Divisional Round Saturday Game Thread

Swagger

Reaction score
What about his first three years? The Cowboys as a whole stunk this year, but it was all Dak. Riiiiiiight.

In 2016 we had a Superbowl calibre roster.

The offensive line was the strongest line I have seen from any team over the past five years. It was truly magnificent and would have made Brian Hoyer look like a pro bowler.

Prescott generally struggled in 2017, especially when he couldn't lean on Elliott.

Prescott was ok in 2018, he was so so but if you put Andy Dalton in the same situation over the past four seasons he would have very similar results to Dak Prescott.

Prescott was poor against good teams in 2019. In reality, Prescott did not elevate the team in ANY game to actually win.

Over the four years, I genuinely cannot think of any games that we won where I thought, fair play Prescott really got it done for us. He was the reason why we won against a good team. Even the wins over the Packers and Steelers in 2016 were on Zeke not Prescott. If you want to give Prescott props for handing the ball off and not bobbling the hand off then fair play, I will give you that.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
o_O
3luy31.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The offensive line was the strongest line I have seen from any team over the past five years. It was truly magnificent and would have made Brian Hoyer look like a pro bowler.

Prescott generally struggled in 2017, especially when he couldn't lean on Elliott.

Prescott was ok in 2018, he was so so but if you put Andy Dalton in the same situation over the past four seasons he would have very similar results to Dak Prescott.

Prescott was poor against good teams in 2019. In reality, Prescott did not elevate the team in ANY game to actually win.

Over the four years, I genuinely cannot think of any games that we won where I thought, fair play Prescott really got it done for us. He was the reason why we won against a good team. Even the wins over the Packers and Steelers in 2016 were on Zeke not Prescott. If you want to give Prescott for handing the ball off and not bobbling the hand off then fair play, I will give you that.

All I read was, I hate Dak. I don't like Dak. I loathe Dak, and I will cover it with some bulljive.

starfan1

Reaction score
Hey everyone, remember in the heady afterglow of the Rams win, when more than a few fans on this forum were eagerly awaiting a chance for the Cowboys to "expose" the overrated Niners?

One fan mocked me for saying they were a legit team and said SF doesn't "scare anyone".

Good grief. :lmao:
I wasn’t one of them folks and I’ve only seen the niners a few times this year but they do look solid

Minnesota Oline made them look like 85 bears though something we couldn’t do. I remember the talk leading up to Vikings week how we had hoped DLaw and Quinn could do what the niners did today

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you see Dak in 2017? Early 2018 Dak before he got another WR? Also, I said this once and I’ll say it again. I don’t give a crap about stats. The only stat I care about is winning. And Dak doesn’t step up to the plate in times we need most for this stat. Yards? Who cares. TD’s? Who cares. I could care less about Jackson’s stats. But I look at him play. He’s clutch. He runs when he needs to. Decision making is great. Same for Mahomes. Makes the throw he needs to make more often than not. If they had less TD’s than Dak, I’d still take them over Dak over the simple fact that they make big plays in big games. They make big plays despite now always having elite weapons around them. Mahomes has a bad defense yet he’s still great. Wilson carries his team almost every year. Watson has a bad O-line but still dominates. Dak? Nope. Crumbles at the first sign of pressure. First injury on offense.

How many games has the Cowboys won under Dak, compared to your wonder boys? Since you only care about wins.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Niners going to another championship game and the Cowboys are 24 years and counting.

Grrrrr....:banghead:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Completely disagree. AmariChill is merely highlighting very valid points.

People bang on about Prescott's individual stats and how the offense was ranked #1.

AmariChill has made very valid points in trying to open peoples' eyes.

Prescott and the offense put up 10 points vs the Saints, 22 points vs the Jets, 9 points vs the Patriots, 15 points vs the Bills, 24 points vs the Bears and 9 points vs the Eagles.

Those are truly HORRIFIC numbers given the resources pumped into the offense and how many perennial all-pros we have on the O-Line plus running back in Elliott.

It's embarrassing yet people still bang on about Prescott's stats because he piled them up against the poor teams when they were at their weakest during the season.

