Dissing DWare

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack;2323473 said:
Ware isn't as good as LT

That could be argued if you go by their stats at the same point in their careers.

Rack;2323473 said:
nor will he ever be as good as LT.

That is just a dumb statement. Ware has gotten better every year .... who says he will not continue?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2323500 said:
1st year LT 9 sacks (unofficial), 1 int
1st year Haley 12 sacks, 1 int
1st year Ware 8 sacks, 0 int

2nd year LT 7.5 sacks, 1 int
2nd year Haley 6.5 Sks, 0 int
2nd year Ware 11.5 Sks, 1 int

3rd year LT 9 sacks, 2 int
3rd year Haley 11.5 Sks, 0 int
3rd year Ware 14 Sks, 0 int

4th year LT 11.5 sacks, 1 int
4th year Haley 10.5 Sks, 0 int
4th year Ware(in 5 games) 5 Sks (on pace for 16), 0 int

I am fine with how Ware is developing ..... I think people get caught up in the legends of past players.
:fact:

superpunk

Reaction score
zrinkill;2323500 said:
1st year LT 9 sacks (unofficial), 1 int
1st year Haley 12 sacks, 1 int
1st year Ware 8 sacks, 0 int

2nd year LT 7.5 sacks, 1 int
2nd year Haley 6.5 Sks, 0 int
2nd year Ware 11.5 Sks, 1 int

3rd year LT 9 sacks, 2 int
3rd year Haley 11.5 Sks, 0 int
3rd year Ware 14 Sks, 0 int

4th year LT 11.5 sacks, 1 int
4th year Haley 10.5 Sks, 0 int
4th year Ware(in 5 games) 5 Sks (on pace for 16), 0 int

I am fine with how Ware is developing ..... I think people get caught up in the legends of past players.

Buckle up folks - stats are about to be discounted as unimportant, and it's more about how LT and Haley changed games.

I think it's pretty foolish to think that Ware has even approached his peak, yet.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
zrinkill;2323516 said:
That could be argued if you go by their stats at the same point in their careers.

That is just a dumb statement. Ware has gotten better every year .... who says he will not continue?

Don't start with the namecalling or I will lower the freakin' boom on you, boy.

Comparing "Stats" is the first problem you're making. Watch the game, Boy, and learn something.

LT was DOMINANT. Ware is not at that level, yet.

It's not "Dumb" to say someone won't be as good at his position as the person who is best at if of ALL TIME.

Ware is getting double teamed at times, and sees a chip pretty much every play, but teams threw the freakin' house at LT and he still produced.

And don't even start with the showing ONE stat over the first 4 years crap. I can do that too, just to show how useless it is.

Clinton Portis had 5900 yards after his first 4 years in the league.

I guess he's better than Emmitt was cuz Emmitt only had 5,365.

superpunk

Reaction score
superpunk;2323539 said:
Buckle up folks - stats are about to be discounted as unimportant, and it's more about how LT and Haley changed games.

Rack;2323542 said:
Comparing "Stats" is the first problem you're making. Watch the game, Boy, and learn something.

LT was DOMINANT. Ware is not at that level, yet.

Nailed it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2323539 said:

I think it's pretty foolish to think that Ware has even approached his peak, yet.

Read my first post in this thread.

he obviously hasn't been playing up to his potential this year

I don't think Ware has even come close to his peak yet.

I just don't like when people feel the need to "Diss" a legend just to justify one of our players' lack of dominance.

Ware can be a beast if he wants to. Maybe LT got to that lvl cuz he was a crazy bastid, I don't know. I do think that " Meanness" would really help Ware get to his peak though. He's an amazing player and I love having him on the team. But I'd love to see him get PO'd and crap on a coaches hood on day, then absolutely kick a tackle's arse the next day.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2323551 said:
Nailed it.

So you predicted it, does that mean it's not true?

So stats are all that matters, do you agree CLinton Portis is better then Emmitt Smith was?

superpunk

Reaction score
LT highlight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_auV_Nydvb0&feature=related

Obviously not alot can be said from this, but you're not seeing alot (or any) "highlights" from Lawrence where he's beating two men and still nailing the QB. I fully realize this doesn't prove anything, but look at where Taylor is making his hey in this video - he's beating backs and TEs and tackles 1 on 1, or he's simply running free. He was an amazing player, but the deification is a little much sometimes.

