DMN: Emmitt Smith; "Cowboys are just mediocre"

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Rampage;2461476 said:
either he's trying to fire up the team with these comments, is still really stupid, or maybe he's right.

Maybe he's not right, but he isn't far off. This team was supposed to be better than it is.

Verdict

Reaction score
Brian_C82;2462671 said:
The salt can be removed with a reverse osmosis membrane. Emmitt knows about this because he's from Florida and Florida is surrounded by salt water. He has a college degree and is sooper smart!

I see your point!

Additionally, the Cowboys players should be much lighter on their feet because Emmitt was on Dancing with the Stars. :D

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2461665 said:
add to that, what miffs me further is having brad johnson still on the team, for mainly holding on field goal attempts, that is taking a space up roster spot,

you mean as a HEAD COACH, YOU CANT FIND A PLAYER THAT CAN HOLD ON FIELD GOALS, AND GET IN RHYTHM WITH FOLK AND THE SNAPPER, THAT GOES BACK TO YOUR SPECIAL TEAMS AND THE HEAD COACH

I have never heard of using a roster spot simply for a holder.

That is freaking dumb.

I cant believe that nobody else on the entire freaking team can hold the dam ball for a FG..........Amazing:mad:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
FLcowboy;2462691 said:
Maybe he's not right, but he isn't far off. This team was supposed to be better than it is.

We were supposed to be a 13-3, 14-2, 15-1 type of team this year and a lock for the #1 seed.

We may not even make the freaking playoffs now, I would call that mediocre.

Emmit is right, this team has won JACK but act like they have a trophy case full of lombardis. This Sunday they have a chance to prove Emmitt wrong or they can make excuses for yet another loss.

We shall see which path is chosen.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2462985 said:
We were supposed to be a 13-3, 14-2, 15-1 type of team this year and a lock for the #1 seed.

Emmit is right, this team has won JACK but act like they have a trophy case full of lombardis. This Sunday they have a chance to prove Emmitt wrong or they can make excuses for yet another loss.

Well, in all fairness, prior to Romo getting hurt...

4 wins, 2 losses.

After Romo came back...

3 wins, 0 losses.

Looks like a 14-2 or 13-3 team to me -- and the East (plus our non-conference games) are significantly tougher this year. What happened between those games is completely irrelevent, since we had a worthless hack playing QB for us.

I'm just happy that the team seems to be much more motivated now. Even when this team was going 3-0 at the beginning of the year, I didn't have the same feeling that I have about this team now. They're really starting to look like a dangerous team. We'll find out soon enough.

The Panch

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2462985 said:

I agree. This team is living in the house that the 70s Boys built and the 90s Boys reconstructed, but are farting in Landry's comforters and crapping in Jimmy's toilet without flushing. They need to humble themselves and start playing like a team hungry for championships, not hungry for attenion. As good as Jerry does, I think he's a major reason they feel fit to. Most teams take the characteristics of their head coaches, we take the characteristics of our owner/gm/ceo/guy who needs to fall back.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
The Panch;2463135 said:
I agree. This team is living in the house that the 70s Boys built and the 90s Boys reconstructed, but are farting in Landry's comforters and crapping in Jimmy's toilet without flushing. They need to humble themselves and start playing like a team hungry for championships, not hungry for attenion. As good as Jerry does, I think he's a major reason they feel fit to. Most teams take the characteristics of their head coaches, we take the characteristics of our owner/gm/ceo/guy who needs to fall back.

TRAITOR!!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Rampage;2461476 said:
either he's trying to fire up the team with these comments, is still really stupid, or maybe he's right.

That was my thought too. Motivation maybe? Hearing the most prestigious runner in Cowboys/NFL history call you mediocre could maybe give them that extra edge?