OPEN YOUR EYES - don't be so dense people. It's embarrassing.

You are the only one mentioning stats. You and your cohort cherry picking games, only prove your complete bias. This year the Dallas Cowboys stunk, as a whole. You and others keep pointing out stats.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well it's leading the team back because...they actually led the team back to win a few games when behind!

Jimmy G had an excellent game against the Saints and carried the team to victory, Cousins had an excellent games when heavily trailing against the Broncos - Prescott didn't have a game like that this season. That's the difference, a quarterback actually being the main reason why the team won a game.

Prescott did not have any of those games for the Cowboys this season. If we had Andy Dalton we would have still won the same 8 games this season. That's the whole point - Prescott's stats are completely meaningless and a strong indication that they were in garbage time as...they didn't help us score a bunch of points in loads of games or even have a winning record.
Being able to come back and win you must have a defense that gets the ball back or makes stops. I never said Dak hasn't failed in some games cause he has but so has every QB. Dak has a ton of comeback victories in his career but yet you haters never give him credit for it, it's always other players. Y'all sure like to blame him when they lose though. This year the team quit on Garrett. Look at some of these facts that helped contributed to that and than look at 49ers and the Vikings team and compare the difference.

Dallas receivers finished at number 2 in drops this season.

Dallas had the worst special teams in the league.

Dallas had the worst starting field position in the league.

Also Dak has come back but yet it's just garbage time when he does it and other QBs it's leading them back. Look at the Vikings game, before halftime Dak went down the field and score a TD putting Dallas up by 1. The next time he got the ball back he was down by 13, cause the defense gave up a TD going into halftime and gave up another TD on first drive in the 3rd.

About low scoring games, let's not act like 49ers and Vikings didn't lose low scoring games because they did.

My problem is you guys bash Dak but turn around and praise other QBs for the same thing. Brees had 3 straight 7-9 seasons, if Dak did that y'all wouldn't stop bashing him. Brady threw a pick 6 at the end of the game to lose even they were down only 1 point and needing a FG to win, if Dak did that were wouldn't hear the end of it. Y'all have said guys like Brissett and Bridgewater are better than Dak. The hypocrisy from the Dak haters club is astounding. Dak beats the giants and Commanders by double digits and it's a trash team but Wentz barely beats them and y'all praise him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Over the four years, I genuinely cannot think of any games that we won where I thought, fair play Prescott really got it done for us. He was the reason why we won against a good team. Even the wins over the Packers and Steelers in 2016 were on Zeke not Prescott. If you want to give Prescott props for handing the ball off and not bobbling the hand off then fair play, I will give you that.
So last year against Seattle in the playoffs Dak didn't make the big play to win that game when it was 3rd and 16........

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't hate any player on this team.

The point is if we were paying Prescott around $25 million a year then i'm good with that.

As that would be an admission that we have a complete bog standard QB that is just in there to drive the bus and not turn the ball over. In turn it would provide us with the resources to focus on the defensive front seven to win games.

I think the big disconnect with other people on here is that some others regard Prescott as a top 10 or even top 5 QB that should be paid as such, i.e. circa $40 million.

That is where the problems start as it means losing players and not being able to sign a key piece or two on defense to put us in a position to contend for a Superbowl.

We only have to start by looking at the Rams since signing Goff to a contract - they lost pieces including a key piece on their O-Line and he struggled for the majority of the season.

But ok let's just focus on garbage time stats and pay Prescott circa $40 million a year.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
How many games has the Cowboys won under Dak, compared to your wonder boys? Since you only care about wins.

40,41...? Let’s take a look back to the best QB’s in the league. Mahomes wasn’t here in 2016, so he doesn’t count for the metric. Garappolo was in NE for 2016. Wasn’t a starter. Got injured in 2018, so he was disqualified. Jackson was a rookie last season, so we can’t count his wins since 2016. Same for Watson. All of these QB’s I listed don’t even get the chance to be compared to Dak since 2016 because of injury, age, or team.

Let’s compare the amount of wins this year since we’re comparing wins, eh? Who has more? Watson. Mahomes. Goff. Wentz. Josh Allen. Cousins. Need I go on?