DMN Blog: T.O.'s talk with D. Sanders didn't change the game plan... taunts JJT

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4:19 PM Sun, Nov 23, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

T.O. explained why he wasn't happy with Cowboys' offensive system during a nationally televised talk with Deion Sanders. Tony Romo wisecracked that Deion must have had loyalty to the Niners this week. But those complaints didn't affect the game plan against the 49ers.

"Not at all," Jerry Jones said. "I would venture to say that nothing that was said or shown during the week made any difference relative to the plays that were called and the game plan. But you did see the way that San Francisco's defense was playing him, and you saw a quarterback and receiver on the same page making those adjustments."

Added Jason Garrett, who would know even better than Jerry: "Terrell understands that it's a team game. He understands that he's a big part of what we try to do on offense. Obviously, we got a chance to see that today."

T.O. acknowledged that they didn't change the offense for him this week. And he definitely wasn't complaining about not being involved after catching seven passes for 212 yards and a TD.

"They unleashed me," T.O. said with a megawatt smile to wrap up his postgame press conference.

Of course, it helps to have Romo buying extra time and throwing pinpoint deep balls. And, for some reason, the 49ers played precious little press coverage despite T.O. struggling to beat jams all season.

So there's no need for T.O. to take Deion's advice and slip play suggestions under the door of the coaches' offices, at least as long as the opponent lets him have a free release.

Comments (4) Leave comment | E-mail entry

T.O. does a little taunting

4:55 PM Sun, Nov 23, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

As T.O. stepped up to the podium after the game, he peered down at a local columnist who had written that the Original 81 might be washed up.

"Oh, so I ain't got it no more, huh?" T.O. said with a smirk. "I ain't got it?"

The columnist, who handled the ribbing well, will remain anonymous (unless you click on the above link).

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (14) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JJT must not watch the games. Of course when you get writer's block you can just throw some stuff about TO out there at any time.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congratulations T.O.

1:20 PM Sun, Nov 23, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

The petulant receiver ended his string of 13 consecutive games without a 100-yard performance in the first half of today's game against San Francisco.

He caught three passes for 128 yards and a touchdown. He has receptions of 75 and 45 yards.

Riddle me this: Why in the world haven't the 49ers jammed him. Apparently, Mike Singletary and defensive coordiantor Greg Manusky aren't as smart as I thought. Just for the record, it takes more than one game to change my mind.

Comments (3) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2438302 said:
Congratulations T.O.

The petulant receiver ended his string of 13 consecutive games without a 100-yard performance in the first half of today's game against San Francisco.

He caught three passes for 128 yards and a touchdown. He has receptions of 75 and 45 yards.

Riddle me this: Why in the world haven't the 49ers jammed him. Apparently, Mike Singletary and defensive coordiantor Greg Manusky aren't as smart as I thought. Just for the record, it takes more than one game to change my mind.

Yeah, thats true though. Not sure Whiners didn't jam him at all, but didn't seem like they double teamed a whole lot. But I think big difference was that Romo bought time, which got TO free on those big gains.

And I think going forward, it will be hard to double team Owens, if Roy Williams is out there and Witten in the middle. Thats why Felix is a big loss, since this team would almost be impossible to defend, if Romo is on, if Felix still was playing.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'll take a Terrell Owens who "hasn't got it anymore" over the Patrick Craytons and Miles Austins of the world any day.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Terrell Owens with Tony Romo this season:

17.4 YPC, 76 YPG

Terrell Owens without Tony Romo this season:

8.3 YPC, 33.3 YPG

Yup, it was Terrell that lost it.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah JJT, a receiver who has CLEARLY LOST A STEP just had the second highest yardage total game of his entire career, which included 3 plays of 40+ yards.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
JJT: "Just for the record, it takes more than one game to change my mind."

Fortunely for the CowboyZone it only took 1 or 2 artcles by JJT for us to figure out he is NOT a football guy.

Heck, he's barely a writer these days.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
People think all you need to do to stop TO is jam him. It's not just jam him, it's safety help over the top. This jam him to stop him is another one of those media perpetrated myths that repetitively gets stated by its minions in order to enforce something non-factual as truth.

tunahelper

Reaction score
More excuses from JJT, aka Bozo the writer.

