News: DMN: Cowboys' Tony Romo re-injures shoulder, could be done for season

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anyone else a little annoyed that we're likely going to win a couple meaningless games and screw up our draft position?

Not really............Green Bay, Jets, and Buffalo are automatic losses with freaking Cassel and his noodle arm.

Our only shot at any wins at all is the two games against the Skins.........We aint sweeping anybody with Cassel at QB...........so at most, 1 win.

That puts us at 4-12 on the season and a top 5 pick.;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cassel at QB for the remainder of this season is the best thing for this team moving forward. He won't win us any games so we are in the running for the 1 draft pick. I'm not a draft guy so I will leave it to you folks to decide how to best use that pick but I recommend a QB if the field is really good. The end of Romo's career has just been expedited. I'm not looking forward to next season with him at the QB helm. One thing that Star Wars has taught me is that Jedi die.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It just saddens me. I hear you on lucky to win 1 more game.

Ya the 7 games without Romo showed me all I need. I don't want to tank or hope we lose. Would love to win the remaining games. Life long cowboys fan, I have seen the great times and worst of times. It's sad to see a 12-4 team fall this far. Ya injuries have been an issue but so has coaching, play calling and talent not performing. I guess the "next year's champs" still apply

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
If/when Romo had to get injured again, now was a good time. It would hurt the team worse if this happened in week 15 or 16. At least, we are staring at good draft picks instead of middle of the pack. This is about the only silver lining that I could muster.

Don't screw it up Cassel and win some games by accident.......we don't need it now :(

Yeah. If it was gonna happen, I'd rather it happen quick rather than in some heartbreaking fashion in the last couple weeks.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Mrs. Romo might be tiring of her hubby getting plastered every season and having to have surgery and spending weeks in pain and rehabbing injuries.

She may be in his ear to retire. And who could blame her?

kevm3

Reaction score
Watch Cassell start winning now that we need to tank for a qb lol

KB1122

Reaction score
and that really sucks. QB's for the most part are not playing pro-style offenses in college anymore, so development takes longer as QB's are drafted in the NFL. In this era it's win quick/develop quick or he's a bust. If you look at the last 10 years (since 2006) there has only been one QB drafted that fits the mold of a prolific passer and that's Andrew Luck. That is pathetic! The odds of getting a great QB have never been this low in the years I have watch the NFL. It's a league of mediocrity. We are heading into the dark ages of quality QB play my friends.

Or maybe the pro coordinators are the ones stuck in the past.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't want this to happen but has Romo's career past us by? With all the injuries mounting up could he retire like Aikman dud when he started getting multiple concussions. If so QB is a must.

If a player retires is his money so on the books? What's the cap like in that situation

kevm3

Reaction score
Mrs. Romo might be tiring of her hubby getting plastered every season and having to have surgery and spending weeks in pain and rehabbing injuries.

She may be in his ear to retire. And who could blame her?

I think it's in Romo's best interest to retire perhaps in a year. He's simply taking too many hits and his body is breaking down. As much as he loves football, you have to think about your long term health. I don't doubt he'd find some role in this organzation, perhaps as a coach of some sort.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I think it's in Romo's best interest to retire perhaps in a year. He's simply taking too many hits and his body is breaking down. As much as he loves football, you have to think about your long term health. I don't doubt he'd find some role in this organzation, perhaps as a coach of some sort.

I hope so! But look at Peyton. He simply seems to refuse to retire. I do realize he's a few years older than Tony but his last game was even worse than Tony's yesterday. I don't want Tony to retire but it hurts my head to think of him continually getting injured.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Romo comes back for next season IMO. If there's another injury filled season for him in 2016, then maybe we move on. With that possibility looming for us, I think the pressure to draft a Qb This offseason ratchets up just a bit.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
we can remove Tennessee from taking QB since they took Mariota last year. It then comes down to Cleveland, San Diego & San Fran. Problem is do you see any college QB that scream elite to you?

The problem is that any QB screaming elite (e.g. Luck, Manning) are going 1st overall (or 2nd at most) and therefore you’d likely have to have the worst record in the league to land them (and of course they don’t exactly turn up every year).

Lynch and Geoff look like they might have what it takes in the NFL but need a little time to make the adjustment which hopefully they would have in Dallas.

In addition if we pick in the top 10 we might be able to nab one and still spend the rest of the draft helping the team while Romo can still take a snap.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The problem is that any QB screaming elite (e.g. Luck, Manning) are going 1st overall (or 2nd at most) and therefore you’d likely have to have the worst record in the league to land them (and of course they don’t exactly turn up every year).

Lynch and Geoff look like they might have what it takes in the NFL but need a little time to make the adjustment which hopefully they would have in Dallas.

In addition if we pick in the top 10 we might be able to nab one and still spend the rest of the draft helping the team while Romo can still take a snap.

Picking near the top of each round does have its benefits.

kazzd58

Reaction score
whatever with all that about Romo he came back to early simple as that he made poor decisions throwing the ball and really this season just wasn't ment to be ITS a Weird Season this year all the way around the NFL.. Last year was the year but it was taken away from us... it is what it is I look at it as a blessing in disguise actually so we can get quaulty players in draft come back next year it is what it is at this point cant change a thing that has already happened... we can strengthen this depth and come back next year bussin

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
whatever with all that about Romo he came back to early simple as that he made poor decisions throwing the ball and really this season just wasn't ment to be ITS a Weird Season this year all the way around the NFL.. Last year was the year but it was taken away from us... it is what it is I look at it as a blessing in disguise actually so we can get quaulty players in draft come back next year it is what it is at this point cant change a thing that has already happened... we can strengthen this depth and come back next year bussin

Yeah. This year makes last year hurt that much more. It really was a missed opportunity, but eventually our below average defense was going to cost us and against a one-legged QB, we couldn't get any pressure. The Dez catch is where everyone wants to focus, but we just flat couldn't stop the Packers in the second half.

But, like you said, the bright side is we're a decently talented team that's going to get to pick really high in the draft. Maybe we can fill some of these holes we have and come back stronger next year.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love and appreciate everything Tony has done for this team but please stop with the excuses. I'll be the first to tell everyone how much I like the guy but I'll also be the first to say how much he has frustrated me over the years. It's a love/hate relationship, haha.

This isn't the coaching or the o-line or the the receivers. Tony made two bad throws and/or decsions, plain and simple. This is what he has always been and always will be, get over it. He threads the needle and makes something out of nothing one play and chunks the next. This has been going on for years, he chokes when it matters most.

It surprises me how many people continue to find excuses and act like their surprised when Tony does the same thing he always has. Last I recall, Cassel and Weeden had similar starts and were roasted by myself, the fans and the media. It's time to take th blinders off and realize Tony is and always will be who he is...a great qb with poor decisions when it matters most.

Before anyone hates me, I just want to clarify that if it weren't for Tony we would have never been as successful as we have been. On the other hand, he's not the guy to take us to the next level.

I understand how you feel. That used to be my take as well. But I saw what he could be last year with a dominating running game. I think he could have won a SB. It's just whenever the team makes Tony the major focus of winning that's when his mistakes are made. None of us should have been surprised when we saw how the game started. Pass, pass, pass and then Tony gets hurt again. If that is how they are going to use Tony then he might as well retire because we have all seen that one before. I agree Tony is a very frustrating QB to watch. I've had a love-hate relationship with him for years.

lostar2009

Reaction score
And life after Quincy Carter, and Chad Hutchinson, and Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe, and the countless backups / projects that never panned out.

Well blame JJ. He never went out to get a quality qb.