DMN Blog: Bradie "One loss is no big deal"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One loss is no big deal

12:23 PM Mon, Sep 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

LB/captain Bradie James wanted to make sure that the Valley Ranch media horde understood that.

For some reason, James got the sense that folks around these parts were ready to push the blue-and-silver panic button. He made it clear that the sky-is-falling scenario isn't unfolding in the locker room.

"For us, it's no big deal," James said. "What I mean by that is we have more games to play. This is not the end."

James got a little miffed when a reporter mentioned that the Cowboys were considered the NFL's best team until Sunday's loss. He informed us that such rankings were meaningless (breaking news, huh?) and made the point that the Cowboys can still accomplish all their goals.

"I don't want to go undefeated," James said. "I want to win the games that count."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
it's not big deal except for the fact that 4 out of our last 5 losses have been to NFC East opponents.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I think Bradie should shut the hell up. This isn't about panic with me, it's about beating the teams you're supposed to beat. It's about defending your turf within the division. It's about winning the rivalries that exist.

Most importantly, its about knowing what you're apart of. You're not flipping hamburgers, playing for the Dallas Cowboys and a lot of ****ing people care about it.

superpunk

Reaction score
To Bradie James, losing one game is not a big deal.

However, tackling Santana Moss two yards beyond the LOS is a huge ****ing deal.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2296048 said:
I think Bradie should shut the hell up. This isn't about panic with me, it's about beating the teams you're supposed to beat. It's about defending your turf within the division. It's about winning the rivalries that exist.

Most importantly, its about knowing what you're apart of. You're not flipping hamburgers, playing for the Dallas Cowboys and a lot of ****ing people care about it.

I wonder if they took a weeks paycheck from James if it would be "No big deal."

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
nyc;2296048 said:

:laugh2: Calm down man, I'm worried about you a little. :D

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Newsflash to James, all games count. And any player who says that losing is no big deal --- well, that player has a losing mentality and is part of the problem. We don't need players who think that losing is no big deal.

ddh33

Reaction score
I know McMahon really likes to slant things, and I think I understand what Bradie was trying to say...

But I don't like the leadership on this team, and I don't like that attitude.

hendog

Reaction score
That's the problem with this team right there in a nutshell.

Losing against your most hated rival in the last game you'll ever play them in such a historic stadium should be a much bigger deal to the team than to the fans but it doesn't seem to be.

This team lacks passion and intensity. You ever watch the Tenn. Titans play defense? That's what I want our D to play like. Smothering, ferocious, intimidating, determined.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you were wanting them to say we suck and call it a season like so many of our Oh So Loyal fans have done than your pretty crazy.

Dallas is good. They know that. Why would they be worried?

Im sure adjustments will be made but these guys aren't questioning their abilities and after one loss in the NFL they have every right not to.

Guess what? They will lose another. Still a good team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bradie needs to sack a QB at least once before he thinks he is the captain of this defense...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2296060 said:
I wonder if they took a weeks paycheck from James if it would be "No big deal."

No one on that defense earned their pay yesterday.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Oh wow. So it's not a big deal? Someone should really tell the fans that there is no reason to root for the Cowboys anymore, since it makes no difference whether they win or lose.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, that confirms everything. Thanks Bradie for saying a loss against the Skins is "no big deal".

I'm sure Staubach/Lilly/Aikman/Irvin/etc would've said the same thing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2296035 said:
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/09/one-loss-is-no-big-deal.htmlJames got a little miffed when a reporter mentioned that the Cowboys were considered the NFL's best team until Sunday's loss. He informed us that such rankings were meaningless (breaking news, huh?) and made the point that the Cowboys can still accomplish all their goals.
I made the same point and it caused a hissy. ;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2296092 said:
No one on that defense earned their pay yesterday.

Ratliff sure did, he's the only one that plays like his butt is on fire every play.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things Bradie is right this loss is no big deal. Losing to the Commanders does not disqualify us from the playoffs, it does not make us ineligible for the superbowl. It was just a loss it has no effect on the goals of the Dallas Cowboys

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
khiladi;2296087 said:
Bradie needs to sack a QB at least once before he thinks he is the captain of this defense...

Or maybe just stop celebrating like he just made a game changing tackle, that netted positive yards. I can understand getting fired up if you have a loss on the play, but...