News: DMN: Cowlishaw: Cowboys can't go into 2016 with Kellen Moore as No. 2 QB, but this guy would...

Romotil45

Reaction score
Moore was not a rookie no matter how many times you post it.

How many regular season games did Moore play in before he came to us ? IMO a QB is a rookie until he proves himself a competent player. IMO Moore is still a rookie but is more experienced than most. When he establishes himself as a solid backup he will no longer be a rookie IMO. That could very well be this season.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I'm glad you're not in charge.

WOW.....:omg:

I been wrong before. Im not afraid to have an opinion or be wrong. Facts we must learn from others mistakes. If you draft Lynch in the first round you send Romo the message we think he is done. Manning retired because he didnt want to hold Osweiler back. Osweiler was pissed because he was not their guy when the nuts were cut. They lost both guys. How many years will Lynch sit n wait ? Drafting Lynch pushes Romo out the door to retirement or worse another team to prove my point. AKA Indy understood this and has to watch as Manning won a SB. Do you really want to see Romo in another uniform ? If im Romo and you draft Lynch I retire after this year or demand a trade.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Correction if I'm Romo and any QB is drafted in in first two rounds you are telling me you think I am done regardless of what the FO might tell me. I bust my backside to win a SB this year then demand a trade to Denver and hope Dallas gets to see me up close as I hoist the SB trophy because I just beat you.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Correction if I'm Romo and any QB is drafted in in first two rounds you are telling me you think I am done regardless of what the FO might tell me. I bust my backside to win a SB this year then demand a trade to Denver and hope Dallas gets to see me up close as I hoist the SB trophy because I just beat you.

And I hope Lynch is the starter I want to shake his hand afterward. Let him know he will be playing second fiddle to me for years to come.

Romotil45

Reaction score
When Manning retired did retire as a Colt or Bronco ? Bronco if I'm not mistaken. That really says it all.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This thread... Just wow.

m5lE4gc.gif

Romotil45

Reaction score
Lol right. His initial post said 41 but then thinks he could last until 45. I have no words...

Correct first post said 4-5 but I believe he could be effective for longer. I believe his next 4-5 years are his prime barring serious injury or too many concussions. But if he chose to he could be effective till he is 45. Many reasons for that one this OL is young if we are SB contenders will be willing to restructure contracts to stay. Two even after back surgery in 2014 season it was clear Romo mobility was affected however he was still able to avoid the rush and move around the pocket effectively. At beginning of 2015 season his mobility was better before the collarbone. I expect this year with a full off season he will be close to where he was maybe a step slower. As long as he has his mobility arm strength and the grey matter between his ears and most importantly the desire he will be effective.

visionary

Reaction score
That's a good point. As advanced as Moore is for a rookie ( he was light years ahead of Weeden and Cassel when it came down to defensive identification checks and making the defense tip it's hand). Would a 3rd or 4th rounder be able to push him ?. Perhaps not perhaps being undersized not ideal arm strength and the chip on his shoulder from the pundants spouting things like he should be QBing a highschool team after what he accomplished in college will push him. The beauty is Moore can be effective but not take away from Romo. If you take Lynch in the 1st Romo starts looking over his shoulder. He doesn't want to hold the team back. You end up pushing a top 5 QB out when he's just getting really good. Not a good idea. Romo doesn't need a push he needs to be focused. Send him the message that he's our guy until he is done. If the broncos had done that manning would still be playing. The broncos would still be in the SB hunt.

If by "be effective" you mean "lose every game" then I agree with you

Romotil45

Reaction score
Desire is the big key. If you select QB in the first two rounds this year the writing is on the wall. He will be hurt by it but motivated as well. If he has a big year it will be partly because he used that to motivate himself and thumb his nose at the FO. Then he hangs it up or demands a trade. I fear the latter that's what Manning did when Luck came in. Then Manning went on diminished arm strength and all to an incredible year in 2014. Then picked up the pieces in 2015 and became SB champion because the vets on the team had more confidence in him than Osweiler. I believe he was willing to step down but the vets said your our guy. Osweiler got upset and took his game to Houston. The lesson here ? How you motivate is just as important as the motivation itself. Proven vets don't like to look over shoulder. It fine to create compition with a young QB who has not solidified himself but unless your goal is to push your vet out not a good idea.

Romotil45

Reaction score
If by "be effective" you mean "lose every game" then I agree with you

There is always going to be a drop off to a backup. Effective in this case means I believe Moore can be more effective than a first year rookie QB. And I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to become a solid backup. And you never know. Perhaps more than that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team is different but they're all playing the same game and that game is decided in the trenches and on your QB play. Only a fool would invest premium resources into their secondary which forces them to get by at other positions due to the salary cap and a limited supply of high draft picks.

You would need that rare player like a Deion Sanders or Ed Reed to warrant a 4th overall pick.

Ramsey means waste on draft day. File it away. It will just be more of the same last 20 years. It would mean not only are they dumb enough to do this, but they're dumb enough to do it again since they've done it before.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every team is different but they're all playing the same game and that game is decided in the trenches and on your QB play. Only a fool would invest premium resources into their secondary which forces them to get by at other positions due to the salary cap and a limited supply of high draft picks.

You would need that rare player like a Deion Sanders or Ed Reed to warrant a 4th overall draft pick.

Ramsey means waste on draft day. File it away. It will just be more of the same last 20 years. It would mean not only are they dumb enough to do this, but they're dumb enough to do it again since they've done it before.

If we had an Aaron Donald or a Khalil Mack to go with Demarcus Lawrence, I wouldn't hate a Ramsey pick if we didn't have a QB need. Then he might shine. But we dont have an Aaron Donald or a Khalil Mack. And we do have a QB need

Romotil45

Reaction score
Brady went to two AFC title games and won a Super Bowl after his replacement was drafted

Replacement ? Taken in second. So ok take a guy in second that's fine. Lynch will not be there though. He is projected first round guy. Was he projected as a first round guy ? That just fell to 2nd ? Maybe Romos ok with a second round guy. I wouldn't be but I'm not Brady nor Romo.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Replacement ? Taken in second. So ok take a guy in second that's fine. Lynch will not be there though. He is projected first round guy. Was he projected as a first round guy ? That just fell to 2nd ? Maybe Romos ok with a second round guy. I wouldn't be but I'm not Brady nor Romo.

I don't see a replacement myself I see a developmental guy taken in second to grow into a solid backup. Who may have know developed into a starter for another team. He will soon grow tired of sitting and be traded. Doubt he is there when Brady retires.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I honestly dont care if Romo is ok with us drafting a QB or not