Divisional Round Saturday Game Thread

Gaede

Reaction score
Rockport thinks Dak is better than Jackson I think. He says he’s top 3 and elite, so you’re wrong there. You’d be surprised to see how many would name him better than Wilson, Brees, Jackson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Allen, etc.

Honestly, I never cared about how many yards or TD’s Dak had. I only wanted wins. I want a game where Dak looks competent and consistent. He doesn’t look like that in many games. I’ll give him props for the Vikes and Lions game even though we lost in the Vikes game. He was nowhere near the reason we lost. All these other games he plays a major part in why we lost. Eagles game? Wide open receivers he either overthrew or didn’t see them at all. Bills game? That interception was dumb. Dirt ball to Zeke on 4th down was abysmal. Bears game? Again. Overthrowing everything. Dirt ball to Zeke on 4th down. Lack of communication with Olawale on that one play. Pats game: playing without the glove for half of the game despite playing much better with it in the 2nd half. Must I continue?

Also, you marvel at the 49ers schedule despite us playing the Commanders twice, Giants twice, Dolphins, Lions, Jets (and losing to them). We had the same chance as the 49ers and we blew it. We actually had a higher chance considering we played in a bad division and the 49ers played in a division that actually gave a crap.

I’ll say it again, everyone will see if/when we overpay Dak.

I think you'll find a tiny amount of posters who say Dak is in the elite category. Any who do are just as silly as those who compare him to the bottom third of QBs. But those exceptions do not prove the rule. Dak is a good QB--not great. I have questions about his mental toughness after this year, but zero questions about his aptitude and ability. Is he the prototype? No. Are there better QBs? Definitely. Is he a guy you can win a super bowl with? I believe he is, with the right coaching and defense.

I know we're spoiled by the likes of Aikman and Staubach. Dak isn't one of them. But he is a good player that can win in the league, and he is not a disadvantage you have to coach around like Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No bias there clown. Let's only take 1 season and look at those stats because if we use Daks wins in other seasons it doesn't look good for y'all BS agenda.

No point in reveling in the past. You cherry picked the 2016 season. Why? Because that’s the season Dak started? Why not go back to 2017, when mahomes and Watson entered the league? Why not go back to 2001 when Brady started? That’s just as biased as me picking the 2019 season only, y’know.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone whose last thought before he goes to sleep is about Dak and the first one in the morning is about Dak.

I wish he was the second coming of Staubach, but to obsess over it day after day? Yikes.

Oh, and the Jones Boys are going to extend him. So either come to grips with it or spend several more years being upset about something out of your control.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
40,41...? Let’s take a look back to the best QB’s in the league. Mahomes wasn’t here in 2016, so he doesn’t count for the metric. Garappolo was in NE for 2016. Wasn’t a starter. Got injured in 2018, so he was disqualified. Jackson was a rookie last season, so we can’t count his wins since 2016. Same for Watson. All of these QB’s I listed don’t even get the chance to be compared to Dak since 2016 because of injury, age, or team.

Let’s compare the amount of wins this year since we’re comparing wins, eh? Who has more? Watson. Mahomes. Goff. Wentz. Josh Allen. Cousins. Need I go on?

Just like I thought, you are fake and you have no basis for your argument. AmariChill, cannot prove his argument, so results to avoidance. I asked a simple task, since you like wins, but you failed miserably.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone whose last thought before he goes to sleep is about Dak and the first one in the morning is about Dak.

I wish he was the second coming of Staubach, but to obsess over it day after day? Yikes.

Oh, and the Jones Boys are going to extend him. So either come to grips with it or spend several more years being upset about something out of your control.

Everything about football is out of our control outside of buying tickets and tuning in. What are you on about?

You go really stupid when it comes to Dak.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Just like I thought, you are fake and you have no basis for your argument. AmariChill, cannot prove his argument, so results to avoidance. I asked a simple task, since you like wins, but you failed miserably.

I already stated what I said about wins. I have basis for my argument, you just chose not to listen to it. Ignorance is bliss after all.

I cherry pick 2019 as you claim. So how is it any different when you guys cherry pick 2016? Why can we go all the way back to 2016 instead of going back to to say, 2017? Or 2018? Or 2019? Oh wait. It doesn’t fit YOUR narrative. I get it now.

Dak’s win star for 2019 is 8 wins. Watson? 11. Mahomes? 12. Wentz? 9. Jackson? 14.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Everything about football is out of our control outside of buying tickets and tuning in. What are you on about?

You go really stupid when it comes to Dak.

Coming from you that's a compliment. :muttley:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah. Cowboys stunk as a whole. However, besides turnovers, how the hell does defense and Special Teams stop the offense from scoring? Let’s look at the Packers game. It was 7-3. After the defense trots off the field, why didn’t Dak score? How about after he went 3 and out, the defense allowed another score, Dak failed again to score when offense went back on field, making the score 14-3. Same story when they went 21-3. Where was Dak in between these scoring drives for the Packers? Nowhere to be seen. Same as the Pats game. Same as the Bears game. Same as the Bills game. Same as the 2nd Philly game.
Every some of the best offenses scored less than their average from time to time. You aren't going to score over and over.

You do realize that the beginning of the game is scripted. Its much more on the coach and his piss poor gameplan than the players.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is my first time watching Jackson this year. When Cowboys play, I don't care to watch other teams. I'm pretty excited.

This should be an easy game for the Ravens. I'm hoping Henry makes it competitive.