DMN Blog: TO speaks out

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482602 said:
No only some of you think he doesn't lie.
He was innocent in SF and Philly according to him.
Id say he lies. Was he 100% at fault? Probably not.

Didn't the Broncos want him that year as well? Didn't Miami have a trade deal in the works?(until Rickey Williams got busted again, that is)

*sigh* I wish he went there instead.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482614 said:
Didn't the Broncos want him that year as well? Didn't Miami have a trade deal in the works?(until Rickey Williams got busted again, that is)

*sigh* I wish he went there instead.

I wish he was any where but here. I wish he was still with the Eagles, this stuff would cause McNabb to melt down totally.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482628 said:
Your reading comprehension skills suck.

As does your ability to understand facts...

You never addressed Jayson Blair, was he railroaded too?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Like I said-good thing about losses is that this board meltdown leads to dozens upon dozens of these same threads...b/c of that, I got my post count WAY up! Could I reach 5K before Sun's game?

With that being said-I'm going for an exercise, and will be back in 30! :)

Ender

Reaction score
This is funny, so if the cowboys call a meeting all of a sudden they some how end up on ESPN. Wow, seems like it was just a meeting. This is ridiculous. This is why i do not watch ESPN

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I'm a little perplexed by this criticism that Romo "isn't seeing the entire field." Is the criticism only directed at his last game, which clearly was not his best, or is it directed at his overall play?

If the criticism is directed at Romo's overall play, it's preposterous, in my opinion. After barely two seasons as starter, Romo already has the record for most 300 yards passing games in Cowboy history. His career numbers thus far are phenomenal, and he's on pace to be the most prolific passer in Cowboy history. With Romo throwing the ball, TO and Witten have been two of the most productive players at their position over the past two years.

I completely understand the criticisms of Romo's play in December. However, I don't understand the accusation that he isn't seeing the field. Quarterbacks do not enjoy Romo's level of success if they are unable to see the entire field.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482628 said:
Your reading comprehension skills suck.

Actually, yours do. Let's see, Owens asked Bradie James about the comments in the article. Oh, and he denied everything Werder reported.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2482658 said:
Actually, yours do. Let's see, Owens asked Bradie James about the comments in the article. Oh, and he denied everything Werder reported.

Be careful Jordan, he happens to know that reporters never lie, spin or concoct.

They are truly beacons of integrity.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482633 said:
As does your ability to understand facts...

You never addressed Jayson Blair, was he railroaded too?

Blair made up people, places and events, not telephone sources. Everything that came out of TO's mouth confirmed Werder's bombshell report, save for the "jealousy" angle--but TO, who has every inventive to lie, would never cop to that anyway. Long story short: Prima donna TO *****ed about Tony behind his back, this somehow got out, and the damage was done. All that's left is spin and denial, two of your strengths. If Werder's a fantasist, the burden's on you to prove so.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2482648 said:
I'm a little perplexed by this criticism that Romo "isn't seeing the entire field."

Romo has major weapons.

• 2 #1 WR's
  • 1 maybe 2 ALL STAR TE's
  • A really good stable of Running backs
and yet he is struggling to get the ball to them.

This has to be resolved.

Blame anyone... blame everyone... but before its too late - LETS GET THIS FIXED.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482664 said:
Blair made up people, places and events, not telephone sources. Everything that came out of TO's mouth confirmed Werder's bombshell report, save for the "jealousy" angle--but TO, who has every inventive to lie, would never cop to that anyway. Long story short: Prima donna TO *****ed about Tony behind his back, this somehow got out, and the damage was done. All that's left is spin and denial, two of your strong points. If Werder's a fantasist, the burden's on you to prove so.

Uh...what parts of Werder's "bombshell report" did he confirm?

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;2482497 said:
Ah OK... So Craytong and Roy Williams don't have minds of their own... Interesting...

khiladi;2482560 said:
How does that mean they don't have a mind of their own?.....
Your whole argument that hey don't have a mind of their own is BS...

No Khaladi, that was your argument. If all you got from my original post was that Crayton and RWII don't have a mind of their own, then you missed the whole point. Mine was that people here should realize that this is nothing new for TO. He's thrown every other QB he's played for under the bus. If anything, Owens could have learned from his past (and failed) QB experiences and rallied the team instead of dividing it. The reality is that Romo has thrown Owens more TD's in the past couple of years than any QB/WR combo and he's still not satisfied. But somewhere here in Cowboyland, Owens' inability to beat the jam, properly run his routes, get open and consistently catch the ball is somehow everyone elses fault, including the OC, the HC, the QB and the TE. If he's truly an elite WR, then he needs to act like it.

And let me ask some of you this; if TO didn't want to go to Romo because of how some might view it, what exactly did he expect JG to do? Play intermediary? Tell Romo to throw the ball to these guys more because they're upset? And would Romo send the message back through the OC to the WR's? This is absolutely childish.

Givincer

Reaction score
YoMick;2482666 said:
Romo has major weapons.

• 2 #1 WR's
  • 1 maybe 2 ALL STAR TE's
  • A really good stable of Running backs
and yet he is struggling to get the ball to them.

This has to be resolved.

Blame anyone... blame everyone... but before its too late - LETS GET THIS FIXED.

What do you mean he's having trouble getting the ball to them?

Aside from last game, he's played exceptionally well this season.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482664 said:
Blair made up people, places and events, not telephone sources. Everything that came out of TO's mouth confirmed Werder's bombshell report, save for the "jealousy" angle--but TO, who has every inventive to lie, would never cop to that anyway. Long story short: Prima donna TO *****ed about Tony behind his back, this somehow got out, and the damage was done. All that's left is spin and denial, two of your strong points. If Werder's a fantasist, the burden's on you to prove so.

"save for the "jealousy" angle"..... Hahahahahahahahaha

What other point is there?....LOL

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482671 said:
No Khaladi, that was your argument. If all you got from my original post was that Crayton and RWII don't have a mind of their own, then you missed the whole point. Mine was that people here should realize that this is nothing new for TO. He's thrown every other QB he's played for under the bus. If anything, Owens could have learned from his past (and failed) QB experiences and rallied the team instead of dividing it. The reality is that Romo has thrown Owens more TD's in the past couple of years than any QB/WR combo and he's still not satisfied. But somewhere here in Cowboyland, Owens' inability to beat the jam, properly run his routes, get open and consistently catch the ball is somehow everyone elses fault, including the OC, the HC, the QB and the TE. If he's truly an elite WR, then he needs to act like it.

And let me ask some of you this; if TO didn't want to go to Romo because of how some might view it, what exactly did he expect JG to do? Play intermediary? Tell Romo to throw the ball to these guys more because they're upset? And would Romo send the message back through the OC to the WR's? This is absolutely childish.

By any chance, did you know that when we play the Eagles, he's always hanging out at their hotel here in Dallas?

I'm surprised Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie allows a former player who destroyed their '05 season into their hotel to hang out with their players.

Personally, I'm getting suspicious.