Twitter: Dlaw: Either ride with us, or get out the way

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Having lived through the 70's (IMHO the greatest era of pro football) and watched how MEN played the game, I am disgusted by how BOYS play the game today. Remember when a teams front 4 on defense played every snap on defense? None of them rotated in and out because they were tired. They just played and played and played. Interestingly too, they made plays, all throughout the game. What happened? Guys are stronger and faster today but they are not TOUGHER mentally or physically. I wish I can erase those memories and watch today's brand of football, because I like most of these members here, would have nothing to compare it too. Maybe then I could see it their way?

Big_D

Reaction score
#LoyaltyGivenWhenEarned

I was OK when he decided to use that surgery as leverage but I am not OK with calling out unhappy fans or any part of any football team HotBoyz. Just shut up and do your job.

Sorry using that surgery as leverage was BS. Something he could've had done in January. And the team still gave him a boatload of money.

Praxit

Reaction score
......the red flag went sky high in Rams game last year. In return, he got a $100 mill Mars bar.

Scary, my fellow Dallas comrades. We know nothing about football.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DLaw smacked you in the face with the facts of your nature and now you want to pout like Baker Mayfield. Why am I not surprised?
I don't know why you're not surprised as I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry using that surgery as leverage was BS. Something he could've had done in January. And the team still gave him a boatload of money.
But I got why he did it and don't fault him for it. Particularly on a team that tries to milk these things out in the media. That boatload of money? They could have given him that in January and he would have had the surgery. His agent was smart and knew they had to build a sense of urgency because the Joneses had none. Biggie, these are people that call a pc just to tell people nothing's going on or has progressed. How oin the hell would you deal with that if you were him or his agent?

From the fan's viewpoint, I agree with how you feel but from the player's I would have done the same thing. Just as I would have if I'd been Elliott. I do try to separate my fan feelings from what if I was that player?

I also think quite a lot of these players, especially the ones in that 2nd contract negotiation, are more influenced by their agents' advice. I recall some here talking about what a crummy agent Elliott's was but I didn't see that after he got his new deal.

Part of this is also on the fans that think a new deal means a new player.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
......the red flag went sky high in Rams game last year. In return, he got a $100 mill Mars bar.

Scary, my fellow Dallas comrades. We know nothing about football.
That's a fact. We really aren't privy to anything that goes on backstage or how these dealings get done but I've seen where some of these owners don't like dealing with certain agents. If I were a player, that would be my short list of potential agents.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Tank,

We would love to be this:
Corbis-42-24062605-7903.jpg

But your play gives us this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp4juSO--h9iEzEkucqhR6Vo9DsJaL21VikANNUKVLMqwtWV5GaQ

CoachD

Reaction score
Prediction Time;

After two pretty bad losses the Cowboys and Jason Garrett find themselves (believe it or not) in a MUST win game this week against the Jets. The Cowboys defense looked absolutely awful last week against the Packers and their no name running back just embarrassed them. So what do the Cowboys need to do to get to 4-2, well how about this, run Zeke the freak! It's time the Cowboys got back to fundamentals and running the ball is a really good start. Now defensively it's really simple, TACKLE but it won't be easy because Leveon Bell is one of the best backs in the league. The good thing about the Jets is they're not very good but will still give the Cowboys all they can handle but so far the Cowboys have been able to beat the teams they're suppose to beat so I'll take the Cowboys in yet another struggle.

Cowboys 27
Jets 23

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes they will. They are pathetic. And it's a testimony to the selfishness of many.
"Give me what I want or I will hate you and desert you."

Such humans are disgusting.

lol You new to the internet? go to any forum, any team, any sport and you’ll find exactly what’s happening here at all of them. Except the Patriots. Those fans have zero room to complain.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Seems like it would be hard to stay hungry when you're young and rich.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
Does Lawrence not realize he hasn't done **** all year besides talk? Dude is all fluff, i swear we have a buch of overpaid frontrunners on this team.

:thumbdown:

Rajveer

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Dlaw that no one is in his way. Not even the offensive line, that is why it is called encroachment.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Where are we riding too Lawrence? 6-10 and no playoffs? You want us to ride with you because you’re one of the biggest reasons this team sucks? No thanks I will walk