Disney+ is legit

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I signed up for it last night. Not only are they offering the usual free month trial, but after that, it's only $6.99 a month. Really reasonable in my opinion, especially since they include 4K UHD/HDR format in the base package at that price. That is extra on Netflix. My only disagreement within this thread is that I didnt really think their library was THAT big. Unless I missed a large section of it somewhere. I can say I was pleasantly surprised to see they had some National Geographic content on there. In fact, I already watched the Titanic show with James Cameron. Haha

I did kick the idea around of their ESPN package but I'm not sure how much I'd really use it. I'll check this service out more over the next few months and see how I feel about it. So far though great content at a great value.
What do you watch it on?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I signed up for it last night. Not only are they offering the usual free month trial, but after that, it's only $6.99 a month. Really reasonable in my opinion, especially since they include 4K UHD/HDR format in the base package at that price. That is extra on Netflix. My only disagreement within this thread is that I didnt really think their library was THAT big. Unless I missed a large section of it somewhere. I can say I was pleasantly surprised to see they had some National Geographic content on there. In fact, I already watched the Titanic show with James Cameron. Haha

I did kick the idea around of their ESPN package but I'm not sure how much I'd really use it. I'll check this service out more over the next few months and see how I feel about it. So far though great content at a great value.
I think it has a lot to offer in the beginning. Disney has a vast library of a variety of movies, tv shows, etc. that people have not seen in a while or had available to watch on other services like Netflix.

It's definitely worth it at the initial $6.99 price too, but I will not be surprised to see that price increase to $9.99 sometime next year, though even that price is not unreasonable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it has a lot to offer in the beginning. Disney has a vast library of a variety of movies, tv shows, etc. that people have not seen in a while or had available to watch on other services like Netflix.

It's definitely worth it at the initial $6.99 price too, but I will not be surprised to see that price increase to $9.99 sometime next year, though even that price is not unreasonable.
That seems to be their plan as viewers will work their way through some of that older content from their formative years and Netflix is still the target at 12.99 per month.

They conducted research on TV streaming and the results revealed that most people interested in that would max at 4 services but at a 42 per month max price. And they were counting in Amazon Prime as one of the services. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, Apple+ with NBC and HBO Max on the way. Some companies are going to get the short end of the stick and either fold or get bought out like Disney did with Hulu. I don't know yet how HBO Max is going to differ from the premium HBO I have now. There's also HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz in the mix.

I wonder if people are creating a new budget line item or replacing something else? I am also wondering if Disney is going to offer premiers of their new movies at an additional cost and cut out the theaters on some of the traffic?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My Xbox. In fact seeing the app advertised on there reminded me that I wanted to check it out as I have heard a ton of people talking it up.
Same here, saw it advertised last night on Playstation when logging into Hulu. Then saw they have some stuff I like so going to get it too.

MaaS

Reaction score
The $12.99 bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ is a really compelling offer. You can add live TV through Hulu during the NFL season and cancel after as well, which easily makes it the best cord-cutter option on the market IMO.

Disney+ is excellent. An absolute must for anyone with kids. There are so many Star Wars and Marvel shows coming out that I'll be a long-term subscriber. Highly recommend.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Free month? I signed up last night and only saw a free 7 day trial.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The $12.99 bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ is a really compelling offer. You can add live TV through Hulu during the NFL season and cancel after as well, which easily makes it the best cord-cutter option on the market IMO.

Disney+ is excellent. An absolute must for anyone with kids. There are so many Star Wars and Marvel shows coming out that I'll be a long-term subscriber. Highly recommend.
If you have Hulu already, can you just upgrade that on the same account?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also noticed they have the full Simpsons catalogue. First time ever in Streaming.

There is a bit of a controversy over the aspect ratio as it is cutting some site gags off

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If any of you have Samsung Smart TV's older than 2016, the app won't work, you'll need a fire stick or full game console. I called Samsung and only the 2017+ Smart TV's will carry the app and only the 2018+ will carry the Apple TV+ app. I ordered the Ultra Roku Steaming for 4K from Amazon. I am a neophyte with the streaming devices and have just streamed through my TV or BluRay player in the past.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That Hulu is the one with commercial ads.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not just for the kids or family. You get sick, there's nothing better than a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some animated feel good film to pull you through. Really feel bad? Put on "Snow White and the 7 Dwarves" and you'll say "yeah, they're cute but I'm taller" and you will feel better.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I've got a Samsung Smart TV and I cannot find the app for it, have the same problem with Apple. Selected that Apple TV+ and YouTube showed up and I don't know how to get rid of that and replace it.

If anyone can help me, I won't call you a geek......unless that works but you will be my mostest favoritist geek. A geek god.

What Model Samsung TV do you have?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Free month? I signed up last night and only saw a free 7 day trial.

I'm almost certain mine said free month. I'll have to check.

Edit: You were correct. I guess it was only 7 days. Odd, wonder how in the world I got a free month out of that? LOL Oh well, whatever, it's $7.