DMN Cowlishaw Blog: Cowboys' Crayton calls out (Aaron) Rodgers

bigE79

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with what he said...he was asked a question and he answered it.Some of you act scared that greenbay will use this as motavation or something...who cares!! And ill be honest with you people,i love this team as much as you guys but sometimes they act like a bunch of quoir boys.Thats why i have no problem with what crayton said and thats why i was glad when they brought in guys like t.o,tank,pac and zac,players like that give this team more of an attitude and i think that is what this team needs.Remember,even in the 90s, we had the triplets but didnt win a thing til haley came here...jmho:star:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2177661 said:
dude.

now your calling me a spazz too?

Fine. think what you want!

theebs. I love you, man.
I don't really think you're a spazz at all. That was just witty banter. Where's the witty-banter smilie, anyway?

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2177036 said:
Cowboys' Crayton calls out Rodgers

6:54 PM Tue, Aug 05, 2008 | Permalink
Tim Cowlishaw http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Cowboys wide receiver Patrick Crayton likes the fact that the team's camp has been virtually free of controversy. And then he couldn't help himself.

"Green Bay, that's a soap opera,'' he said, referring to the ongoing Brett Favre saga. "It's shaking Aaron Rodgers, I don't care what they're saying.''

Then Crayton went on to urge the Packers to start Rodgers, not Favre, against Dallas on Sept. 21. When he was reminded that Rodgers played fairly well against the Cowboys when Favre was injured, Crayton said, "Did anyone have any film on him?

"Their defense had film on him for last week's scrimmage. How'd that go?''

Rodgers was 7-for-20 and booed by Packers fans in last week's Family Night scrimmage.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Some idiots will never learn....

Here is to more drop passes in clutch situations.:beer1:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2177509 said:
We were and you know as well as I do you are argumentative, lol.

:laugh2:

No I'm not.
:eek::

I can't get over the fact that I believe all the people *****ing about Crayton's mouth are really mostly mad that he dropped a catch. If he'd caught it, I think most fans wouldn't mind him dropping an occasional harmless opinion. There's be some hard-core posters worried about Rogers feelings, but I'd gladly write them off as sensitive-types or spazzes like theebs (not really). All WR drop balls. Crayton drops very few. He just happened to drop a very big one last year.

And the notion that he's got to achieve some base level of stardom to have an opinion doesn't make any sense to me at all. If some people believe it, then that's probably the source of their disconnect with me right there.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
bigE79;2177965 said:
I dont have a problem with what he said...he was asked a question and he answered it.Some of you act scared that greenbay will use this as motavation or something...who cares!! And ill be honest with you people,i love this team as much as you guys but sometimes they act like a bunch of quoir boys.Thats why i have no problem with what crayton said and thats why i was glad when they brought in guys like t.o,tank,pac and zac,players like that give this team more of an attitude and i think that is what this team needs.Remember,even in the 90s, we had the triplets but didnt win a thing til haley came here...jmho:star:

Oh yeah, Green Bay doesn't worry me one bit, especially with Rodgers calling the shots. If the Vikings can get decent play out of Jackson, they've got something cooking there. As it stand right now however, these would be the top five in the NFC...

1) Cowboys
2) Giants
3) Vikings
4) Commanders
5) Eagles

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys2233;2178031 said:
Oh yeah, Green Bay doesn't worry me one bit, especially with Rodgers calling the shots. If the Vikings can get decent play out of Jackson, they've got something cooking there. As it stand right now however, these would be the top five in the NFC...

1) Cowboys
2) Giants
3) Vikings
4) Commanders
5) Eagles

You accidently typed 'Commanders' instead of 'Saints' for 4).

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Idgit;2178050 said:
You accidently typed 'Commanders' instead of 'Saints' for 4).

Damn it! I forgot the Saints! My new top five...

1) Cowboys
2) Giants
3) Saints
4) Vikings Drew Brees much > than Tavaris Jackson
5) Commanders

I know it's not popular picking the Commanders over the Eagles in most media circles, but they do worry me a little bit. The Eagles? Not so much.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys2233;2178178 said:
Damn it! I forgot the Saints! My new top five...

1) Cowboys
2) Giants
3) Saints
4) Vikings Drew Brees much > than Tavaris Jackson
5) Commanders

I know it's not popular picking the Commanders over the Eagles in most media circles, but they do worry me a little bit. The Eagles? Not so much.

You accidently typed 'Commanders' instead of 'some other team that doesn't suck and isn't coached by Jim Zorn' for 5).

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Idgit;2178186 said:
You accidently typed 'Commanders' instead of 'some other team that doesn't suck and isn't coached by Jim Zorn' for 5).

:laugh2:

They look like stir-fried **** when looking at their roster, and I know their coach is a newbie, but I have a feeling the sum of their parts will play much greater than what they're supposed to.

Deep offensive line, strong running game, underrated QB (IMO), and a pretty physical defense.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
stasheroo;2177900 said:
Me, I have a problem when someone expresses their dissatisfaction with something, and someone with an opposing view point feels the need to call it 'crying' or 'whining' as if in some way to demean their viewpoint.

The difference is that it's a completely different environment, one covered in radio, print and television, and one that isn't. One spoken by someone who is known to many, and the other written by an anonymous internet name.

Maybe if he were throwing who he's dating in other players' faces it might have some connection. But I haven't heard about him doing that.

He shouldn't shut up because of us fans. The players and team barely know the internet fans exist. He should shut up because he's causing something negative and not positive.

Again, I don't see where fans' comments have close to the impact or consequences that players' comments do.

Therefore, a player should be more cautious and accountable for their words than an anonymous fan or internet poster.

Where has anything he said had a negative impact other than on the forums? I haven't seen any news media blowing up about it. I haven't seen Rodgers responding and saying "oh how dare him". I haven't seen anywhere where any of his team mates were saying "oh no."

Show me a place where words are anything more than words, when it comes to football, and maybe I'll care.

All that bulletin board stuff, and people saying this or that getting people more ready to win games, is baloney. You're either ready to play or your not. If you're not good enough to beat another team it doesn't matter how much 'talking' the other team does that makes you mad you're simply not going to win.

If talking was such a horrible thing that actually made a difference, at all, in a game then coaches wouldn't be allowing their players to talk to media and such. They'd have closed locker rooms, closed practices, and pretty much everything would go through coaches or team executives.

You'll never find me one example where someone saying something actually won a sporting event of any kind, anywhere. I'm sure there are plenty of examples people will throw out there and say "Well this is one", probably even including Jimmy Johnson saying Dallas would win but I'll call BS on that as well.

I don't care if Jimmy screamed that for 10 straight minutes, to everyone who would listen, if the Cowboys weren't the better team on that day then they wouldn't have won. No matter how much talking he did.

Talk is just that. Talk.

It means nothing when it comes to on the field so I still fail to see where this does anything negative, hurts the Cowboys, or him, in anyway.

And, once more, I don't care if he gets to say it to people in the media and we don't. It's his opinion and he's got the right to say that stuff. He doesn't have to go around, tip toeing, and worrying about who might get offended. Just like you wouldn't have to in the position, or I wouldn't or anyone.

To think someone should just keep their mouths shut cause it bugs a few people who aren't in their position is just a silly notion, at best.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2177567 said:
Scenario:

Reporter asks Crayton what he thinks of the Favre situation. How does he think it will effect Aaron Rodgers?

Crayton answers accordingly.

Reporter asks Crayton if they're worried about facing Aaron Rodgers after what he did to them on Thanksgiving.

Crayton answers accordingly.

Cowboyszone melts down.

Wow. You jump right in with all sorts of misinformation.

THE REPORTERS NEVER ASKED HIM ABOUT GB OR FAVRE!!!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2177574 said:
Crayton's opinion doesn't bother me. People jumped on this thread like shark chum without even reading the actual blurb. If some could actually debate that vs whether he should've responded, then this thread might have been a halfway decent thread. Instead it's about whether PC has the credentials to even respond. That's ridiculous to me. He's a grown man and was asked a question. Would you have expected any other player not to respond?

My point to theebs was worrying about it showing up on SC is ridiculous when the team is already under the microscope. T.O. could fart and it would end up on SC. And it might be headline news if he doesn't say excuse me. That's how much media attn this team garners.

I love you girl, but you are in the group that is defending Crayton who obviously didn't listen to the audio.

They never asked him about GB or Favre. They asked him about the Cowboys getting another WR and he went from Chad Johnson to GB in a matter of 12 seconds, lol.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2178324 said:
Wow. You jump right in with all sorts of misinformation.

THE REPORTERS NEVER ASKED HIM ABOUT GB OR FAVRE!!!

In all fairness, has this been established as fact? I've been at work, and may not be up to date.

From the video I watched of this 'catastrophe' (as many here would make it out), you never hear the question asked of Crayton right before he starts talking about Farve and GB. If he was asked his opinion, he has every right to say what he thinks.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2178330 said:
I love you girl, but you are in the group that is defending Crayton who obviously didn't listen to the audio.

They never asked him about GB or Favre. They asked him about the Cowboys getting another WR and he went from Chad Johnson to GB in a matter of 12 seconds, lol.
Truthfully, it doesn't matter whether they they asked him or not, it doesn't make him wrong in my eyes. If you read the rest of the thread, you'll see I'm one of those who don't care that he offered an uninvited opinion.

Love back atcha...

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2177965 said:

I am going to make a list of all the people in here who are in the 'he was asked a question and he answered it' club.

Then I am going to PM all of them the audio where he was never asked about GB or Favre, lol.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
ah crayton crayton crayton. i wish he would not choke in a big playoff game before he starts talking about the opponents. it just brings unnecessary attention to our team that we dont need! do your job beat them help the team win a SuperBowl and then you can run your mouth all you want i could careless but help us win a big game first!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2178001 said:
theebs. I love you, man.
I don't really think you're a spazz at all. That was just witty banter. Where's the witty-banter smilie, anyway?

Smilie? LOL.

You have to know that it's Smiley!

:)

Did you check out the other video I put up?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2178332 said:
In all fairness, has this been established as fact? I've been at work, and may not be up to date.

From the video I watched of this 'catastrophe' (as many here would make it out), you never hear the question asked of Crayton right before he starts talking about Farve and GB. If he was asked his opinion, he has every right to say what he thinks.

Listen for yourself...

Crayton talks about GB/Rodgers

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2178357 said:
Smilie? LOL.

You have to know that it's Smiley!

:)

Did you check out the other video I put up?

I probably alienate more people than I need to on the board, just because I can't bring myself to use smilies. Smileys. Whatever. If I have to use a cartoon to make a point, the point's probably not worth making.

I check out--and appreciate--all your vids, so I'm sure I did. My DC info is a big streaming blurr these days as my addiction kicks into overdrive with the start of camp, but I watch everything I can get me hands on.