Disney+ is legit

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick side question, any of you 4K UHD/HDR users tried any of their 4K content yet on the Disney+ app? I feel like the picture for HDR is a little dim. Just curious if others have experienced this?
Do they have that noted as different?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Do they have that noted as different?

Yeah when you click on the title, and it takes you to the page that gives you a quick summary of the movie/show, it says underneath the title what format it is. HD or 4K

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What is the time range here? That's a crazy amount. I had a friend who was spamming my plex server with Blade Runner (terrible movie). I asked her what the heck, and she said she puts in on in the background. I put an end to that really quickly.

60 days

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick side question, any of you 4K UHD/HDR users tried any of their 4K content yet on the Disney+ app? I feel like the picture for HDR is a little dim. Just curious if others have experienced this?
I'm not an expert by any means on HDR but I know that it has certain "nits" requirements which is what separates a lot of HDR-capable panels in TVs, monitors, etc. There are nits minimums to meet HDR standards, but panels with higher nits will typically produce better quality video.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
A couple of problems here and there, but they've done a wonderful job on day 1. They knock out some punch list items and this is the premier streaming service hands down.
I'm enjoying it so far. Watching a few Marvel movies I skipped. The Mandalorian is also quite good

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm not an expert by any means on HDR but I know that it has certain "nits" requirements which is what separates a lot of HDR-capable panels in TVs, monitors, etc. There are nits minimums to meet HDR standards, but panels with higher nits will typically produce better quality video.

I googled it and it seems to be a widespread issue. Though, some people are claiming the HDR is so dark it's almost unwatchable. Mine isn't nearly that bad but it does seems dimmer on the overall picture.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Everything I've seen in Dolby Vision has looked remarkable.

MaaS

Reaction score

Mine looks great - although I'll admit to not having a great eye for subtle differences like some seem to have.