News: DMN: Gosselin: After several key additions, the Commanders know the NFC East is theirs in 2016

Califan007

Reaction score
That we definitely will. It's fun every five years when you guys slink out of the basement to tell us what new dynasty you've got planned.

Umm lol...

The Commanders have won the division 2 out of the last 4 years.

The Cowboys have had one winning season in the last 6 years...even with Romo and Dez healthy.

This is not the most effective smack talk lol...

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok. I am not a glass half full fan but if and this is a big if 9stays healthy the division will come down to Dallas or NY. I have no respect for the skins.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Working for Jerruh must be the easiest job in the NFL...just keep saying "Yes, sir" to whatever he says and welcome him to the sidelines during games with open arms and not only do you get to keep your job no matter how mediocre you are, you even get to ride on the party bus with the grown ups from time to time.

My take:

Romo over Cousins. But with his age and recent injury history--coupled with Cousins' development--this may be the only year you get to say this.

As good as Dez is, Romo would destroy with Garcon, Jackson, Reed, Crowder and now Doctson to throw to. Our pass catchers over yours, every day.

Zeke puts your RBs significantly over ours, unless Matt Jones actually does end up being like Marshawn Lynch.

Your line is better as well, but the gap closed some.

DLs probably a wash, but I haven't paid attention to your DL lol...

For now I'm gonna assume that the Cowboys would love to have Kerrigan, Preston Smith and Junior Galette rushing the passer. Lawrence is the only one who has shown he can be legit so far. Gregory needs to prove he can avoid suspension one of these years (along with maybe get a sack) and Jaylon Smith has to prove he can even step foot on a football field first.

I'll take Breeland and Josh Norman as corners over Carr and Claiborne without blinking.

I'm not even sure who our safeties are--outside of Cravens and I'm not sure if he's gonna be SS or LB--so Cowboys win that match up lol...

Cowboys have the better kicker.

Commanders have the better punter.

im sorry the gap closed on the offense line? you do realize our back up guards would start on your line lol. Travis, Zach, La' el , Tyron, all under 25. not even in there prime yet. La el looked down right dominate at times last year. he will have the biggest jump in improvement on that line next year, and that's a scary thought for opposing teams. I will agree with you on pass catchers tho.

Califan007

Reaction score
im sorry the gap closed on the offense line? you do realize our back up guards would start on your line lol. Travis, Zach, La' el , Tyron, all under 25. not even in there prime yet. La el looked down right dominate at times last year. he will have the biggest jump in improvement on that line next year, and that's a scary thought for opposing teams. I will agree with you on pass catchers tho.

Do you even remember who was starting on the Skins line in 2014? lol...Trust me, the gap was enormous. We upgraded the right side of the line significantly.

And I said the gap closed "some"...not that it closed.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Just my point of view, I hate the Commanders, Giants and Giggles, but like our regular Commanders and Giants fans posters we have here. They keep things civil, and interesting. It's too bad Philadelphia isn't capable of doing that, or Boston.

dfense

Reaction score
You mean like they did in 2014 and twice in 2012? Romo is only 3-3 in his last 6 games against the Commanders.

Maybe the Cowboys should concentrate on beating the Skins at home instead...Commanders have beat the Cowboys in their "house" 3 times in the last 4 years. Had they done it in 2012 the Cowboys would have won the division. Had they done it in 2014, the Cowboys would have had a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

At any rate, as a few others have mentioned, didn't see anywhere in the article that anyone, at any time, claimed the Commanders knew the division was theirs for the taking. I'm not sure anyone even said they were favorites to win the division lol...he only said that the Skins would be the biggest "test" for the Cowboys.

You mean like they did in 2014 and twice in 2012? Romo is only 3-3 in his last 6 games against the Commanders.

Maybe the Cowboys should concentrate on beating the Skins at home instead...Commanders have beat the Cowboys in their "house" 3 times in the last 4 years. Had they done it in 2012 the Cowboys would have won the division. Had they done it in 2014, the Cowboys would have had a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

At any rate, as a few others have mentioned, didn't see anywhere in the article that anyone, at any time, claimed the Commanders knew the division was theirs for the taking. I'm not sure anyone even said they were favorites to win the division lol...he only said that the Skins would be the biggest "test" for the Cowboys.
Romo beat them in their house with a broken back for crying out loud. Then came back and hung a 40+ burger on em. Not enough for you?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Umm lol...

