DLaw laying down DLaw

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the kid will rebound from such a tragedy.
no one here is stating its a tragedy. As for me, I am simply saying, why act like an *** at all? Why not take 10 seconds and be kind, sign it...and move on? Why be a tool to a kid? Do not overlook how athletes can affect young men and women. THEY DO. While its not a life or death thing, its certainly bad optics and could have been handled better. It was shameful.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're absolutely nuts dude.. lol It's really not that serious. :facepalm:

Aaron Rodgers blew off signing an autograph for an actual Packers fan that had cancer, now that's messed up.

The fact that you're so up in arms and replying to everyone shows more about yourself if anything. Children around the world are dying from starvation, disease, & cancer, but you wanna cry about some kid not getting a signature? People need to stop being so entitled and realise not getting an autograph isn't the end of the world.
Only in this website are the majority happy D-Law acted like a jerk towards a rival team's child fan who emphatically seeked D-Law's autograph. Very sad and says a lot about what roams in here. You would be so proud? Not surprised at all. Speaks volumes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ask ourselves a question. What was gained by DLaw behaving this way? Now...another question, what was lost? I can answer the 2nd question. He lost respect from a young man that just wanted to see a pro player for 10 seconds. That same kid will talk to all his friends and family about this...in turn, THEY will talk...and on and on. IT MATTERS. A little good will would have been well served.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Roger started a trend at training camp that Troy continued, as long as there was a kid waiting they stayed out and signed autographs.

That said, every player has the right to do whatever he wants to do regarding autographs and some people won't sign any because they can't sign them all. Personally, I have never understood the whole autograph thing.

Good thing I am not a celebrity for autograph hounds, with my handwriting, they wouldn't know whether to put it in their collection or try to get it filled at the pharmacy.
Not true. I went to more than a few training camps in Wichita Falls, and Cowboys staff would hand out tickets to kids to get Troy's autograph. There were a limited amount of tickets, and not every kid got one. They had a private area that had a 4 foot chain link fence where the kids went in to get the autograph. I have the pictures to prove it, because both of my sons got one.

On the other hand, two of the best autograph givers at T.C. were Dave Campo and Darren Woodson. Both were really class act people. Darren not only stayed until giving EVERYONE an autograph, but he also stayed to chat and take pictures with everyone that wanted to. Mind you, that was easily a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours AFTER busting his butt practicing in 100 degree humid heat. That's the kind of guy you want your kids to look up to :thumbup:.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So, the people that took it this far to attack D Law with injury wishes and death threats, really believe that they are morally in a better place that D Law is for not signing a kids towel or jersey. :rolleyes:

Those wishing D-Law injury or death definitely are other teams' fans. Certainly you must realize this?

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're absolutely nuts dude.. lol It's really not that serious. :facepalm:

Aaron Rodgers blew off signing an autograph for an actual Packers fan that had cancer, now that's messed up.

The fact that you're so up in arms and replying to everyone shows more about yourself if anything. Children around the world are dying from starvation, disease, & cancer, but you wanna cry about some kid not getting a signature? People need to stop being so entitled and realise not getting an autograph isn't the end of the world.
Everyone knows Rodgers is a D-bag. The A-Hole wouldn't even check to see if his own mother was ok when her community burned down. It doesn't make one a better D-bag just because what he did isn't perceived as bad or worse than what the other guy did. A D-bag is still a D-bag.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I was there and actually saw this ... there were a lot of players who didn’t sign anything .. Dak ... zeke signed 1 I think .... a lot of players didn’t sign anything but for some reason they feel Demarcus should be the one highlighted .
Thank you for providing more insight to the holier than thou among us.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
That kid's parents should be asking themselves why they set their little gnats fan up to fail.

& I come from the old school. I'm very familiar with the "classy" days of old.

I also see zero issue with not providing a money grab for an overzealous parent.

Good day. Love y'all.

jnday

Reaction score
DON'T CARE if the kid had Devil horns , adults do not belittle kids , period. This is a right and wrong kinda deal...its simply shouldn't be done, EVER...under any scenario.Even if the parents put him up to it. DOES NOT MATTER. Hope the young man doesn't fill his heart with meanness after this. We are suppose to be good stewards. What he did was totally vile.
30 seconds and an autograph could have made this kid a Cowboy’s fan for life. Talking smack to a kid is not cool in any way.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This was a stupid move by DLaw. There will be a cost associated with this and DLaw will pay it. Right about now, if his agent is worth a tin of dried up crap, he will be hammering Lawrence for pulling such a stupid PR blunder. But think about that for just a second........

This will only be important, in terms of monetary effects. The actual act of being a good and caring human being is purely secondary. This is what Pro Sport is in today's world. This is why you don't raise your kids to worship Athletes or Performers. Now, not saying that all of them are ****** bags but what I am saying is that you can't determine which are and which aren't so teach your kids. Teach them that their role models should not be athletes are Hollywood or music artists or anybody really who gets paid for sending a message. More importantly, and I can't stress this strongly enough, if you know that their role models should be people who love them and care about them, namely their parents, then don't be arsehats about it. Take it serious and be good role models for your children.

OK, time for lunch......

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That kid's parents should be asking themselves why they set their little gnats fan up to fail.

& I come from the old school. I'm very familiar with the "classy" days of old.

I also see zero issue with not providing a money grab for an overzealous parent.

Good day. Love y'all.
You're still with the "providing a money grab for an overzealous parent" agenda even though you've got absolutely no proof, Bleu? You have to resort to such a lie in order to cover up for creating a thread to cover up for D-Law being a jerk to a child just because he wears the Star on his helmet? :huh:

You really blew this one, Bleu. :facepalm:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You're still with the "providing a money grab for an overzealous parent" agenda even though you've got absolutely no proof, Bleu? You have to resort to such a lie in order to cover up for creating a thread to cover up for D-Law being a jerk to a child just because he wears the Star on his helmet? :huh:

You really blew this one, Bleu. :facepalm:

giphy.gif