DLaw has been the best DE run defender for the past 4/5 years

75boyz

Reaction score
I would simply counter that the "War Daddy" contract he received those 4 to 5 years ago was for getting sacks on the QB.
Not pressures, hurries or run defense.

Thank God for Micah, lol.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Complete player.........all too often you have Dline players more concerned about sacks or splash plays.

BTW......here is his contract
I can't tell if he's a free agent after this season or still under contract but w/o any G'teed money.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/

It’s a shame he doesn’t get more recognition. His position is just all about the sacks and he doesn’t rack them up anymore bc he’s not as quick but still solid against the run.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You won’t find a rookie or a young player with his skill set. There’s just no emphasis on stopping the run in development it’s all about pass rush moves
I don't disagree. I'm just saying if you offered me rookie Byron Young straight up for Lawrence, I'd take it because of the difference in age, contract, etc., although it might actually set us back some because of the things that Lawrence does for this defense. The benefits of having a young player under contract with a lot of growth potential would outweigh the losses.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Complete player.........all too often you have Dline players more concerned about sacks or splash plays.

BTW......here is his contract
I can't tell if he's a free agent after this season or still under contract but w/o any G'teed money.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/

Seriously you cant read his contract breakdown but you can judge he is a complete player ?

Gets manhandled on a regular basis by tackles. Can win only against TEs. Misses tackle on a regular basis in the open field. Is only effective when surrounded by superior talent.

Guy is medicore and way overpaid.

But whats worse this guy has ono of the worst characters. He is a cancer for our locker room. He is only interessted in celling his Brand.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Seriously you cant read his contract breakdown but you can judge he is a complete player ?

Gets manhandled on a regular basis by tackles. Can win only against TEs. Misses tackle on a regular basis in the open field. Is only effective when surrounded by superior talent.

But whats worse this guy has ono of the worst characters. He is a cancer for our locker room. He is only interessted in celling his Brand.
Evidence?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one is trading for that salary. That is not DLaw's fault.
Do we even know his salary? I think people are thinking of the 100 million dollar deal he signed.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or trolling.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just stop, you have no clue what you're talking about........you do know he was nominated for this year's Walter Payton Man of the Year award.

1942willys

Reaction score
He's paid to be a team defensive end and to hold position JUST what he does. Like in San Francisco and what their line does. Does anyone pay attention and understand differences. Pass rushing is a strength and the secondary is hard to abuse. The run defense is affected by safeties instead of top shelf linebackers. Our top linebacker is used on the defensive line...

Nothing will happen to Lawrence until he no longer produces. He is a key to run defense and pass rush on the Quinn defense. Wake up all not paying attention.
Got news for you
Highly Paid DE's rush the passer
His salary has gotten better over the last few years but YES he was overpaid
You can try and deflect and all that but strictly run playing DE's are NOT highly paid like he has been

1942willys

Reaction score
Just stop, you have no clue what you're talking about........you do know he was nominated for this year's Walter Payton Man of the Year award.
you might look at some of the nominees over the years
Though DL is from all accounts a real good guy
Not his fault Jerry was stupid on his contract

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I'm just saying if you offered me rookie Byron Young straight up for Lawrence, I'd take it because of the difference in age, contract, etc., although it might actually set us back some because of the things that Lawrence does for this defense. The benefits of having a young player under contract with a lot of growth potential would outweigh the losses.
If you got rid of Dlaw could we handle the running games of either the Eagles or the 49ers? Or the Rams from a few years back?

Adreme

Reaction score
If you got rid of Dlaw could we handle the running games of either the Eagles or the 49ers? Or the Rams from a few years back?
Considering they could not stop the run the past 3 years against the 49ers as is, I somehow doubt they could getting worse.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sarcasm...right?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Got news for you
Highly Paid DE's rush the passer
His salary has gotten better over the last few years but YES he was overpaid
You can try and deflect and all that but strictly run playing DE's are NOT highly paid like he has been
Not over paid and still a top 10 defensive end by position. Just along side of Parsons in consistently shown skill set.

You make up a pissy story, MAKE IT UP, to talk crap and look like a homie from the hood. Post some facts from a source outside of your own mumblings. Clean it up or just shut up...yea, you present nothing of value but attitude. A BAD ONE!

Either that or learn enough real application in the sport. Listen to what football is offered or remain a pittiful, naive, and young bias. Now, run away quickly and hide from really being challenged.

What is his salary and what are the terms of his present contract. Provide it.

He is currently on the industry list to be chosen for the Pro Bowl list from Dallas. Provide a list to that list to the contrary. I have provided previous posts on those very topics...do the work to find them or provide from a published source.

Take a look at the current stats on sacks for the Dallas Cowboys. How many sacks do Parsons and Lawrence have at present? You don't have enough discussion skills to include names or numbers.

It's all about sack numbers? Wrong. This defense is designed to reinforce strength of the defensive front. If not, Parsons would be top 2 or 3 in sacks for the NFL.

Get some insight and information beyond a cherry picked for a run by terrorist plan of attack. Who the hell are you to begin with?

Step up to the plate, just joined tosser...how much will the Cowboys win by on Sunday? Then why?:popcorn::muttley:

Different Strokes had Gary Coleman, who was know for saying, 'What you talkin' about, Willis?'

The Army had a Willis jeep who's wheel base was so narrow, if it took a cross slope direction on a hillside too strongly, it would topple over and kill occupants....rolling down the hill. Wake up, Son.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would simply counter that the "War Daddy" contract he received those 4 to 5 years ago was for getting sacks on the QB.
Not pressures, hurries or run defense.

Thank God for Micah, lol.
What you talk about was not under Mike McCarthy and the design of the current defense is since he arrived. The Defensive Coordinator loves having Lawrence in his group and starts him each and every game. Group production is the key...and Lawrence helps in pass rush and run defense strongly.

Some of you newbies need to handle some of the actual football discussion and not just something to use to chunk with...that resembles the ethics of a terrorist. Now that is a prideful source to be a fan and show really enriching ethics in the technique. Sit up nights dreaming about the UN and a Lombardi?

Me, I'm a Cowboys fan and proud also!! :starspin: :popcorn:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
He is parsons Greg Ellis. Dosent show up on the stat sheet but he allows other to shine! Dudes been an anchor to this defense and dosent get much recognition. He's been solid and a work horse at DE! Glad to have him....minus the hot boysP stuff

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sarcasm...right?
Not even a good example...maybe an appeal to the Supreme Court for a 'gag' order...not a defendent when being judged?

Cowboys defensive line will show up strongly against the Eagles...now, THAT is justice!