DMN Blog: Bradie "One loss is no big deal"

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ninja;2297366 said:
Maybe Wade's first impression was right. Maybe we don't have a middle linebacker.

Maybe even that idiot Kitna was right and knew who to attack.

Maybe the quicker we replace Bradie James, the better.
We don't. He's a mediocre player who fancies himself a pro-bowler.

Soft players like James have plagued this franchise for a decade. He's exhibit #1 (or perhaps #2, behind Ellis) of why this team folds each year when the games start to matter.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2296892 said:
Perhaps he has a bonus clause in his contract for how many TDs he catches, and he's now one TD closer to that new car that he wants to buy.

:rolleyes:

and if he didn't show emotion, you would say he didn't care

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SteveOS;2296122 said:
Or maybe just stop celebrating like he just made a game changing tackle, that netted positive yards. I can understand getting fired up if you have a loss on the play, but...

:lmao: I know right!!!!!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Until James realizes that EVERY game is a BIG DEAL and EVERY game COUNTS, he has no business being a LEADER on this team.

Like Crayton, just shut up and PLAY.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
not a big deal?

NOT A BIG DEAL?!

let me show you something, and I don't think you're gonna like it

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defending Miles Austin here. Give the guy a break. He hasn't been in the end zone often and he was excited and happy. If we had come back to win, that Austin TD would've been a main reason why. He was celebrating that fact.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Do you guys expect him to start crying and say he's devastated about the loss? Of course he cares, but why let anybody see any weakness. He's played enough to know you can't win them all, and that's all that is. Besides, he doesn't need anybody on this board to care if he's the leader. It's the players and coaches that are actually out there to make that decision. Man, people are looking for anything when we are on pace to be 12-4.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I always cringe when I see a thread titled "Blog: James says..." I don't necessarily dislike James as a player. I think he's alright. But I don't like him being our defensive mouthpiece. He just has a way of saying things that makes me think, "Hmm. That's why our defense always folds."

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2298127 said:
I always cringe when I see a thread titled "Blog: James says..." I don't necessarily dislike James as a player. I think he's alright. But I don't like him being our defensive mouthpiece. He just has a way of saying things that makes me think, "Hmm. That's why our defense always folds."

And TO gets slammed when he happens to say stuff...:bang2:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2298044 said:
Defending Miles Austin here. Give the guy a break. He hasn't been in the end zone often and he was excited and happy. If we had come back to win, that Austin TD would've been a main reason why. He was celebrating that fact.

I thought the Austin celebration was a tad odd, but didn't find it that self serving. I mean, it was a fairly big TD and meant we were probably going to win if we recovered that onside kick. He had a right to be pretty pumped. It wasn't Antonio Bryant dunking the ball down 30 points.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298131 said:
And TO gets slammed when he happens to say stuff...:bang2:

What does TO have to do with this?

I'm talking about James' history as a whole. Him yapping about how he's a Pro Bowl player (he's not). Among other things. No joke -- every time I see a DMN blog with James' name in the title, I cringe. Like I said, I think a lot of his answers provide some insight into why our defense is so soft.

I'm a TO fan, but there's no wonder why he gets blasted. He's undoubteldy a team player on the field -- he hustles, blocks, etc -- despite the yapping for the ball (which all receivers do). But off it, you rarely hear him just talk about a loss from a team standpoint. He discusses his need to get the ball more, talks about his goals as being "I want to prove my haters wrong," etc. Generally, I take it for what it is because you know what you're getting with TO. But he goes overboard sometimes, which is when the problems start to arise with him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2298135 said:
What does TO have to do with this?

I'm talking about James' history as a whole. Him yapping about how he's a Pro Bowl player (he's not). Among other things. No joke -- every time I see a DMN blog with James' name in the title, I cringe. Like I said, I think a lot of his answers provide some insight into why our defense is so soft.

