DMN: If Tashard Choice Can't Play, Cut Him Loose

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh great, now we've got a really dumb blogger at DMN. It'll take him a while to make me forget this stupid blog entry. Freaking moron.

odog422

Reaction score
stasheroo;2418458 said:
Again, if his not playing is about his pass blocking, why is Deion Anderson still playing?

Why was Flo still playing? And I know many will say apples and oranges, but I get your point, even though many others don't seem to. Basically, it's just an excuse.

You play the game and put your best players on the field. I didn't hear anyone saying we should bench Felix when he missed the block on the goal line.

Yes, you maximize your chances and try to protect your QB. But if you have a running back who has produced, and your #1 guy has not truly shown he can be THE guy, utilize what you have to maximize Barber's effectiveness. Personally, I don't think he's running with the same abandon because he's mindful that he is the guy now. And I think this takes away from his greatest asset - his physicality.

I don't recall seeing him run out of bounds anywhere near as much as he has this year. And lately, he seems to have fallen in love with the idea of trying to bounce everything outside rather than just take on a guy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2418458 said:
Again, if his not playing is about his pass blocking, why is Deion Anderson still playing?
Because we didn't draft owen Schmitt like I wanted to.

:grin:

MONT17

Reaction score
Jerryland just can't admit that MB3 was better in his role last year than he is in his current role!

So let's rip a guy for giving his opinion on the Commanders use of Portis...Yeah! Feel better? how does the way the Skins use Portis give Wade a pass on his use of MB3? Last I check the Skins were not talkin SuperBowl or refer to 13n3 like it has something to do with 08.

Oh and let's not forget those who don't wanna get Romo hurt. If Choice is the next Terrell Davis or Ryan Grant these fans wouldn't care. Coaches coach players how to pick up a blitz from draft day 4 every NFL team except Dallas, I guess. Rookie RBs r running all over the NFL this year while Jerry fans come up with is blocking assignment excuses.

Take a look at how many times MB3 will avoid a block or let a guy go to catch a pass.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2418522 said:
Because we didn't draft owen Schmitt like I wanted to.

:grin:

Bingo!

And we can both %^$#@ about it because we both thought they should have drafted him - or Hillis.

Instead we got Erik Walden, who we didn't actually get...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2418528 said:
Bingo!

And we can both %^$#@ about it because we both thought they should have drafted him - or Hillis.

Instead we got Erik Walden, who we didn't actually get...
Preach it Brother Stash.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
People are just like little kids that want this year's new Christmas toy. They want to play with it so bad, but after a few hours they get bored they'll throw them in the closet and never think twice about them. Especially when they get next year's new shiny Christmas toy to distract them. Choice is currently the new Christmas toy. Ohhhh ... so shiny.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
somebody has lost their marbles. Choice is a baller, but until he gets more carries nobody will see it:mad:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2418444 said:
What a dumb blog item.

First he claims that "Barber is viewed as the only option against the Commanders," which obviously isn't the case and isn't what Wade said.

Then he bemoans that Choice isn't good enough to get "about a half-dozen carries or so," shortly after he mentioned that Choice got about a half-dozen carries last game.

First MacMahon and now this guy? Where does the DMN keep finding them?

I agree. Now everyone there is going TMZ along with Timmy.

The reason Choice doesn't get a lot of looks is because he's just like MBIII. If you have MBIII and a guy like MBIII why would you choose the lesser talent to carry the rock?

Felix is different entity. He is a speed guy with quicks who can break the long run.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Choice can't play because he might get Romo hurt?

So how is it Cory Proctor has stayed in the lineup?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2418458 said:

He stinks. We need a real FB. He's a special teamer at best.

And I will never forgive him for getting Romo hurt.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2418560 said:
Choice can't play because he might get Romo hurt?

So how is it Cory Proctor has stayed in the lineup?

Exactly!!!! I would rather have seen 49 year old, out of shape, weed toking, hard hat wearing Nate Newton at Left Guard the last few weeks over Proctor.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2418440 said:
I do agree that Wade is naturally risk averse, but I don't blame him on this. A rookie RB can put Romo on IR if he doesn't fully grasp his blocking responsibilities. Who wants to see Brooks Bollinger start the rest of the year because a rookie missed his blitz pickup assignment? The risk/reward ratio might be worth it if the rookie can take the ball 70 yards to the house every time he touches it like Felix, but Choice is just a serviceable talent.

Shouldn't this guy do an ounce of homework before opening his yap? Portis is the most overworked back in the NFL.

you don't have to put in Choice strictly on passing downs, if Barber isn't having any success, which he hasn't against the Skins, switch it up w/ Choice

the thing w/ this coaching staff is that it's so predictable, just trot out Choice on 1st or 2nd down, and give him the ball, have Barber in on 3rd down, and either send him on a route, keep him back to block, or chip and get into a route, or give him a draw play, not for the whole game, but damnit Jim, give the D something else to defend

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2418462 said:
Bradshaw got a total of six carries in the first 14 games last season. Choice already has twice as many.

but look at Derrick Ward this year

it's not like Barber is setting the world on fire, his average is 3.9 ypc

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think he used a poor point to illustrate an example if he would have had said Carp or Anderson or Johnson I would agree,

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2418570 said:
but look at Derrick Ward this year

Ward is a second-stringer in his fifth NFL season. Choice is a third-stringer and a rookie.

Ward had ONE game with more than four carries in his first three seasons. Choice already has two.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2418590 said:
Ward is a second-stringer in his fifth NFL season. Choice is a third-stringer and a rookie.

Ward had ONE game with more than four carries in his first three seasons. Choice already has two.

Come on Adam owning Bob is like beating up a midget, it may be fun to watch but there is no sport in it

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2418590 said:

I'm not comparing their 1st years in the league

just that Jacobs is a pretty good back, but he's still splitting carries w/ Ward

Temo

Reaction score
stasheroo;2418505 said:
I would most definitely agree.

But I don't think that's what the author's intent was, at least I didn't take it that way.

What I thought he was trying to say is that Choice can contribute, at least in some way and should at least be given the opportunity to do so.

But there seems to be a train of thought to stick with status quo at all costs, even when it's not the best move.

See: Henry, Anthony or Ellis, Greg on the defensive side or Adams, Flozell on the offensive side

Hopefully, Adams' struggles were strictly injury-related and the two weeks off have done him a world of good.

When did Wade say that Choice wouldn't play again? He just said that the focus of the offense is on Barber, where it should be. Not on the 3rd string special teams player.