Dlaw 4-6 month recovery time

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
it will take a solid 6 months to rehab to the point an nfl player needs. The biggest issue will be if they have to shorten the ac capsule they take and stitch it in the arm pit area. Then every time you put your arms above your head you can feel it pull on the area they stitch it together. It took me over a year to lose that feeling, but I didn't have a NFL styled rehab. I was out of work for 6 weeks.

conner01

Reaction score
I have previously attempted to make some on this website more suitably aware that it might take longer than 3 months for DL to rehab and fully recover. Unfortunately, it fell upon at least some of those with deaf ears. There's more to meets the eye for complete recovery to enable a football player to resume the strenuous return to action that pro football demands. There's a distinct difference between recovery and active pro football readiness.

I'm hoping that DL is able to return for the end of TC and even that might most assuredly be overextending his probable re-entry into the hard rigors of the professional season. I won't be overly surprised if he misses a regular season game or two before his return is enabled. Hopefully, even that's not too much to expect. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it comes any sooner than that but here's hoping it does, anyway. (It always varies with the individual.) ;)
I’ve read so very optimistic return times
I hope they are right but I just don’t see it
I don’t expect him to play till October myself

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL.

I got to be honest............ I like Lawrence and wanted him back but it rubs me the wrong way that he used his shoulder as leverage and now has possibly put part of the 2019 season in jeopardy because of it.

I am sure other will disagree with me but it just doesn't sit well with me. Hopefully it's a 4 month thing and he's back for some or most of August camp.
nope. we sign him and give him millions to potentially miss 3-4 games.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
So give him no credit for playing with the shoulder injury? They are quick to say this is a business, but once players treat it like a business we get mad at them? We could say the front office put 2019 in jeopardy by not singing him. Dont be so quick to attack players when we know the front office and the whole NFL schemes players heavy.

No they didn't. They had the contractual option of franchising him again. He could have signed it and played another year, and he would have been well compensated within the rules of the nfl.

He put a gun to the teams head. If you don't pay me how I want, I will hurt the team. Look at bell and brown, they screwed the steelers over, and stuck it in the face of every other player on that team. These guys don't have to play in the nfl if they feel they are getting mistreated.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’ve read so very optimistic return times
I hope they are right but I just don’t see it
I don’t expect him to play till October myself

Let's just hope D-Law isn't rushed into returning to live-action play before he's completely recovered and football ready. The encouraging part is that the Cowboys have been careful to err on the side of caution in the past. Of course, recovery time varies with the individual. Hopefully, we'll come to see that his return has been handled wisely when the time comes for his return to the field.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So worst case is October per stephen.

That would not be a good start for this team .
Would be tacos time to pusu

He should wait until next Jan/Feb to have the surgery. He will miss all of the OTAs and Camp.

John813

Reaction score
He should wait until next Jan/Feb to have the surgery. He will miss all of the OTAs and Camp.

Yea hoping it's not that severe to miss that much time, but it seems like for him it's just a level of pain management since his best two years have come with the shoulder injury. Unless of course it's a reason why it seems his play drops off as the years goes on.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tough injury especially if the rotator cuff is involved. Retired me from college ball as a Junior, it popped out again after surgery, I said that's it. This was after playing several years with the injury, bracing it up and playing through the pain on every tackle. Your'e not the same player, my shoulder is still not right I'm 45. It's all of 4-6 months recovery.

Im hoping my doctor was a hack 25 years ago and Dlaw has the best in the world, haha

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Tough injury especially if the rotator cuff is involved. Retired me from college ball as a Junior, it popped out again after surgery, I said that's it. This was after playing several years with the injury, bracing it up and playing through the pain on every tackle. Your'e not the same player, my shoulder is still not right I'm 45. It's all of 4-6 months recovery.

Im hoping my doctor was a hack 25 years ago and Dlaw has the best in the world, haha
AWoods had the same surgery in mid January and is already working out on the field

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yea hoping it's not that severe to miss that much time, but it seems like for him it's just a level of pain management since his best two years have come with the shoulder injury. Unless of course it's a reason why it seems his play drops off as the years goes on.
Taco also had surgery for a small labrum tear.... it must be contagious on the DL

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence was on Rich Eisen’s show the day after signing saying he’d be ready for week 1, and that what he is dealing with with the labrum can’t hold a candle to what he went through with the back, fwtw.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He put a gun to the teams head. If you don't pay me how I want, I will hurt the team. Look at bell and brown, they screwed the steelers over, and stuck it in the face of every other player on that team. These guys don't have to play in the nfl if they feel they are getting mistreated.

Same blame should go the the FO. He's had this injury since 2017. If they would have signed him long term it would have been fixed a year ago. I can't blame him for delaying something he could play through without a contract in place. Something goes wrong in surgery, there goes his earning potential.

glimmerman

Reaction score
AWoods had the same surgery in mid January and is already working out on the field
Yes. I think he will be ready for opening day. He may not be back to his form for a few games into the season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

That won't happen. DL is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Delaying it only ensures wasting precious time for a long term solution.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the signing after he decided to use his health as leverage.

It was weird. I would have let him walk.

Hopefully he has a quick and full recovery and shows he was worth it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the signing after he decided to use his health as leverage.

It was weird. I would have let him walk.

Hopefully he has a quick and full recovery and shows he was worth it.
Today is still 3 over months from July 15th or what expected to be the deadline for the deal

I think DLaw realized it was in his and the team's best interest to speed things up and sign the deal so he could get the surgery..... it was a sign of leadership and maturity

I think we will be back for a couple preseason games at worst

cern

Reaction score
I didn't like it but I understood it. Same can be said for the FO approach to tagging him twice.
well said. what's good for the goose is good for the gander. just negotiating 101. can't take it personal.