DMN Blog: Campo at the Ranch

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
wileedog;1931748 said:
You think they were just born that way then?
I guess ol' Dave is a lot more influential than anyone thought if he could shape both Roy's personality in one out of six years as his coach and Flo's on the opposite side of the ball from him.

Yes, I do think they were born that way. Ellis was probably fretting in his crib.
Why do you trade veterans for draft picks?

Upside.

I don't prescribe to the theory that because he presided over an extremely talented secondary over a decade ago that he is anything special as a coach. He's proven he is no more than a secondary coach and never will be, and perhaps he is a slightly above average journeyman at that.

Why settle for the known mediocre when you can put a young guy with upside in place there and then couple him with a proven vet like Capers to help him along?

And even form a sheer PR perspective, why put the very Poster Child that symbolized the absolute rock bottom of a decade of failure back on the team in any capacity?

You can have Fat Freddie Kitchens and Vincent Brown. I'll take the proven successful professional coaches.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wileedog;1931722 said:
He's part of the coaching staff. His leadership attributes - or lack thereof - matter. Even middle management has an effect on the team.

Even if its only the secondary that gets to go to Sea World now.
Yet he did not negatively impact the Cowboys when he was on staff in the 90s.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wow. I never thought a thread about a poodle would get so long. I guess we have an abundance of dog lovers on the board too.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1932199 said:
Wow. I never thought a thread about a poodle would get so long. I guess we have an abundance of dog lovers on the board too.
No, but we do like secondary coaches that produce top 10 pass defenses.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
windward;1932201 said:
No, but we do like secondary coaches that produce top 10 pass defenses.

They had better get him some groceries if he plans on keeping that streak alive.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Great hire. Now let's just get Switzer to coach LB's and Coslet as Garrett's OC.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bach;1932742 said:
Great hire. Now let's just get Switzer to coach LB's and Coslet as Garrett's OC.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/broken-record-766245.jpg

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1932750 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/broken-record-766245.jpg

That would make a nice, fitting sig for you. :)