News: DMN: Cowboys' Tony Romo re-injures shoulder, could be done for season

lostar2009

Reaction score
Didn't take long for almost everyone to turn on Romo

Can't wait for 10 years of not finding a QB.

Turn on Romo? Are you serious? There re is life after Romo just like Troy and Staubach.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Romo is magic, like we know he is, and he had to carry Garrett, but couldn't get it done, and one argues we need to draft a QB, how are we going to find a guy better than Romo to carry Garrett?

Jerry needs to get rid of Garrett first or at minimum the offense and make him get the F out the way...

JS22

Reaction score
Turn on Romo? Are you serious? There re is life after Romo just like Troy and Staubach.

And life after Quincy Carter, and Chad Hutchinson, and Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe, and the countless backups / projects that never panned out.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
I'm no doctor, but how many of you guys think Romo was brought back a week or two too early? We know that the Cowboys had no room for error with the record they had when Romo came back last week against Miami. Could it be that since the NFCEAST has no clear leading team and the possibility of Romo coming back a week or two earlier than he should and putting the Cowboys in a position of winning the division by winning a string of remaining games was worth the gamble?

The sack that knocked him out didn't seem to be a hard enough hit to wreck his clavicle if it was completely healed. He was brought back too early. I really feel for the guy. Wanting to carry the team on his back like he has done many times before and wanting to make a final push in a division that may have a 8-8 division champ represent in the playoffs. In this era of salary cap/free agency injuries are a really crushing blow since most teams have no depth to overcome it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If Romo is magic, like we know he is, and he had to carry Garrett, but couldn't get it done, and one argues we need to draft a QB, how are we going to find a guy better than Romo to carry Garrett?

Jerry needs to get rid of Garrett first or at minimum the offense and make him get the F out the way...

I wish I had enough money to overpay and buy the Dallas Cowboys from the jones family.
3 billion.

I love Jerry and his financial success. But he and Stephen are a joke.
Team will never win a super bowl with that family ever again.

VoR

Reaction score
And life after Quincy Carter, and Chad Hutchinson, and Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe, and the countless backups / projects that never panned out.

Yeah, that's life in the NFL. Get used to it.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
Yeah, that's life in the NFL. Get used to it.

and that really sucks. QB's for the most part are not playing pro-style offenses in college anymore, so development takes longer as QB's are drafted in the NFL. In this era it's win quick/develop quick or he's a bust. If you look at the last 10 years (since 2006) there has only been one QB drafted that fits the mold of a prolific passer and that's Andrew Luck. That is pathetic! The odds of getting a great QB have never been this low in the years I have watch the NFL. It's a league of mediocrity. We are heading into the dark ages of quality QB play my friends.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If/when Romo had to get injured again, now was a good time. It would hurt the team worse if this happened in week 15 or 16. At least, we are staring at good draft picks instead of middle of the pack. This is about the only silver lining that I could muster.

Don't screw it up Cassel and win some games by accident.......we don't need it now :(

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Blessing in disguise. We won't win another game. Get a top 3 pick. Find the QB for the future. And we should fire this while incompetent staff and move on. Last year was such an outlier in Garrett's career here. He's a joke.

John813

Reaction score
Don't think he hangs it up next year.

Think we'll draft some one but he'll come back next year for that chance to go out on top.

coult44

Reaction score
There isn't a single QB worth that pick right now. Not from what I've watched. All projects.

Anyone know how the TCU kid is? I haven't watched him so I don't know. Out here in the west al we here is Goff and Rosen, I don't like either. Adams from Oregon could be a Breez/Wilson type. In a couple years Faulk could be the man.

chagus

Reaction score
Hopefully his career... Time to hang it up and spend more time with the wife & kids

Seriously man? If i could only say what id like to say, in response to that.... But i'll say this: Romo IS NOT going anywhere....not with his crazy cap hit or his competitive drive and desire to give us fans a SB. So, prepare to DEAL WITH IT next season and i'll keep rooting for my favorite team who's QB is only QB since Aikman who has made watching the Cowboys worth watching.