DMN Blog: TO speaks out

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2482668 said:
Uh...what parts of Werder's "bombshell report" did he confirm?

Um, everything. With a self-serving, pro-TO spin of course.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
YoMick;2482666 said:
Romo has major weapons.
  • 2 #1 WR's
  • 1 maybe 2 ALL STAR TE's
  • A really good stable of Running backs
and yet he is struggling to get the ball to them.

This has to be resolved.

Blame anyone... blame everyone... but before its too late - LETS GET THIS FIXED.

Are you arguing that Romo has "struggled seeing the entire field" throughout his career?

Because that doesn't seem possible given the type of career he's enjoyed thus far. And he certainly wasn't having any problems with distribution against Seattle and San Fransisco.

Is it possible that Romo, just like every other quarterback in this league, had a bad game?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482675 said:
"save for the "jealousy" angle"..... Hahahahahahahahaha

What other point is there?....LOL

Ha! The "jealousy" angle was the most trivial aspect of all. Keep your eye on the ball (i.e. dissension in the ranks, TO up to his old tricks, and an insurrection by the wideouts ).

Randy White

Reaction score
bbgun;2482664 said:
Blair made up people, places and events, not telephone sources.

Actually, Blair made up sources too, which is why he got busted in the first place. His fact checkers couldn't find them.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482689 said:
Ha! The "jealousy" angle was the most trivial aspect of all. Keep your eye on the ball (i.e. dissension in the ranks, TO up to his old tricks, and an insurrection by the wideouts ).

LOL

Pathetic...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482694 said:
LOL

Pathetic...

Any mirrors in your home? Or should I say trailer?

Again, kudos to Mr. Werder for some excellent reporting.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482676 said:
By any chance, did you know that when we play the Eagles, he's always hanging out at their hotel here in Dallas?

I'm surprised Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie allows a former player who destroyed their '05 season into their hotel to hang out with their players.

Personally, I'm getting suspicious.

Why would that surprise me and what's your point? In Philly, the locker room fratured over the whole TO vs McNabb incident. I'm sure some of his team mates agreed with him and therein lies the problem (ie: split locker room).

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482711 said:
Why would that surprise me and what's your point? In Philly, the locker room fratured over the whole TO vs McNabb incident. I'm sure some of his team mates agreed with him and therein lies the problem (ie: split locker room).

Uhhmmm...my point was that why would Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie allow him in their hotel to hang out with their players? Yeah-I know Owens splits locker rooms and the teams' fan base...but that wasn't my point. If I were Reid, I would keep him off limits to my team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Givincer;2482672 said:
What do you mean he's having trouble getting the ball to them?

Aside from last game, he's played exceptionally well this season.

He has played well, but he should be finding Roy and Patrick more often instead of throwing to guys who are not open. Overall, I have no complaints with Romo. He usually does a very good job of spreading the ball around, but in that Pitt game, he was telegraphing passes, especially the second INT meant for Owens deep in Dallas territory. Earlier in the season, he seemed to be going through his progressions better. I want that Romo back.

Randy White

Reaction score
are not made up. I don't doubt them. I also don't doubt that they're gutless and/or powerless.

They're gutless to confront T.O. with the complaints they're giving to Werder and they're powerless to go to any coach or even Jerrah because they're probably 2 bit players or players who know they're not going to be in the franchise for very long.

:starspin

Cali'sFinest

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2482439 said:
i agree, on that that last play in pitt romo tried to hit witten while crayton was wide open in front of him. :banghead:
People on here complain about Romo forcing balls to TO but no one is gonna say a word about Romo forcing balls to choir boy Witten. I guess it's OKAY because it's...Jason Witten.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cali'sFinest;2482732 said:
People on here complain about Romo forcing balls to TO but no one is gonna say a word about Romo forcing balls to choir boy Witten. I guess it's OKAY because it's...Jason Witten.

That's correct. The smell of double standard permeates the air.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482719 said:
Uhhmmm...my point was that why would Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie allow him in their hotel to hang out with their players? Yeah-I know Owens splits locker rooms and the teams' fan base...but that wasn't my point. If I were Reid, I would keep him off limits to my team.

What could Laurie and Reid do to keep TO from visiting a player in a hotel if he was invited? Do you also think McNabb or Garcia were one of the players he routinely visited?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482756 said:
What could Laurie and Reid do to keep TO from visiting a player in a hotel if he was invited? Do you also think McNabb or Garcia were one of the players he routinely visited?

Well-he would visit their receivers like Reggie Brown and LJ Smith-doesn't McNabb work with them the most? He also hung out with Jeremiah Trotter, who happened to be one of their team captains. And for that matter too, doesn't McNabb stay in that same hotel, or does he go out at nightclubs here instead?

Like I said-Reid should know his players have no business playing around with him in front of their team prior to game day. It's alot like letting a convicted child molester teach kindergarten.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2482532 said:
Or it could mean that that while they're cool teammates, they don't hang together off the field.

That's not what I was referring to.

I was referring to the idea that the situation he didn't want to have happen may happen because he just spelled it out.

He didn't want to go to Romo because of his past, but not because he didn't want to tell him that he wasn't doing what he's supposed to do.

If I am Romo then I say well maybe I should go to Jason Garrett because I didn't want to go to T.O. and tell him that I want T.O. to start catching all the passes I throw him and to stop quiting on routes.

In the scenario T.O. paints he is perfect and Romo isn't.

I doubt you will get that scenario from Romo ever.

Once again T.O. should have just never picked up the phone because we all know these comments can be misconstrued and turned into anything people want them to be.

You don't think reporters were calling Romo and Witten tonight?

I don't see them doing any interviews.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cali'sFinest;2482732 said:

Perfect example, some how Witten has become the villain in all this. Priceless

Boysboy

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2482841 said:
Perfect example, some how Witten has become the villain in all this. Priceless

Noone's making Witten the villain. I've noticed it myself where he locks onto Witten more than he should(i.e. the Buffalo game last year).

Pt being that this whole "They're force-feeding it into TO too much" is a myth.

This is not a knock on Romo-just saying he needs to take what the D gives him more.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482476 said:
How many quarterbacks does TO have to throw under the bus to make some of you realize that maybe it's him and not Romo that's the real problem. And the worst part is that now he's got RWII and Crayton in on his act. The reality is that, sooner or later, stuff like this will eventually lead to a split and fractured locker room.

go somewhere else with that crap