Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 movie coming in 2015!

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/ge...st-history-s-greatest-philanthropists_3357534

George Lucas Donation To Put Him Amongst History's Greatest Philanthropists

George Lucas' donation of over half the $4 billion from the Disney deal will see him considered amongst the most generous philanthropists of all time. After announcing that he had sold LucasFilm to Disney, a spokesperson told the Hollywood Reporter that Lucas has expressed his intention to donate the majority of the proceeds to his philanthropic endeavours.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4816654 said:
Not just a 7th movie, but an 8th and 9th as well. Please, All That Is Holy, don't let these suck as much as the last three did.

http://www.eonline.com/news/358713/disney-not-stopping-at-7-3-star-wars-films-coming

Out of order.

The first three movies released are actually the middle in series of 9 stories

4. Star Wars - A New Hope
5. Empire Strikes Back
6. Return of the Jedi

were released as the first three so most thought they were Episodes 1, 2 and 3.

When they talked of the prequels, I thought ok, this could be cool. But after seeing the movies, it wasnt that they were bad, they were handholding storytelling. Part of the intrique of 4,5,6 was not knowing all the details on how things came to be.

Basically = OVEREXPLAINING

Now, they are going to jump ahead to episodes 7, 8 and 9.

To what, avail?

In summary - 9 episodes released out of order

4, 5, 6 - - 1, 2, 3 - - 7, 8, 9

StevenOtero

Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4827792 said:
Out of order.

The first three movies released are actually the middle in series of 9 stories

4. Star Wars - A New Hope
5. Empire Strikes Back
6. Return of the Jedi

were released as the first three so most thought they were Episodes 1, 2 and 3.

When they talked of the prequels, I thought ok, this could be cool. But after seeing the movies, it wasnt that they were bad, they were handholding storytelling. Part of the intrique of 4,5,6 was not knowing all the details on how things came to be.

Basically = OVEREXPLAINING

Now, they are going to jump ahead to episodes 7, 8 and 9.

To what, avail?

In summary - 9 episodes released out of order

4, 5, 6 - - 1, 2, 3 - - 7, 8, 9
Um, duh? Who are you explaining this to? We know this...

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Future;4827293 said:
I think you're spot on.

What was cool about 2 and 3 was that the Jedi are a lot more visible. Maybe it hurts the overall feel you get from III, IV, and V, where the Jedi are kind of this mystical group of heroes :laugh2: but it was fun to watch them in battle.

The prequels were very visually appealing. Cool fights, cool lightsaber battles, lots of nice looking CGI.

Story? Plot? Acting? Character development?

All missing. Everything involving those categories was so awful it makes me cringe. Such bad storytelling, and some of the worst character development I have seen in a big budget movie. I don't even want to go into Anakin's "Turn" to the darkside. He goes from good to murdering children in the span of like 10 minutes.

I could go into a very long and detailed review about why all 3 prequels were so bad, but someone has already done it for me.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

If you liked the Star Wars Prequels, you should still enjoy the 3 movie reviews 'cause they are filled with some pretty good humor. If you hated the 3 prequels as movies, you will not only laugh your butt off, but agree with nearly every point made. These reviews dissect the movies amazingly. Pretty much points out near everything that was awful about them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teren_Kanan;4828573 said:
The prequels were very visually appealing. Cool fights, cool lightsaber battles, lots of nice looking CGI.

Story? Plot? Acting? Character development?

All missing. Everything involving those categories was so awful it makes me cringe. Such bad storytelling, and some of the worst character development I have seen in a big budget movie.

No, Lucas wasn't interested in any of that. And it's why I'm glad he's passed the Star Wars universe on to people who will be able to integrate those essential elements into the next trilogy.

I don't even want to go into Anakin's "Turn" to the darkside. He goes from good to murdering children in the span of like 10 minutes.

Exactly! A ridiculous rush-job that completely alienates the viewer from having any sort of emotional attachment to the character's fall.

It happens so quickly and so unbelievably that you simply tune out and resign yourself to 'here it comes'.

And why? So we can see a child podracing at 500 miles per hour and flying starships while 'accidentally' saving the day. Good lord!

I could go into a very long and detailed review about why all 3 prequels were so bad, but someone has already done it for me.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

If you liked the Star Wars Prequels, you should still enjoy the 3 movie reviews 'cause they are filled with some pretty good humor. If you hated the 3 prequels as movies, you will not only laugh your butt off, but agree with nearly every point made. These reviews dissect the movies amazingly. Pretty much points out near everything that was awful about them.

Thanks for posting these, I'll check them out later when I have the time.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
stasheroo;4828762 said:
Thanks for posting these, I'll check them out later when I have the time.

I assure you you won't regret it. They are very long, but hilarious and spot on =p

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4828306 said:
Um, duh? Who are you explaining this to? We know this...

I am sure EVERYONE reading this DID NOT know that.

Was that really necessary. So petty.

Obviously, we both like the movies and the stories. Some people are just obnoxious because it makes them feel good.

Childish.