DL outing the habitual haters

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't read that as DLaw blaming the fans, he has plenty of quotes saying the players are losing because of their performance.

I read it as "stop tweeting at me like this team is 0-15". But I agree he shouldn't say anything at all. Fans hate when Jerry or Garrett give the "Bull Durham" non-answer boilerplate blah blah but if you try to get too fine with your answers it ends up sounding like this OP from DLaw. Being in the spotlight is usually a no-win situation.

I’m not anti D-law. But he needs to be smarter with how he phrases things.

The fans are ultimately his customers. Trust me, I understand that customers can be a pain in the butt. But you don’t want to call them out in public even if they are complaining. That’s not a smart thing to do.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's an amazing, although disappointing, insight into society today.

I think its just the loudmouth few, society will be just fine. I have a friend that used to run big call centers with thousands of people taking tech support calls, he spent all day putting out fires where an employee had done the dumbest thing imaginable on a recorded call with a customer. When he finished some entertaining story he would always smile and say "Statistically, half the population is below average intelligence".

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence quote. “So all I say is everybody on this team, everybody in this fan base needs to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves: are they really here for the Cowboys or are they really here to just place blame on everyone?”

There are many “fans” on this board who’s sole purpose when they wake up is the later, win lose or draw.
:laugh: at quoting that underachieving, overpaid moron.

This organization hasn't won a SB in a quarter century. It's not fans who need to look in the mirror.

Kaiser

Reaction score

The fans are ultimately his customers. Trust me, I understand that customers can be a pain in the butt. But you don’t want to call them out in public even if they are complaining. That’s not a smart thing to do.

Exactly, if he tries to respond to the worst talk radio caller it will sound like it applies to everyone.

CPanther95

Reaction score

It doesn't take long for Cowboys players to be conditioned to think that Jerry is the one and only customer that matters .

ksadler1

Reaction score
I find Tanks comments so amusing and a fitting end to this embarrassing season. Blaming the fans, he should be ashamed of himself. This whole Cowboys team should be arrested for embezzling money from this organization and their fans. Makes me sick...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I find Tanks comments so amusing and a fitting end to this embarrassing season. Blaming the fans, he should be ashamed of himself. This whole Cowboys team should be arrested for embezzling money from this organization and their fans. Makes me sick...

At this point, I think Jerry Jones is using the Cowboys brand as a money laundering scheme. The players are in on it too. Might be why they are unprepared every other week :omg:. Might also be why they are so ignorant, arrogant, and downright ditzy when it comes to the media and outside noise.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As Parcells said, we are what our record says we are. With the way the players have played, they deserve to be 7-8. Shame with all the talent we are supposed to have, but that's the reality. There are teams with much less talent than this lot has that have won championships. Winning a championship is more than just talent. It also takes heart. This team doesn't have that, and it's comments like this from Tank that solidify why we are 7-8. And, it's comments like this that are a reflection on the coach.

links18

Reaction score
It would be one thing to talk this way if we still controlled our own destiny. We don't. They could go out on Sunday and put together the best game in team history and it might not even matter. We have to root for thr freakin' Giants too. How depressing!

cern

Reaction score
This is the type of pathetic crapp you say when you hold the team hostage for a huge salary, including refusing to get needed surgury, and then blow chunks.

Ohhhhhh, and the irony. Think about what he said. He's refusing to take his part of the blame and snarkily saying everyone is to blame.

Tank. I could respect you if you'd actually say something along the lines of "I screwed up. I should've immediately gotten the surgury, and should've signed a more reasonable contract."
he should just shut his mouth and play.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think its just the loudmouth few, society will be just fine. I have a friend that used to run big call centers with thousands of people taking tech support calls, he spent all day putting out fires where an employee had done the dumbest thing imaginable on a recorded call with a customer. When he finished some entertaining story he would always smile and say "Statistically, half the population is below average intelligence".
That's a great George Carlin quote -
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What an ignorant comment to make. The guy that’s making millions (because of us fans. Without fans, the NFL is nothing) is telling US to look in the mirror?! Seriously, what a joke. This team has to be one of the most arrogant in NFL history.

And it's why I miss Parcells. Can you imagine Tank even THINKING about saying this with Parcells around? He'd be on the bus back home before the words even left his mouth. With Garrett, the players don't know how to be accountable, and they act in such a way that proves they are what their record says they are. And they're too arrogant to realize it.

ShortRound

Reaction score
there are many, like yourself, who steadfastly defend losers just because they play for the cowboys. I don't think that's the intent of the words semper fidelis.

Yeah I root for the team and the uniform. And if there are players and coaches not living up to what I consider the standard we should be displaying, I will call them out.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence quote. “So all I say is everybody on this team, everybody in this fan base needs to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves: are they really here for the Cowboys or are they really here to just place blame on everyone?”

There are many “fans” on this board who’s sole purpose when they wake up is the later, win lose or draw.
Tank has had a really tough year.

Injuries, surgeries, lack of support on the field and on the sidelines with inferior coaching..

he is frustrated as anybody would be.

He needs a full off season to strengthen and get right again.

He like all of us needs stability with the HC situation.

The team has had a big reality check this year and it happens to all teams.

Look at Atlanta. Look at San Diego. Look at Pittsburg. Look at Carolina. These are top teams yearly that have taken a step back trying to move forward. Injuries and questionable coaching has created issues.

Even Cleveland was supposed to burst from the pack and win in 2019.

Nope.

So it happens each year.

You just do not want it to happen to us.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well, 90 and 54 have shown us their true colors for sure.

Ask yourselves what you thought of those two back in August and what you think of them now.

Spoiled little children, both of them, and theres no fixing these two with a coach who demands accountability.

They will both be malcontents and will cripple us cap wise when released.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well, 90 and 54 have shown us their true colors for sure.

Ask yourselves what you thought of those two back in August and what you think of them now.

Spoiled little children, both of them, and theres no fixing these two with a coach who demands accountability.

They will both be malcontents and will cripple us cap wise when released.
Then again, things like this are KEY when it comes to exactly how much Jerry is willing to change.

When he has to do things like cut guys he signed long term itll make him look even worse, and why I'm not sure he gives up much control at all.

If he continues to pay and coddle guys like 54 and 90, we are some deep crap. Very deep.