disney screws up, see John Carter, they will be a lot better than the last few movies Lucas made.
Disney's doing a great job with the Marvel franchise, and Pixar is pretty darn impressive as well, so I'm not willing to judge them too harshly for the occasional clunker.

Rogah

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4817593 said:
Mixed Feelings on this.

I haven't spent money on anything Star Wars related since the Prequals were released. They were so god awful that I literally quit Star Wars, which was possibly my favorite thing that existed back then. I used to be the BIGGEST Star Wars nerd, I even owned 3 Star Wars Encyclopedias, and nearly all the expanded Universe books.

George Lucas ruined it all by being awful.

I'm thrilled Star Wars is being taken from his hands, I would never have given sequals made by him even the smallest of chances.

However I'm not exactly thrilled that Disney bought them. I don't have the most faith in that company to pull off anything as big as Star Wars. I see them being very similar to the Prequals as Disney tends to work by the same mind set that George does. Huge set a movies with over the top CGI, and pretty much everything introduced is designed to sell toys.

Then again. They do own Marvel Comics and some of those movies were done quite well. So while I'm not super enthusiastic, I do have some hope.

I think the Thrawn trilogy would be fantastic if they are going to do Sequals, those were fantastic books far better than anything George coulda come up with. But I kind of doubt they will make 7/8/9 off of books and just go with new stuff.
I have no doubt that, like the prequels, anything that came from the "Expanded Universe" books and comics and whatever will be completely thrown out the window for these new movies. You won't hear the name "Grand Admiral Thrawn" in the sequel any more than we heard the name "Jaster Mareel" in the prequels.

Rogah

Reaction score
joseephuss;4817571 said:
Does this mean more Indiana Jones movies? The big thing is more Star Wars and Indiana Jones stuff at Disneyland and Disneyworld.
Some are speculating this will revive the Indiana Jones license as well, albeit most likely with a new actor playing the title role.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I could see them being done well as a CGI movie, with the original actors doing the voices.

So long as it doesn't look like the god awful Clone Wars garbage.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4817931 said:
I could see them being done well as a CGI movie, with the original actors doing the voices.

So long as it doesn't look like the god awful Clone Wars garbage.
That's a horrible idea.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
The more Star Wars the better. I don't care what anyone says. And people close to Lucas say it was supposed to be a 12 part story to the saga. So even this sequel trilogy won't be the end.