DMN Blog: Campo at the Ranch

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Campo at the Ranch

12:11 PM Mon, Jan 28, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Jacksonville Jaguars assistant head coach Dave Campo has arrived at Valley Ranch, and is spending the day interviewing with the coaching staff about the vacant secondary coach position.

Campo was granted permission on Friday to speak with the Cowboys, after Jacksonville hired Donnie Henderson, who expected to coach the secondary that Campo oversaw last season.

Even if a decision is made, an announcement may not come until after the Super Bowl, as clubs typically delay those things in deference to the league's big show. But Campo's arrival in Texas would seem to be a strong sign of interest on both sides.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (2) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fozzie.jpg

He's Back!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
So we're going from one of the better secondary coaches in the NFL, Todd Bowles, to this...

Pollyanna.jpg

Can someone explain to me what happened with Dennis Thurman?!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1930156 said:
So we're going from one of the better secondary coaches in the NFL, Todd Bowles, to this...
Pollyanna he may be, but I think he'll be solid as a secondary coach. But it's not done til it's done.

He's still under contract with the Ravens and I believe they let it be known they weren't going to give permission for interview requests.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1930156 said:

Pollyanna.jpg

when did campo become a bum as an assistant?

superpunk

Reaction score
http://i32.***BLOCKED***/albums/d2/superpunk2884/onoz.gif

whatever...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh well, I can't have everything. There's nowhere to put it.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
jerruh's tranformation back to the dark side is near complete.

but whatever... it's not like our secondary could be any worse and clearly last year our schemes were so bad and play so inept we can't be worse (plus will have a shutdown corner back at full health hopefully)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
good news as a friend of mine know Coach Campo and we used to get tickets to at least one game per year.....maybe?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Obviously it would be a first in Cowboy history...but I wonder if it's happened elsewhere before.

That a former HC comes back to his former team years later as a position coach.

Anyone?

Eddie

Reaction score
Has this ever happened in the history of the NFL before? A former HC comes back to the same team as a position coach?

This is really sad.

Duane

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1930197 said:
Obviously it would be a first in Cowboy history...but I wonder if it's happened elsewhere before.

That a former HC comes back to his former team years later as a position coach.

Anyone?

Someone else pointed out Gunther Cunningham with the Chiefs.

Woods

Reaction score
Well, if Thurman and Gray are still under contract . . . . and we can't speak to them . . . . Campo is a very good alternative.

Frankly said, do you guys really think he's going to be worse than Bowles?

I would think given Campo's experience as a DC and Secondary coach he could be regarded as AT LEAST as qualified as Bowles.

Yhea, and I don't want him as a HC . . . . I think there is a <0% probability of that happening.

jwhardin

Reaction score
Look how great the secondary has played under Bowles at the worst under Campo it will be status quo. I am quite sure if they could have got Thomas. Thurman or Gray they would have.

burmafrd

Reaction score
All we need now is for Jerrah to bring back lacewell as head of scouting and the Dark Side has completely triumphed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to say that this hire has me the least excited out of all the possibilities I've seen mentioned.

Seems like the classic 4th choice to me.

And considering that secondary has been the team's weakest link the past several years, that concerns me.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Todd Bowles might have been the worst position coach we had....can you name one player that really improved under his tutelage? So anything is an improvement in my opinion.