DMN Blog: TO speaks out

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
theogt;2482420 said:
Bottom line is, they're right. Tony needs to spread the ball around. It opens things up if he can get as many people involved as possible. You could see guys running wide open in the Pitt game when Tony would try throwing into double and triple coverage. I chalk it up to just a bad game, so maybe going to the OC about it is over the top. But if it's not corrected, it's a major problem.

It's funny how SOME people can't understand that.

Just watch the _amn games!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theogt;2482420 said:
Bottom line is, they're right. Tony needs to spread the ball around. It opens things up if he can get as many people involved as possible. You could see guys running wide open in the Pitt game when Tony would try throwing into double and triple coverage. I chalk it up to just a bad game, so maybe going to the OC about it is over the top. But if it's not corrected, it's a major problem.

Thats all we fans want.

Thats all this team needs.

There is a reason why Tony is getting hit more and having less success. Teams are focusing in on him. He has to hit the open man.

If we could get that going. We will be VERY HARD TO BEAT.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
So Tony comes back, followed by a ****load of points against Frisco and Seattle, and all it takes is one bad game in Pittsburgh for these *******s to go crying to Garrett about their touches? I just love their priorities.

arync

Reaction score
He seldom talks to Romo? I thought this was the worst part of this whole controversy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
bbgun;2483201 said:
So Tony comes back, followed by a ****load of points against Frisco and Seattle, and all it takes is one bad game in Pittsburgh for these *******s to go crying to Garrett about their touches? I just love their priorities.

Good point. Sunday night should be interesting.

Reaction score
Nav22;2482440 said:
I love Romo and I love Witten...

But I have noticed that when times get tough (as they were in the Steelers game), Romo occasionally will zone in on Witten. Now that's not always a bad thing, as both players are total studs who usually have great chemistry with one another... but it's usually your best bet to keep spreading the ball around and find the open guy, rather than trying to "look" a receiver open like Tony occasionally does.

He does this too much and defensive coordinators know this...

Ask Dick Lebeau.

arync

Reaction score
He seldom talks to Romo? I thought this was the worst part of this whole controversy.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2483376 said:
He does this too much and defensive coordinators know this...

Ask Dick Lebeau.

Ask him what? Two of Romo's picks came when he zoned in on Owens and didnt look anywhere else.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2482425 said:
per Spags

per FWST C. Hill

Should be interesting at practice tomorrow.
What would Spags and Clarence Hill know really? [/sarcasm off]

The invented hysteria is going to utterly fail. Except with the fans already buying it hook, line, and sinker.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hostile;2483421 said:
Except with the fans already buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Quite a few of those in this very thread.

Posters who's post I usually enjoy reading quite a bit.

I guess an agenda is hard to let go of when things are going bad.

superpunk

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but it is looking like the writing is on the wall. Eagles fans stuck their head in the sand, too. But there were problems between TO and Donovan well before things really blew up, because TO didn't think Donovan was giving him the best chance to shine.

No QB is ever good enough for TO, at least not forever.

I hope I'm wrong, but when your #1 WR and your franchise QB are not talking, then chances are there's a problem. TO said the same thing about he and Donovan's "business relationship" near the end in Philly.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow...this story has really blown up since I was on yesterday. Now we have about 10 topics about this one thing.

Reaction score
dbair1967;2483391 said:
Ask him what? Two of Romo's picks came when he zoned in on Owens and didnt look anywhere else.

And its T.O's fault for poor throws?

Not trying to defend T.O but be realistic man.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2482702 said:
Any mirrors in your home? Or should I say trailer?

Again, kudos to Mr. Werder for some excellent reporting.

I don't live in a trailer but I would never marginalize the people who do with out knowing them or use their residence as an insult.

You're more than just a little arrogant, huh?

Wood

Reaction score
I knew the story would blow up when it involved teamates...that means this mess is spreading just like it did in Philly. I believe Hugh Douglas had enough toughness and went after TO in the locker room. The question now is....what Cowboy players has the toughness to confront TO in-house.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2483452 said:
I knew the story would blow up when it involved teamates...that means this mess is spreading just like it did in Philly. I believe Hugh Douglas had enough toughness and went after TO in the locker room. The question now is....what Cowboy players has the toughness to confront TO in-house.

Knowing how Douglas got his *** kicked may preclude any repeat "toughness".

But it's a stupid point, this "incident" is only in the minds of people like you who live to whine and complain.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Two things here. Jason not being a hard-nosed, shut up and do your job kind of coach left him approachable and things can be handled on a professional level.

Ed Weder is a two-faced, back stabbing, mental midget with an agenda that, by my opinion, is grounds for termination and black-balled from professional sports. ALL of them. His actions are inexcuseable on any level. What a complete self-absorbed, pre-madonna wanna be.