I'm a TO fan, but there's no wonder why he gets blasted. He's undoubteldy a team player on the field -- he hustles, blocks, etc -- despite the yapping for the ball (which all receivers do). But off it, you rarely hear him just talk about a loss from a team standpoint. He discusses his need to get the ball more, talks about his goals as being "I want to prove my haters wrong," etc. Generally, I take it for what it is because you know what you're getting with TO. But he goes overboard sometimes, which is when the problems start to arise with him.

Remember last year when he started trash talking Jon Kitna to the media.

All he had to do was put Kitna's snide comments about him the year before on the team's BB wall, hence firing them up for the game. He does it "in house", and the team focuses and goes on their business.

But when he publicly made a big deal about it, on came the distractions from the national sports media, and then Newman started following suit with his trash talking of Kitna. Next thing we knew, Lions players started getting upset, and used them as motivation.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298146 said:
Remember last year when he started trash talking Jon Kitna to the media.

All he had to do was put Kitna's snide comments about him the year before on the team's BB wall, hence firing them up for the game. He does it "in house", and the team focuses and goes on their business.

But when he publicly made a big deal about it, on came the distractions from the national sports media, and then Newman started following suit with his trash talking of Kitna. Next thing we knew, Lions players started getting upset, and used them as motivation.

Spot on, my friend. Spot on. James seems like a nice enough fella, but also seems like a guy who likes seeing his quotes in the headline. I'd be fine with that if he were able to back it up. But he never does. He's like a defensive Patrick Crayton.

And you hit on something else about us that ticks me off. We're always somehow providing other teams bulletin board material. Yet other teams are constantly railing on us. Why don't our guys rally around that? Instead, they blab about how offended they are, only to offend the opponent and have their own comments backfire on them. It's just odd.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2298154 said:
Spot on, my friend. Spot on. James seems like a nice enough fella, but also seems like a guy who likes seeing his quotes in the headline. I'd be fine with that if he were able to back it up. But he never does. He's like a defensive Patrick Crayton.

And you hit on something else about us that ticks me off. We're always somehow providing other teams bulletin board material. Yet other teams are constantly railing on us. Why don't our guys rally around that? Instead, they blab about how offended they are, only to offend the opponent and have their own comments backfire on them. It's just odd.

While Kitna went overboard with his "number 54" comment, he really didn't say anything bad. He's a former Hawk who played with Holmgren years ago, and all he was doing was analyzing the Boys/Hawks playoff game. I believe he even was teammates with Marcus Trufant at the time, which was why he gave his Trufant/Newman analysis at the time.

At the same time, you begin to wonder if our players are a bit insensitive. Maybe that's why they don't play well in Dec?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298163 said:
While Kitna went overboard with his "number 54" comment, he really didn't say anything bad. He's a former Hawk who played with Holmgren years ago, and all he was doing was analyzing the Boys/Hawks playoff game. I believe he even was teammates with Marcus Trufant at the time, which was why he gave his Trufant/Newman analysis at the time.

At the same time, you begin to wonder if our players are a bit insensitive. Maybe that's why they don't play well in Dec?

Sensitive, soft -- you name it.

Imagine Kitna saying that about Ray Lewis. How would he have responded? Lewis would have made a somewhat snarky comment through the media, and then smash Kitna, probably ending his season.

Bradie James just lets his talking do the talking.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2298166 said:
Sensitive, soft -- you name it.

Imagine Kitna saying that about Ray Lewis. How would he have responded? Lewis would have made a somewhat snarky comment through the media, and then smash Kitna, probably ending his season.

Bradie James just lets his talking do the talking.

You know what's odd? (T)eam (O)bliviator is only one of the few players who has heart and passion on the team. I've seen times where he's trying to fire up his teammates on the sidelines, but they don't respond.

khiladi

Reaction score
This may have been the last game against the Commanders in Texas Stadium, and this was no big deal? Is it not a big deal to fans who pay plenty of money to watch you not even sniff the QB Bradie?