Why isnt he standing up in writing stating the obivous? He was wrong!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2438422 said:
People think all you need to do to stop TO is jam him. It's not just jam him, it's safety help over the top. This jam him to stop him is another one of those media perpetrated myths that repetitively gets stated by its minions in order to enforce something non-factual as truth.

Yep that is true. Its also true, thats it wasn't the scheme but Terrel not beating those Double coverages and also Garrett not being creative to put him on move. Which he is doing now though.

Its just that Terrel whines to media, instead of whining to the coaches and keeping it inhouse. But JJT is correct in the sense, you have to take rest of the games into account to see if Terrell can get open consistantly.

YOu don't change your mind by one game. At the same time, I see Terrel getting open a lot, as long as Roy WIlliams is there to be a threat.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2438302 said:
Congratulations T.O.

hahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha

JJT reads here but he won't this week because he knows he is a tool and will be called on his nonsense.

T.O. isn't the greatest Wr to ever walk the earth but the guy is still very, very good and to claim he was washed up was hilarious.

When you get proven that wrong nothing you can do but man up and admit it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2438434 said:
Yep that is true. Its also true, thats it wasn't the scheme but Terrel not beating those Double coverages and also Garrett not being creative to put him on move. Which he is doing now though.

Its just that Terrel whines to media, instead of whining to the coaches and keeping it inhouse. But JJT is correct in the sense, you have to take rest of the games into account to see if Terrell can get open consistantly.

YOu don't change your mind by one game. At the same time, I see Terrel getting open a lot, as long as Roy WIlliams is there to be a threat.

It takes time to beat double-teams and we didnt have any time. The OL was banged up and playing poorly while our QB was out. It's not like T.O. started sucking and everyone else just carried on....

This whole thing JJT proposed is just moronic. With a 75% Romo and solid but not great OL, T.O. is going to do plenty of damage.

Anyone arguing the guy who had the best statistical season by a Cowboys WR ever last year is washed up one year later is just clinically insane.

The irony is JTT's solution was to go to RW more. RW who has not excelled here as of yet and looks like a quite solid and dangerous role player but not the elite #1 WR T.O. has proven to be since he showed up as a kid in San Fran.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
jterrell;2438458 said:
It takes time to beat double-teams and we didnt have any time. The OL was banged up and playing poorly while our QB was out. It's not like T.O. started sucking and everyone else just carried on....

This whole thing JJT proposed is just moronic. With a 75% Romo and solid but not great OL, T.O. is going to do plenty of damage.

Anyone arguing the guy who had the best statistical season by a Cowboys WR ever last year is washed up one year later is just clinically insane.

The irony is JTT's solution was to go to RW more. RW who has not excelled here as of yet and looks like a quite solid and dangerous role player but not the elite #1 WR T.O. has proven to be since he showed up as a kid in San Fran.

But to be fair, it wasn't just JJT saying that. He wrote about it, but local Talk radio here several have been saying that. Or hypothesizing that he might have lost it or backend of his career, due to his lack of production.

But those are all fair points you make, and I have been thinking the same thing, except that I get annoyed by TO's whining and never taking blame for some of his drops or when he is out played. Oh well, anyway, I do hope he keeps this up. I still don't like the guy though, but just like Deion, he makes plays.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2438434 said:

A good and sensible post.

The 49ers, inexplicably, didn't jam Owens nor did it play him with a safety over the top. And T.O. aint lost that much that he's not going to beat that type of coverage.

But let's see when we get to the tough part of our schedule, having to play teams like the Steelers, Ravens and Giants. The 49ers aren't exactly the measuring stick for whether you've lost a step.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JJT is just sulking, as usual. He opened his mouth, inserted his foot, and is now being forced to eat it and he doesn't like it.

khiladi

Reaction score
jterrell;2438458 said:

Exactly... It takes time to beat double-teams and when your also running vertical routes, the problem is compounded, especially when your offensive line is crapping... It doesn't necessarily mean TO isn't getting open...

Hell, even TO pointed out in his press conference, as long as Tony Romo is given time he will make plays...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Which was exactly why I was so glad to see Romo return to the Romo of old, sliding around, moving about, and buying himself some time so he could find Owens for bigger plays.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
jterrell;2438458 said:

:hammer:
That's what I've been thinking all along. You can see on the replays that it takes time to beat the double team and our QB simply hasn't had time to let that develop. How that translates into "TO is washed up" is beyond me.