The Cowboys have had one winning season in the last 6 years...even with Romo and Dez healthy.

I know you weren't addressing me and I agree some get too puffed up around here with so little results lately.

Still, regarding when Romo starts at QB > 1/2 the games, people would surprised to know that Dallas has had:

5__winning seasons
3__.500 seasons
0__losing seasons

Not many current QBs who have played several seasons can say that their team has never had a losing season while they were the main starter.
Brady and Rodgers can say it...but that may be it besides Romo.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Umm lol...

My bad. I should have been clearer. I was talking about every other season since, what, 2007?

Califan007

Reaction score
Romo beat them in their house with a broken back for crying out loud. Then came back and hung a 40+ burger on em. Not enough for you?

You liked my post so much you had to quote it twice lol...

Strange, though, that even though you quoted me twice you still didn't understand it.

You said: "Maybe the Skins can work on actually beating a Dallas team with Romo first."

I said the Skins have beaten the Cowboys with Romo 3 out of the last 6 times.

You mentioning two of those 3 wins doesn't negate what i said lol...

Califan007

Reaction score
I know you weren't addressing me and I agree some get too puffed up around here with so little results lately.

Still, regarding when Romo starts at QB > 1/2 the games, people would surprised to know that Dallas has had:

5__winning seasons
3__.500 seasons
0__losing seasons

Not many current QBs who have played several seasons can say that their team has never had a losing season while they were the main starter.
Brady and Rodgers can say it...but that may be it besides Romo.

I have a begrudging respect for Romo to be honest, he's impressed me over the last several years. Tough as nails, too. But still ****ed up juuuuuust enough lol...

If he had bailed ship and landed on the Cardinals, for example, I'd have little problem with him finding postseason success and might even be happy for him (washes mouth out with Listerine lol)...

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I have a begrudging respect for Romo to be honest, he's impressed me over the last several years. Tough as nails, too. But still ****ed up juuuuuust enough lol...

If he had bailed ship and landed on the Cardinals, for example, I'd have little problem with him finding postseason success and might even be happy for him (washes mouth out with Listerine lol)...

Factory of Sadness will see RG3 crush your foreskins at your home on October 2nd from what I see. :grin:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
On offense the Skins are trying to replicate the Cowboys formula. They want to run to set up the pass. Only problem is that there are talent gaps all over that side of the ball.

They're significantly worse up front and in terms of ball carriers.

On defense they have more talent. So does Philly and NYG. That's also been the case the last two years. Yet the lesser talented team has outperformed their division rivals on that side of the ball in both seasons.

Daillest88

Reaction score
On offense the Skins are trying to replicate the Cowboys formula. They want to run to set up the pass. Only problem is that there are talent gaps all over that side of the ball.

On defense they have more talent. So does Philly and NYG. That's also been the case the last two years. Yet the lesser talented team has outperformed their division rivals on that side of the ball in both seasons.

Yup true. What's funny is even without orlando last year we were 5th against the pass

bh32

Reaction score

What are you talking about? Talent gaps on offense...lol the Commanders skilled players as a whole are alot better than the Cowboys..

Daillest88

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Talent gaps on offense...lol the Commanders skilled players as a whole are alot better than the Cowboys..

Riiight. Your running backs are no where near on the level of ours. Saying your skilled players are Alot better is hilarious. Dez Bryant , Jason Witten, Terrance Williams, Alfred Morris,darren McFadden, Ezekiel Elliott

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Umm lol...

And one losing season. The Commanders have had 4 losing seasons in that stretch. Dallas has a better record in your chosen sample.

The Commanders haven't won the division without a fourth place schedule since 1991.
Riiight. Your running backs are no where near on the level of ours. Saying your skilled players are Alot better is hilarious. Dez Bryant , Jason Witten, Terrance Williams, Alfred Morris,darren McFadden, Ezekiel Elliott

That's not even getting to the spot where the gains are most significant. QB RB Backup RB LT LG C RG RT WR 1 all tip to the Cowboys side of the scale. But this guy legit thought RG3 was better than Romo so he's too far gone.

bh32

Reaction score

really? Reed is better than Witten..Jackson and Garcon are both better than Williams or any other receiver you have besides Dez..Crowder is better than Beasley..im not even gonna include Doctson because he hasn't even stepped foot on a NFL field..Nothing special with you RB's and don't know why your including Elliot..he hasn't even played one down yet...lol Again what were Romo's Stats last year?Did Cousins put up better numbers than Romo or not last year?