DMN Blog: Crayton explains Cowboys' road success

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
November 11, 2007
Crayton explains Cowboys' road success

The Cowboys won their eighth consecutive road game, the second-best such streak in franchise history. WR Patrick Crayton, fresh off a five-catch, 66-yard, one-TD performance, explained why the Cowboys whup so much [rear] on the road.

"We love playing on the road," Crayton said. "One, because you love coming into another man's home. It's kinda like an invasion.

"We're kinda like big dogs, with what we're trying to do. We're trying to come in, urinate a little bit, and mark our territory."

And I thought that it was just the Jersey air that smelled so funky.

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 7:57 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (1)

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1759104 said:
November 11, 2007
Crayton explains Cowboys' road success

The Cowboys won their eighth consecutive road game, the second-best such streak in franchise history. WR Patrick Crayton, fresh off a five-catch, 66-yard, one-TD performance, explained why the Cowboys whup so much [rear] on the road.

"We love playing on the road," Crayton said. "One, because you love coming into another man's home. It's kinda like an invasion.

"We're kinda like big dogs, with what we're trying to do. We're trying to come in, urinate a little bit, and mark our territory."

And I thought that it was just the Jersey air that smelled so funky.

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 7:57 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (1)

:lmao2:

That was pretty funny, but im still wondering why Crayton has become so talkative lately. :confused:

DMOB

Reaction score
jrumann59;1759110 said:
Has crayton been hanging around joey Porter?
I'm not sure, its kind of annoying. He needs to just zip it and play. He's not that good.........YET!!!

STSINAZ

Reaction score
crayton needs to shutup and play ball...we dont want teams gearing up for us anymore than they already are. All this talk is nonsense.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess Crayton has just been waiting for a chance to run his mouth since he came into the league. If it wasn't for Glenn's injury, Crayton wouldn't be sought out so much by the media, I guess.

Nav22

Reaction score
Man...

Imagine if somebody told you before the season that the WR on this team that would have the most absurd quotes that would have you shaking your head on a regular basis would be Patrick Crayton... and not T.O.

How would you react?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I think some of you guys should congratulate Crayton, instead of telling him to shut-up, alot of you said that he should do the talking on the field, and he did plenty today

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
STSINAZ;1759119 said:
crayton needs to shutup and play ball...we dont want teams gearing up for us anymore than they already are. All this talk is nonsense.

Although it was a funny comment and it was probably building up because the Giants had been running their heads this week but I agree with you overall, teams are motivated enough to play against us as it is.

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1759132 said:
I think some of you guys should congratulate Crayton, instead of telling him to shut-up, alot of you said that he should do the talking on the field, and he did plenty today

Finally somebody says that. I swear alot of you guys need to lighten up. Its just football. Damn! And atleast he is talking after games instead of before games for bulletin board material.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1759132 said:

I agree with that as well, I just hope comments don't come back to bite us, like it does with all of our opponents this year that have talked smack at us before games.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SuperCows5Xs;1759146 said:
I agree with that as well, I just hope comments don't come back to bite us, like it does with all of our opponents this year that have talked smack at us before games.
Well this came after the fact, so maybe it won't come back too hard.

It's funny to hear some of the comments after such mild smack talk. We've got a team so full of nice guys and PCers that when one of the speaks out with real talk, he gets a ton of backlash.

I think it's a nice change, personally...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Nav22;1759129 said:
Man...

Imagine if somebody told you before the season that the WR on this team that would have the most absurd quotes that would have you shaking your head on a regular basis would be Patrick Crayton... and not T.O.

How would you react?

See ... Owens is a cancer, and it has spread to Crayton.

Little Jr

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1759119 said:

I've seen nothing wrong with anything he has said this year. I really dont know if any team can get more pumped up to play us. If we werent winning I would have a issue with it. I actually like the fact it's Crayton and not T.O. or any other big name on the team. I dont think teams pay much attention to him compared to T.O. or another big name player. Plus he had a pretty good game today.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
No problem with Crayton running his mouth a little bit. He was obviously fired up for this game, backed it up on the field and didn't hold the ball like a kitty this week. We're rolling on offense and he's a big part of it. Nice to see him playing like the WR2 I always hoped he'd become.

links18

Reaction score
Crayton needs to chill a little. That stunt he pulled on the TD was not wise. He needs to just run it in. What if he dropped the ball before it crossed the plane? Not to mention possibly getting the Jints riled up. Not wise Crayton.... he is contributing though which makes it tolerable.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
I finally saw Crayton's comments on TV and it really wasn't a big deal, he was just tryin' to be alittle funny with the reporters in the locker room. It wasn't some BIG declaration.