News: DMN: Gosselin: After several key additions, the Commanders know the NFC East is theirs in 2016

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Honestly if Romo didn't go down I still think the Cowboys would have won the division. We don't click without Romo
and management has done a lousy job for finding his replacement.

We would have easy.. We went 3-1 with Romo.

garyv

Reaction score
We would have easy.. We went 3-1 with Romo.

Catch17 the only thing I'm worried about next season really is WR I felt we needed to Draft one but we really
didn't I was hoping for one that could become a #1 in case Dez goes down...this still concerns me !!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Catch17 the only thing I'm worried about next season really is WR I felt we needed to Draft one but we really
didn't I was hoping for one that could become a #1 in case Dez goes down...this still concerns me !!

I want Boldin as a slot guy on 1st and 2nd down.

That way we can be in 3 wide formations and have a receiver that can block like a TE.

Califan007

Reaction score
Gosselin = idiot

Maybe the Skins can work on actually beating a Dallas team with Romo first.

You mean like they did in 2014 and twice in 2012? Romo is only 3-3 in his last 6 games against the Commanders.

The last time Washington beat Dallas in Washington was in 2012.

Maybe the Cowboys should concentrate on beating the Skins at home instead...Commanders have beat the Cowboys in their "house" 3 times in the last 4 years. Had they done it in 2012 the Cowboys would have won the division. Had they done it in 2014, the Cowboys would have had a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

At any rate, as a few others have mentioned, didn't see anywhere in the article that anyone, at any time, claimed the Commanders knew the division was theirs for the taking. I'm not sure anyone even said they were favorites to win the division lol...he only said that the Skins would be the biggest "test" for the Cowboys.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I think Dallas improved more than any team in the division. We got Zeke, Thornton, a young D line, scandrick,Dez and Romo. Those are some really major additions if you ask me. Annnd McFadden was killing skins last year, I can't wait to see what Zeke does to em...

Daillest88

Reaction score
I think Dallas improved more than any team in the division. We got Zeke, Thornton, a young D line, scandrick,Dez and Romo. Those are some really major additions if you ask me. Annnd McFadden was killing skins last year, I can't wait to see what Zeke does to em...

Some people don't realize how much more of an impact Zeke is going to have over McFadden . It's going to be a HUGE difference

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nevermind the fact that the Division-wide epic failure and bad luck essentially gift wrapped the division for them.

Exactly. It is like every Commanders fan completely forgets that Romo and Dez weren't playing (or played hurt like Dez). They just talk about how much they improved and how their new GM delivered a division title in his first year because he is superman.

Heck even the one's who are actually smart enough to say Romo and Dez would have changed everything are saying that Romo won't be healthy this year because his shoulder is now damaged goods.

One guy even argued that it was his throwing shoulder that was hurt, and that it was his rotator cuff that was screwed up. I told him no that it was his non-throwing shoulder and that it was his collar bone which has now been completely taken care of by the mumford procedure and so shouldn't be an issue going forward.

He told me I was wrong, LOL.

bh32

Reaction score
Gift wrapped? The Commanders had 11 players on IR..The Cowboys have alot more problems than just Romo and Dez being hurt...lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think the Commanders have righted the ship in the personnel department.
For the most part, they seem to be making rational moves

Dallas still wins the division though:D

bh32

Reaction score
LOL

Every team has a bunch of guys on IR every year. Your starting QB is different.

Then tell me how other teams that start backup QB's manage to win games? I mean if the Cowboys were so much better then the rest of the division then they shouldn't have missed a beat with a backup QB..Im not saying the Commanders are locks to win the division,but they have just as good of shot as anyone else...

Daillest88

Reaction score
LOL

Every team has a bunch of guys on IR every year. Your starting QB is different.

Thank you!! I swear to god I hear that from Commander fans, Trying to compare there injury's to a top 8 quarterback is laughable. The quarterback is by far the most important position on the roster. You can throw in Dez who missed half the season and when he came back he was 50% and he's definitely a top 5 receiver.

Last edited:

Daillest88

Reaction score
Then tell me how other teams that start backup QB's manage to win games? I mean if the Cowboys were so much better then the rest of the division then they shouldn't have missed a beat with a backup QB..Im not saying the Commanders are locks to win the division,but they have just as good of shot as anyone else...

Because Brandon weeden was the backup. And coach Garrett and the front office definitely weren't expecting there QB to go down. That's on them.