QT

Reaction score
Rack;2323473 said:
I'm sorry, but you're flat out WRONG here.

LT revolutionized the game, much the way Bob Hayes did. LT was a freakin' man-beast and if anything over time people have FORGOTTEN how good he really was.

I remember when the cowboys were about to play the giants, my only thought was "I hope LT doesn't kill us". I wasn't worried about the other guys, only LT.

You don't have to lessen his legend - a legend he DESERVES - just to pump up Ware.

Ware isn't as good as LT nor will he ever be as good as LT. That doesn't mean he isn't or can't be great, or even hall of fame worthy some day.

I know right. He must have never played Techmo Bowl :)

LT was a beast in that game. Blocking field goals....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;2323557 said:
So you predicted it, does that mean it's not true?

So stats are all that matters, do you agree CLinton Portis is better then Emmitt Smith was?
FYI, Emmitt had 1241 more yards and 33 more TDs through his first 6 seasons as compared to Portis' first 6 seasons..

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Lawrence Taylor was mean and intimidated the players on the other teams. He is the only Defensive player to win the NFL MVP award as far back as I can remember. Not knocking Ware because he has to be one of the best Defensive players of the current day, but let's not knock LT to make a point about Ware.

superpunk

Reaction score
It's alot tougher to be a dominant pass rusher than it was 20 years ago, IMO, given the offensive advantages nowadays.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I would also say that I bet LT did not play many snaps as DE in the nickel either. Our defense may be a 3-4 and Ware may be called a blitzer but the fact of the matter is that he lines up and takes on the LT 8 out of 10 plays.

Did LT really do that?

I think Ware is the best OLB and the best DE in the league.

LT could not do that.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
All I got to say is I am glad that Ware plays for Dallas. I would take him in any era at any time. He may or may not be better but he produces. And I do not believe anyone can point out a play where Ware did not give 100 percent.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2323560 said:
LT highlight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_auV_Nydvb0&feature=related

Obviously not alot can be said from this, but you're not seeing alot (or any) "highlights" from Lawrence where he's beating two men and still nailing the QB. I fully realize this doesn't prove anything, but look at where Taylor is making his hey in this video - he's beating backs and TEs and tackles 1 on 1, or he's simply running free. He was an amazing player, but the deification is a little much sometimes.

C'mon, even in that video you can see the difference.

P

QuanTran;2323566 said:
I know right. He must have never played Techmo Bowl :)

LT was a beast in that game. Blocking field goals....

LT and Walter Peyton, the greatest Tecmo bowl players of all time.

theogt;2323569 said:
FYI, Emmitt had 1241 more yards and 33 more TDs through his first 6 seasons as compared to Portis' first 6 seasons..

Ok so now the criteria is 6 seasons?

LT had 70.5 sacks after 6 seasons.

Even IF Ware reaches that - or even gets close to it - he still hasn't shown the dominance that LT did back in the day.

Settle down people, it's not like I'm saying Ware sucks. He's the best 3-4 OLB in the NFL today, bar none. You don't have to get your panties in a bunch just cuz he isn't as good as the greatest of all time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
aikemirv;2323585 said:
I would also say that I bet LT did not play many snaps as DE in the nickel either. Our defense may be a 3-4 and Ware may be called a blitzer but the fact of the matter is that he lines up and takes on the LT 8 out of 10 plays.

Did LT really do that?

I think Ware is the best OLB and the best DE in the league.

LT could not do that.

What, you think they took LT off the field when they switched to the Nickel?

People, stop being homers. Ware is great, the best in the NFL today. But he's no LT.

Reaction score
Okay let's look at this logically... Ware is on pace to get 16 sacks (he has a 1 sack per game average), if Ellis and Spencer step their game up and consistantly get to the QB Ware would be freed up to handle business.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2323572 said:
Lawrence Taylor was mean and intimidated the players on the other teams. He is the only Defensive player to win the NFL MVP award as far back as I can remember. Not knocking Ware because he has to be one of the best Defensive players of the current day, but let's not knock LT to make a point about Ware.

That's all I'm trying to say here. People have to feel that we have the best of all time at every position at some point in history or they aren't happy.

Seriously, anyone that thinks Ware is on LT's lvl needs to put down their glass of koolaid.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you're claiming Haley was a great player, you better watch your back. There are several people here at CZ that claim he was average. :rolleyes: