DMN Blog: Bradie "One loss is no big deal"

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
We're a good team. This loss is nowhere near debilitating.

But c'mon. Are you telling me that there's ANY Commanders/Eagles/Giants players who'd legitimately say there's "no big deal" losing to their most hated rival on their home turf in the LAST home game against that team in Texas Stadium?

Sure Bradie, win the games that matter. But sometimes if you can't get up for games like these, I have a feeling you won't necessarily get up for the games that DO matter.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbailey423;2296044 said:
it's not big deal except for the fact that 4 out of our last 5 losses have been to NFC East opponents.

That is a deceiving 4 out of 5.

The last 2 NFC east games from last regular season we didnt need or desire to win.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;2296057 said:
To Bradie James, losing one game is not a big deal.

However, tackling Santana Moss two yards beyond the LOS is a huge ****ing deal.

:laugh2:

This is why I say that Bradie isn't that smart. It's not that he's a total idiot; I don't mean that. But I've heard him say some really strange things in interviews, not all of which made the papers.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2296759 said:
That is a deceiving 4 out of 5.

The last 2 NFC east games from last regular season we didnt need or desire to win.

Uhh, we hadn't clinched HFA by the time the Eagles game rolled around.

Yeah, the game at Washington didn't matter, but hte Eagles game did.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
hendog;2296071 said:
That's the problem with this team right there in a nutshell.

Losing against your most hated rival in the last game you'll ever play them in such a historic stadium should be a much bigger deal to the team than to the fans but it doesn't seem to be.

This team lacks passion and intensity. You ever watch the Tenn. Titans play defense? That's what I want our D to play like. Smothering, ferocious, intimidating, determined.

:hammer: Hey Bradie, the next big play you make will be your first...until then shut your piehole!!! I am so tired of this guy running his trap as a leader then when it is game day he is totally invisible...Leaders make plays and change games....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2296035 said:
One loss is no big deal

12:23 PM Mon, Sep 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

LB/captain Bradie James wanted to make sure that the Valley Ranch media horde understood that.

For some reason, James got the sense that folks around these parts were ready to push the blue-and-silver panic button. He made it clear that the sky-is-falling scenario isn't unfolding in the locker room.

"For us, it's no big deal," James said. "What I mean by that is we have more games to play. This is not the end."

James got a little miffed when a reporter mentioned that the Cowboys were considered the NFL's best team until Sunday's loss. He informed us that such rankings were meaningless (breaking news, huh?) and made the point that the Cowboys can still accomplish all their goals.

"I don't want to go undefeated," James said. "I want to win the games that count."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Such loser comments

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
"I don't want to go undefeated," James said. "I want to win the games that count."

Geeze don't games against division opponents count? I never knew they didn't.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2296760 said:
:laugh2:

This is why I say that Bradie isn't that smart. It's not that he's a total idiot; I don't mean that. But I've heard him say some really strange things in interviews, not all of which made the papers.
it's not that he's wrong, it just needs to stay in his head. It's hard to hear him say stuff like that after the game, while in the game he's dancing around after dropping Santana for a 2-3 yard gain. It was just as awful watching Miles celebrate after he scored to, not take the lead, but be down by three.

It was like watching AB all over again - not that I think they're at all the same, it was just a stupid celebration.

yimyammer

Reaction score
"For us, it's no big deal," James said

and there enlies the problem..........

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
yimyammer;2296814 said:
"For us, it's no big deal," James said

and there enlies the problem..........

Those six words are what immortalized him in my .sig.

James, :yousuck:

JPM

Reaction score
superpunk;2296788 said:
It was just as awful watching Miles celebrate after he scored to, not take the lead, but be down by two.
That really burned my butt, I have no idea why he did that.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Scary thought: Bardie James is one of the leaders on this defense.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
nyc;2296048 said:
I think Bradie should shut the hell up. This isn't about panic with me, it's about beating the teams you're supposed to beat. It's about defending your turf within the division. It's about winning the rivalries that exist.

Most importantly, its about knowing what you're apart of. You're not flipping hamburgers, playing for the Dallas Cowboys and a lot of ****ing people care about it.

Hahahahaha. You cant be serious. Yeah, us fans care more about the Cowboys then the players do. Us fans care more about winning rivalry games than the players do. Get real.

This is actually the best way to approach this. You cant live in the past. They lost, so what, move on and prepare for your future opponents. Would it be better if he were to dwell on it and not let it go? No. He's right. It's one loss (although winning division games at home is HUGE) the team will recover and be fine. Like he said, it's winning the games that count that matter. That would be playoff games.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
btw sorry nyc to single you out, it appears everyone is hating on Bradie for his comments.

Sorry, but it isn't a big deal. There's a long season left and it's not like they cant still get home field advantage. This team knows they will make the playoffs and untill then, no loss is going to sting this bunch too bad.

Settle down people.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
superpunk;2296788 said:
It was just as awful watching Miles celebrate after he scored to, not take the lead, but be down by three.

Perhaps he has a bonus clause in his contract for how many TDs he catches, and he's now one TD closer to that new car that he wants to buy.

:rolleyes: