DMN Cowlishaw Blog: Cowboys' Crayton calls out (Aaron) Rodgers

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;2177411 said:
See, now it would have been easy enough for me to pull the Garrett quote, but now I'm not going to just to make it clear that your point didn't stand in the first place.

Saw that quote. And I saw no mention of Garrett's 'endorsement' of Crayton running his mouth. But you see what you want to I guess.

Idgit said:
You must be talking about comments that don't concern Crayton is some context that's markedly different from the way in which Crayton's comments don't concern you, because I know you wouldn't stoop to rank hypocrisy. Or is it different to (unlike Crayton) actually insult people's character anonymously on the internet than it is to answer a question directly when there's media present and a camera there to put your face with your opinions? And which one is classless again?

Crayton insulted himself when he made his comments. I pointed it out. What did Rodgers ever do to deserve the insults he got from Crayton? That's right - nothing.

Crayton's abuse is self-inflicted - and deserved.

Idgit said:
I bet you a donut Crayton wouldn't blow an o-ring to hear Rogers opinion if he did. He's probably say 'he's entitled to his opinion' and, somehow, persevere.

Bet you a box of 'em that Rodgers probably wouldn't know who Crayton was. And if he did, he'd have the class to not comment. Something Crayton and apparently some others don't know about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;2177501 said:
And I bet if you combed through other rosters like you do the Cowboys, you'd find--perish the thought--every team has players who will say what's on their mind when asked. Some people are like that. Some people are uncomfortable giving bs answers to straightforward questions. Some people like going out on a limb. As long as they keep it respectful, the only harm done is to spazzes like theebs.

There's the key point right there. Thanks for pointing it out.

Idgit said:
BTW, you underestimate PC's value as an NFL WR.

As much as you overrate it?

Doubtful that's possible.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2177459 said:
Ok. First I am not spazzing over anything. I just think crayton is foolish.

second this is the second time you have called me a spazz. I have no idea why. I feel I am far from a spazz, I dont even get why you say that to me.

Simply put me on ignore.
I didn't say you specifically were spazzing. The first part of my post was specific to your post. As in the extra stuff already going on in camp.

The 2nd part was more of a general statement relative to the drama everytime there's a Crayton thread. People in general, considering how long this thread has gone suggest there's a bit of spazzing going on.

BTW, Mods can't put members on ignore and I don't see any need to put you on ignore. You're a good poster even when I disagree with your stance.

superpunk

Reaction score
Scenario:

Reporter asks Crayton what he thinks of the Favre situation. How does he think it will effect Aaron Rodgers?

Crayton answers accordingly.

Reporter asks Crayton if they're worried about facing Aaron Rodgers after what he did to them on Thanksgiving.

Cowboyszone melts down.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2177490 said:
Under these conditions then he should have an 8 hour sit down and start talking about every player that puts on a helmet. Let's get his opinion on every single player in the NFL who has ever played the game.

When did Crayton become a QB talent evaluater? or an analyst? or columnist?

Why don't all the players come out all the time and start telling it like it is about other players?

Maybe because some of them respect their fellow players. The sad part is that Crayton isn't even going to have to line up opposite Rodgers and battle him.

Instead he gets perfect passes from Romo so of course he looks good.
Crayton's opinion doesn't bother me. People jumped on this thread like shark chum without even reading the actual blurb. If some could actually debate that vs whether he should've responded, then this thread might have been a halfway decent thread. Instead it's about whether PC has the credentials to even respond. That's ridiculous to me. He's a grown man and was asked a question. Would you have expected any other player not to respond?

My point to theebs was worrying about it showing up on SC is ridiculous when the team is already under the microscope. T.O. could fart and it would end up on SC. And it might be headline news if he doesn't say excuse me. That's how much media attn this team garners.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2177567 said:
Scenario:

Reporter asks Crayton what he thinks of the Favre situation. How does he think it will effect Aaron Rodgers?

Reporter asks Crayton if they're worried about facing Aaron Rodgers after what he did to them on Thanksgiving.

Cowboyszone melts down.

Poster comments on something he obviously didn't hear for himself.

Therefore said poster gets his 'facts' wrong.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2177608 said:
Poster comments on something he obviously didn't hear for himself.

Therefore said poster gets his 'facts' wrong.
What was different in the OP than what he stated in the audio? Meaning were the comments taken out of context? Misquoted? Something like that?

As a blog entry, I'm sure there were quite a few comments he made that could've been posted, but were left out.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This whole thing of "Crayton needs to keep his mouth shut" cracks me up. Are you not on a forum talking crap and stating your mind, freely, about a situation? So you can talk smack about Crayton and what he does and doesn't do because you're just some joe blow on a fan forum but if Crayton says something about a topic he should keep his mouth shut?

Please.

Maybe some of the crybaby fans here who want to whine and piss and moan over what people say or do should just do their job and shut up and just be fans.

Unless of course they think others should be held to a different standard simply because they put on a football uniform.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2177611 said:
What was different in the OP than what he stated in the audio? Meaning were the comments taken out of context? Misquoted? Something like that?

As a blog entry, I'm sure there were quite a few comments he made that could've been posted, but were left out.

He wasn't specifically asked about Green Bay's situation. He started that on his own.

And apparently Crayton still doesn't have the media savvy to realize that these guys are always looking for a quote they can run with to stir up controversy.

He should talk to Terrell Owens about going down that road.

Owens seems to have finally learned his lesson.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Idgit;2177491 said:
No one pays attention to Patrick Crayton? Overreacting to something Patrick Crayton says is probably the #2 passtime on the board. People might not appreciate him, but they pay attention to anything he says so that they can immediately let him know whether or not he should have said it.

His quotes made the news because it was somewhat related the biggest drama bomb of the offseason.

Most of the main stream media wouldn't care about what Crayton had to say, even if he mentioned that his broker was E.F. Hutton.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2177623 said:
This whole thing of "Crayton needs to keep his mouth shut" cracks me up. Are you not on a forum talking crap and stating your mind, freely, about a situation? So you can talk smack about Crayton and what he does and doesn't do because you're just some joe blow on a fan forum but if Crayton says something about a topic he should keep his mouth shut?

Is this an international forum? Are there reporters and TV cameras here?

Please yourself. You crack me up.

BraveHeartFan said:
Maybe some of the crybaby fans here who want to whine and piss and moan over what people say or do should just do their job and shut up and just be fans.

Take your own advice.

If you can't handle reading other opinions - leave.

BraveHeartFan said:
Unless of course they think others should be held to a different standard simply because they put on a football uniform.

As soon as someone shows me the media picking up on what I post on a message board, I'll be sure to be more considerate to Patrick Crayton.

Although that would be asking me to give him the courtesy and respect he's apparently incapable of giving himself.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2177627 said:
He wasn't specifically asked about Green Bay's situation. He started that on his own.

And apparently Crayton still doesn't have the media savvy to realize that these guys are always looking for a quote they can run with to stir up controversy.

He should talk to Terrell Owens about going down that road.

Owens seems to have finally learned his lesson.
Ok, then. Just wondering.

Still have no issues with what he said, tho. Regardless of how it was offered up. I realize you and others disagree, but I just really don't see a problem. We all offer uninvited opinions on things. Especially on this site.

I guess if PC really went hard at Rogers, then I might feel differently. But since he pretty much said what most on here feel, then I can't disagree with his take.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2177637 said:
Ok, then. Just wondering.

Still have no issues with what he said, tho. Regardless of how it was offered up. I realize you and others disagree, but I just really don't see a problem. We all offer uninvited opinions on things. Especially on this site.

I guess if PC really went hard at Rogers, then I might feel differently. But since he pretty much said what most on here feel, then I can't disagree with his take.

I don't necessarily disagree with his take. At least as far as the effect the situation could have on Rodgers. But there's a tactful way to express it. And that's a trait Crayton seems to lack.

There was no need to attack Rogers' most recent performance. I'm sure Crayton wouldn't appreciate Rodgers talking to the national media about Crayton's last on-field blunders. Nor should Rodgers be talking about it. That's my point.

I think the overall difference of opinion comes down to one side not liking trash talk and another side not having a problem or even liking it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Idgit;2177501 said:
Tony Romo says just about everything right in every interview, and there are still people who think he's smug and unfocussed and overrated.

And I bet if you combed through other rosters like you do the Cowboys, you'd find--perish the thought--every team has players who will say what's on their mind when asked. Some people are like that. Some people are uncomfortable giving bs answers to straightforward questions. Some people like going out on a limb. As long as they keep it respectful, the only harm done is to spazzes like theebs.

BTW, you underestimate PC's value as an NFL WR.

dude.

now your calling me a spazz too?

Fine. think what you want!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2177647 said:
I don't necessarily disagree with his take. At least as far as the effect the situation could have on Rodgers. But there's a tactful way to express it. And that's a trait Crayton seems to lack.
I don't know that there's a tactful way to say that Rogers played like garbage in his scrimmage. One can try, but it'll still come across as harsh.

There was no need to attack Rogers' most recent performance. I'm sure Crayton wouldn't appreciate Rodgers talking to the national media about Crayton's last on-field blunders. Nor should Rodgers be talking about it. That's my point.
It wasn't so much about Rogers as it was about what the Packers are going to face this year. Yeah his comments were uninvited, but I can't imagine anybody not having an opinion and offering it up to the press.

And truthfully, while we're all burnt out on the Favre coverage, I think it gives us a taste of what it's like for other fans when they get non-stop Cowboys coverage. We love it, they hate it.

Crayton has taken alot of heat for his last on-field blunders, I think he's past it by now. He's going to hear alot more about it when the season opens up, so I don't know that anything anybody says now is going to really affect him as much as it did immediately after the game.
I think the overall difference of opinion comes down to one side not liking trash talk and another side not having a problem or even liking it.
If you add "from Crayton" then I would agree. If you look at the Witten talking trash to Bradie, then he's looked upon as a leader. If Crayton had said the same thing to Bradie, you'd get a thread like this.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I have absolutely no problem with what Crayton said. He didn't use some nonsense reasons, he stated facts. Rogers had a poor camp and was booed by his own fans. What is the problem with stating facts?

I hate players who always try to give politically correct answers and never speak their mind, at least Crayton says what's on his mind.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2177664 said:
I don't know that there's a tactful way to say that Rogers played like garbage in his scrimmage. One can try, but it'll still come across as harsh.

I was referring to the comment about his being 'shaken up' or however he said it. I think the comment about Rodgers scrimmage performance was just uncalled for. Again, I doubt Crayton would appreciate someone bringing up his last stinker - which was during the playoffs, not a scrimmage.

WoodysGirl said:
It wasn't so much about Rogers as it was about what the Packers are going to face this year. Yeah his comments were uninvited, but I can't imagine anybody not having an opinion and offering it up to the press.

I've seen reporters ask several players their opinions on it - in search of a juicy quote they can run with - and those players handled it well. Crayton didn't.

WoodysGirl said:
And truthfully, while we're all burnt out on the Favre coverage, I think it gives us a taste of what it's like for other fans when they get non-stop Cowboys coverage. We love it, they hate it.

I see it as unrelated in this case.

WoodysGirl said:
Crayton has taken alot of heat for his last on-field blunders, I think he's past it by now. He's going to hear alot more about it when the season opens up, so I don't know that anything anybody says now is going to really affect him as much as it did immediately after the game.
If you add "from Crayton" then I would agree. If you look at the Witten talking trash to Bradie, then he's looked upon as a leader. If Crayton had said the same thing to Bradie, you'd get a thread like this.

Possibly.

But Witten said what he said on the field in the heat of competition, not to a reporter's microphone. If he came out after practice and said 'Bradie sucks', I'd have a real problem with that.

And Witten is an established Pro Bowl player as well.

Makes his words a bit more palatable, at least for me.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
What Crayton said may be the truth, but that still doesn't mean it was smart.

It's called diplomacy. Crayton doesn't get it.

Sure, we can all run our mouths on message boards, but what's at stake? Nothing, really.

The Cowboys are nicely flying under the radar while this circus is going on in Green Bay. Now, Crayton finds a way to draw the attention back to the Cowboys, or more accurately, himself.

Coaches don't like their players to talk negatively about other teams. There's a reason for that. It's fricking stupid.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2177680 said:
I was referring to the comment about his being 'shaken up' or however he said it. I think the comment about Rodgers scrimmage performance was just uncalled for. Again, I doubt Crayton would appreciate someone bringing up his last stinker - which was during the playoffs, not a scrimmage.

I've seen reporters ask several players their opinions on it - in search of a juicy quote they can run with - and those players handled it well. Crayton didn't.
Eh, it's all relative. My opinion is if I agree/disagree with his comments. I agreed with him, so it's hard for me to want to "hate" on Crayton for what he said.

It's a soundbite that has been given very little coverage. It might get some traction closer to the GB game, but right now, I just don't see the

I see it as unrelated in this case.
Yep, that was a sidebar thing.

Possibly.

But Witten said what he said on the field in the heat of competition, not to a reporter's microphone. If he came out after practice and said 'Bradie sucks', I'd have a real problem with that.

And Witten is an established Pro Bowl player as well.

Makes his words a bit more palatable, at least for me.
He didn't say it to a reporter, but he said it where reporters were present. I treated his comments as smack talk, just like I treat Crayton's as smack talk.

So if you don't like smack talk period, then don't prop one player up and down the other. Pro bowl or not, I think people should be consistent about their feelings if that's really the issue. But we KNOW that's not the issue.

If you don't like Crayton, then just the fact he's opening his mouth to the media is going to be an issue...no matter how tactful he just might be about a subject.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2177684 said:
What Crayton said may be the truth, but that still doesn't mean it was smart.

It's called diplomacy. Crayton doesn't get it.

Sure, we can all run our mouths on message boards, but what's at stake? Nothing, really.

The Cowboys are nicely flying under the radar while this circus is going on in Green Bay. Now, Crayton finds a way to draw the attention back to the Cowboys, or more accurately, himself.

Coaches don't like their players to talk negatively about other teams. There's a reason for that. It's fricking stupid.
Same point I made to theebs: Flying under the radar with 250+ media credentials issued, with national reports coming everyday, and an HBO special about to premiere tonight.

I'm sorry, I don't see this team as flying under the radar.