News: DMN: Cowlishaw: Cowboys can't go into 2016 with Kellen Moore as No. 2 QB, but this guy would...

Romotil45

Reaction score
After Romo back surgery in Offseason before 2014. He come back has great year perhaps his best year yet. In 2015 has a non throwing side collar bone injury. So now we need to select his replacement ? Not IMP. So he is 36 ok he still has good arm strength still has way better than average mobility. And know making better decisions than before. Still has the desire. I wouldn't take a guy in the 2nd. I don't see a need for a replacement. 3rd is fine with me.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
After Romo back surgery in Offseason before 2014. He come back has great year perhaps his best year yet. In 2015 has a non throwing side collar bone injury. So now we need to select his replacement ? Not IMP. So he is 36 ok he still has good arm strength still has way better than average mobility. And know making better decisions than before. Still has the desire. I wouldn't take a guy in the 2nd. I don't see a need for a replacement. 3rd is fine with me.

Except in 2015 Romo had career lows/worsts in Td%, Int%, Passer Rating(by a mile), his 2nd worst Yards per game and 2nd worst Yards per attempt. He also re-injured his back in game 1 which according to him was the best he's felt in years before the game. Not to mention he can't practice everyday throughout the week and looked awful on short weeks both times after his back surgery. Stats don't tell the whole story, but the offense looked awful even with Romo at the helm.

That doesn't sound like a QB in their prime to any sane minded person. It sounds like a beat up, aging QB with a bad back who is dangling one foot over the cliff, hoping a strong gust of wind doesn't hit him from behind.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Brady went to two AFC title games and won a Super Bowl after his replacement was drafted

Very true Brady thumbed his nose at the FO and reminded them he is no where near done. But what if Brady believed he had a better shot winning a SB with another team like Payton did ? Manning looked around saw a great defense in Denver good running game. Tells them in not done trade me to Denver. You have my replacement rightttt.
Now Manning is done but Denver still has a great defense good run game needs a QB though. SB hopes shot no rookie in this years draft or Sanchez nor Kaepernick is going to save them as there great defense goes to waste. Romo could save them. After all you've just drafted my replacement right ?

Romotil45

Reaction score
Except in 2015 Romo had career lows/worsts in Td%, Int%, Passer Rating(by a mile), his 2nd worst Yards per game and 2nd worst Yards per attempt. He also re-injured his back in game 1 which according to him was the best he's felt in years before the game. Not to mention he can't practice everyday throughout the week and looked awful on short weeks both times after his back surgery. Stats don't tell the whole story, but the offense looked awful even with Romo at the helm.

That doesn't sound like a QB in their prime to any sane minded person. It sounds like a beat up, aging QB with a bad back who is dangling one foot over the cliff, hoping a strong gust of wind doesn't hit him from behind.

Ok if you believe he's done by all means draft your savior but I hope he's a quick learner. If I'm Romo Denver is looking really nice.

Techsass

Reaction score
True Tony didn't look all that great in the Giants game - until Eli screwed up & he grabbed the game from them. Hmm... how good did he look against Greenbay the year before in the season opener? Everybody keeps waxing on how that ended up being his best year ever. Now a year later he's completely washed up???

Broken bones are not a sign of becoming decrepit.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree, I was surprised he was light years ahead of Weeden and Cassel when it came to checks and forcing the defence to tip it's hand. Very smart young man father was a coach he grew up around the game. He will develop into a solid back up and who knows we may have already found the future may be right under our noses.

Go back to your normal screen name, Floaty. This one lacks pizzazz.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very true Brady thumbed his nose at the FO and reminded them he is no where near done. But what if Brady believed he had a better shot winning a SB with another team like Payton did ? Manning looked around saw a great defense in Denver good running game. Tells them in not done trade me to Denver. You have my replacement rightttt.
Now Manning is done but Denver still has a great defense good run game needs a QB though. SB hopes shot no rookie in this years draft or Sanchez nor Kaepernick is going to save them as there great defense goes to waste. Romo could save them. After all you've just drafted my replacement right ?

