News: DMN: Gosselin: After several key additions, the Commanders know the NFC East is theirs in 2016

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Goose danced around the draft question. There's a hit from the lower round of the draft every year, but does a team consistently draft em? Maybe Ron Wolf did it two decades ago, but anyone else?

Good question. Not sure. My guess is we are not a lot different. Some depends on if the roster is already loaded or not. However, the cap prevents keeping but so many so there's always going to be turnover even on the best roster's esp depth wise.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like what the Sk*ns are doing. If McCloughan keeps it up, he's getting a congratulatory bottle of Makers from me at the end of the season. (Not really, but how long before he slips off that wagon a third time? It's a stressful job there working for little Napoleon).

And 'lol' at Skins fans trying to diminish Dez Bryant. Just, lol.

I'll take our roster against theirs if everybody's in the lineup, any day. Cousins has played well enough to extend. Have fun writing those checks. He's too good to let walk and not good enough to bet the franchise on. Though his attitude toward free agency is 100% right. Much better than the baby PHI will be trotting out again this season.

bh32

Reaction score
I like what the Sk*ns are doing. If McCloughan keeps it up, he's getting a congratulatory bottle of Makers from me at the end of the season. (Not really, but how long before he slips off that wagon a third time? It's a stressful job there working for little Napoleon).

I'll take our roster against theirs if everybody's in the lineup, any day. Cousins has played well enough to extend. Have fun writing those checks. He's too good to let walk and not good enough to bet the franchise on. Though his attitude toward free agency is 100% right. Much better than the baby PHI will be trotting out again this season.

Not saying Dez is bad,just their are better receivers in the league...You can take your roster and i'll take mine..we will find out soon enough...lol

Daillest88

Reaction score
Everyone on that list is better than Dez..

Do you know how often dez gets doubled? Do you know before last year he had the most touchdowns in the NFL at the receiver position since 2010. Lol he's better then aj green he's better then demayious Thomas, Allen Robinson ? He had a great year. But better then dez? Ok buddy

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not saying Dez is bad,just their are better receivers in the league...You can take your roster and i'll take mine..we will find out soon enough...lol

That we definitely will. It's fun every five years when you guys slink out of the basement to tell us what new dynasty you've got planned.

Think this version will be as good as your Gibbs-Brunnell juggernaut earlier in the decade?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know how often dez gets doubled? Do you know before last year he had the most touchdowns in the NFL at the receiver position since 2010. Lol he's better then aj green he's better then demayious Thomas, Allen Robinson ? He had a great year. But better then dez? Ok buddy

You legitimize the silly when you debate it. Let him have his top 7, or however long that list would have gotten if we let him keep going. We can have Dez and the touchdowns.

bh32

Reaction score
You legitimize the silly when you debate it. Let him have his top 7, or however long that list would have gotten if we let him keep going. We can have Dez and the touchdowns.

Dez has never even caught over a 100 balls a season or averaged over 15 yards a season,but gets 16 td's one year and he is all world..lol He is the true definition of a possession receiver..He is not a homerun threat

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Then tell me how other teams that start backup QB's manage to win games? I mean if the Cowboys were so much better then the rest of the division then they shouldn't have missed a beat with a backup QB..Im not saying the Commanders are locks to win the division,but they have just as good of shot as anyone else...

They're better in large part because of those people that were injured. You're not very good at this.

bh32

Reaction score

AJ Green has more catches,yards,better average and 14 less Td's with one less year in the league..so again how is Dez better?

bh32

Reaction score
They're better in large part because of those people that were injured. You're not very good at this.

Nothing but excuses..lol But i thought you had the best OL in the NFL? All you need is a bus driver with all that elite talent you have..Couldn't even average more than 17pts a game...lol

Primetime42

Reaction score

We joke, but my understanding of the situation is it's still not great.

Back on topic, the Commanders didn't beat a single team with a winning record last year and were the only team to lose to a Cowboys backup. Pardon me if I'm not quivering in my boots.

Califan007

Reaction score

Working for Jerruh must be the easiest job in the NFL...just keep saying "Yes, sir" to whatever he says and welcome him to the sidelines during games with open arms and not only do you get to keep your job no matter how mediocre you are, you even get to ride on the party bus with the grown ups from time to time.

My take:

Romo over Cousins. But with his age and recent injury history--coupled with Cousins' development--this may be the only year you get to say this.

As good as Dez is, Romo would destroy with Garcon, Jackson, Reed, Crowder and now Doctson to throw to. Our pass catchers over yours, every day.

Zeke puts your RBs significantly over ours, unless Matt Jones actually does end up being like Marshawn Lynch.

Your line is better as well, but the gap closed some.

DLs probably a wash, but I haven't paid attention to your DL lol...

For now I'm gonna assume that the Cowboys would love to have Kerrigan, Preston Smith and Junior Galette rushing the passer. Lawrence is the only one who has shown he can be legit so far. Gregory needs to prove he can avoid suspension one of these years (along with maybe get a sack) and Jaylon Smith has to prove he can even step foot on a football field first.

I'll take Breeland and Josh Norman as corners over Carr and Claiborne without blinking.

I'm not even sure who our safeties are--outside of Cravens and I'm not sure if he's gonna be SS or LB--so Cowboys win that match up lol...

Cowboys have the better kicker.

Commanders have the better punter.

Califan007

Reaction score
We joke, but my understanding of the situation is it's still not great.

What's your understanding of the situation?

Back on topic, the Commanders didn't beat a single team with a winning record last year and were the only team to lose to a Cowboys backup. Pardon me if I'm not quivering in my boots.

Yes, and while the rest of the league has been allowed to revise their rosters, coaching staffs and their players are given the opportunity to improve their games from one year to the next, the Commanders have been cryogenically preserved since the 4th quarter of their playoff game and will be thawed out an hour before kickoff of the first game of the 2016 season, thus successfully keeping anyone associated with the team from any chance of improving even one iota. This became necessary when, at the end of the 2014 season, NFC East fans kept saying "The Commanders went 4-12, started 3 different QBs and don't have anything resembling a real GM. Pardon me if I'm not quivering in my boots."

Primetime42

Reaction score
Working for Jerruh must be the easiest job in the NFL...just keep saying "Yes, sir" to whatever he says and welcome him to the sidelines during games with open arms and not only do you get to keep your job no matter how mediocre you are, you even get to ride on the party bus with the grown ups from time to time.
When I see comments like this, I don't feel as bad as I should in waiting for the inevitable in Washington.