Dlaw 4-6 month recovery time

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with it. These guys put their bodies on the line every week got to do whats in your best interest to hell with that team stuff when the team will cut you the minute your production slips.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL.

I got to be honest............ I like Lawrence and wanted him back but it rubs me the wrong way that he used his shoulder as leverage and now has possibly put part of the 2019 season in jeopardy because of it.

I am sure other will disagree with me but it just doesn't sit well with me. Hopefully it's a 4 month thing and he's back for some or most of August camp.
Agreed. It's completely selfish and ridiculous to wait.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So give him no credit for playing with the shoulder injury? They are quick to say this is a business, but once players treat it like a business we get mad at them? We could say the front office put 2019 in jeopardy by not singing him. Dont be so quick to attack players when we know the front office and the whole NFL schemes players heavy.
He was not playing last year for free. The Cowboys forked out almost 20 million for him to be on the field. All NFL players play with some kind of injury most of the time!

Sydla

Reaction score
Some folks have been trained to side with management no matter the subject.

I’m sure 90 will be back in time, but is this the same issue Isaiah Stanback had back in the day?

Didn’t he have surgery and have issues with the shoulder still popping out? Or did not ever have the surgery.

LOL.

I am hardly a side with management guy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
LOL.

I got to be honest............ I like Lawrence and wanted him back but it rubs me the wrong way that he used his shoulder as leverage and now has possibly put part of the 2019 season in jeopardy because of it.

I am sure other will disagree with me but it just doesn't sit well with me. Hopefully it's a 4 month thing and he's back for some or most of August camp.
The business side of the NFL exposes the true lack of loyalty between players and ownership. I'm not surprised DLaw waited for his surgery and used it as leverage in contract negotiations. He delayed the surgery to stay on the field in a year where he had no contract to protect him from season ending injury.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with it. These guys put their bodies on the line every week got to do whats in your best interest to hell with that team stuff when the team will cut you the minute your production slips.
Guaranteed 60 mill - whats your point?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFLN just now said 3 month at least. Most I seen was 4 to 6 weeks after surgery, then 4 to 6 weeks for it to gain strength. I do not see it being 6 months. But then again, recovery time for this team does seem to always be longer.
We're still recovering from the Dave Campo years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a professional athlete with a professional medical staff with physical therapists at his disposal will probably recover in less time. I would expect him to be ready to play the first game of the new season. deals are typically centered around the timing aspect of things.

And deadlines are what the Joneses work with on contracts. The deal got done when it did because both sides understand how long he needs to recover, and also that he wasn't going to be used much in the preseason. If not for the shoulder surgery, we'd probably be waiting until June or July for this same deal to be done because of the way the front office works.

Sydla

Reaction score
The business side of the NFL exposes the true lack of loyalty between players and ownership. I'm not surprised DLaw waited for his surgery and used it as leverage in contract negotiations. He delayed the surgery to stay on the field in a year where he had no contract to protect him from season ending injury.

I am not sure what you are trying to say with that last sentence.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some folks have been trained to side with management no matter the subject.

I’m sure 90 will be back in time, but is this the same issue Isaiah Stanback had back in the day?

Didn’t he have surgery and have issues with the shoulder still popping out? Or did not ever have the surgery.

Conversely, some folks side with players no matter the subject. It goes both ways.

It takes two to tango and there's plenty of blame, if that's the right word in this case, to go around. The deal could've been done at least a month earlier.

robbieruff

Reaction score
NFLN just now said 3 month at least. Most I seen was 4 to 6 weeks after surgery, then 4 to 6 weeks for it to gain strength. I do not see it being 6 months. But then again, recovery time for this team does seem to always be longer.
He will be "day2day" for the entire season...I can just see it now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL.

I feel exactly the same way. I think he will recover in time but if not and he misses games and jeopardizes the team then that falls squarely on Tank and Tank alone. He gambled and we still don't know if it will pay off. That definitely rubs me the wrong way.

Falco78

Reaction score
LOL.

I didn't him just because of this crap