Manning didnt have much ofna choice to stay or go. He was welcome to stay and mentor Luck in Indy. He didnt want to

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Ok if you believe he's done by all means draft your savior but I hope he's a quick learner. If I'm Romo Denver is looking really nice.

If thats what he wants then so be it. You are foolish if you think for even a second Indy wouldn't do the same thing 100 times over.

Romotil45

Reaction score

I could imagine the conversation now. Romo walks in to Stevens office. Says to him you know my numbers in 2015 were bad I know I know I only played in a few games but 2016 wasn't such a great year either. I'm sorry we haven't played 2016 yet. What I mean is if I don't have a great year in 2016 you guys might think about trading me I think I'm on my way out. Might retire. I would draft that kid Lynch. He's going to be really good I believe. I'll really take him under my wing. Have you ever been to Denver ? I ski a little might retire up there.

Romotil45

Reaction score
If thats what he wants then so be it. You are foolish if you think for even a second Indy wouldn't do the same thing 100 times over.

Sure they would but the fans of Indy there savior Luck not doing so well. They think Manning made a choice to leave but you say he was forced out. Fans dont like that. When Romo leaves to play for another team. Will you say he was forced out ? Romo will not allow FO to make that decision for him. He doesnt want guys like you say he was forced out.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He needs a lot of reps. We need to be looking at options to compete with him. And we need to draft a rookie QB, too.

You talking about bringing in 2 more QBs. We have Showers........so bring in a guy like McCown, draft to 5 QB (hopefully Lynch) and I would bring in a guy like Marquis Williams from UNC as late round possibly undrafted guy

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree, there are very few options at backup QB that are good and the ones that are have already signed elsewhere. There is going to be a dropoff if Romo is hurt, its only a question of how much. I think the dropoff to Moore is the same as a lot of the other options. I still want Lynch in the middle of the first round but no draft choice is going to be a good backup for the coming season.

Lynch is my number 1 guy for QB. Really like him a lot. Typically Romo plays very well after missing multiple games the season before. Will be very telling how Romo career will finish by how he plays this season

waving monkey

Reaction score
Moore is a nice little QB. There's short and long term and Moore is not long term.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
If Wentz or Goff is there and you think they're a franchise QB, you have to take them. Period. Nothing matters more than a franchise QB, and we hopefully won't be in this position again for a very long time.

Ramsey would be awesome. So would Elliot. Maybe Jack too.

But with a young offensive line, the most important thing over the next 10 years is a stud QB. Get him now. We combine a great QB and this o line and we are contenders for the next decade. You can fill in the holes elsewhere.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Lynch is my number 1 guy for QB. Really like him a lot. Typically Romo plays very well after missing multiple games the season before. Will be very telling how Romo career will finish by how he plays this season

I predict if Lynch is drafted Romo has a down year and next year is traded to Denver or retires and then comes out of retirement to his best shot at a SB. If Lynch is not taken he has a good year we win the division. We win a playoff game. Not sure the defense is championship ready just yet.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Wentz or Goff is there and you think they're a franchise QB, you have to take them. Period. Nothing matters more than a franchise QB, and we hopefully won't be in this position again for a very long time.

Ramsey would be awesome. So would Elliot. Maybe Jack too.

But with a young offensive line, the most important thing over the next 10 years is a stud QB. Get him now. We combine a great QB and this o line and we are contenders for the next decade. You can fill in the holes elsewhere.

Five years. Not a damn debate.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I predict if Lynch is drafted Romo has a down year and next year is traded to Denver or retires and then comes out of retirement to his best shot at a SB. If Lynch is not taken he has a good year we win the division. We win a playoff game. Not sure the defense is championship ready just yet.

I think the defense was decent getting off the field and limiting points. That's without sacks and turnovers. I believe the defense is much close to being top 8 then most. We had chances to win games with offense not moving the ball. .....that's defense and special teams. You get Romo putting up 27 plus a game and defense keeps it under 20 teams will throw more which sets up turnovers and sacks