DMN JJT: Wade and Jerry have wrecked the team Parcells built

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bach;2396793 said:
And he controlled BP's staff just like he did Gailey and Campo's. And all those BP guys that we brought in here and drafted were actually Jerry's decisions?

Right. :rolleyes:

Jerry gave up the most control to BP since the days Jimmy walked the halls of Valley Ranch.

Once again: YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Not a single shred of evidence on what Jerry does inside the organization. All you have is media generated tripe that says JJ succeeded only when he hired a strong football man. One which failed to win in Miami and got blown out 62-7 in a playoff game, and one who couldn't win a single playoff game in two tries (one with a team that JJ and Campo built), and one with a team that he built supposedly by himself.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396816 said:

Not a single shred of evidence on what Jerry does inside the organization. All you have is media generated tripe that says JJ succeeded only when he hired a strong football man. One which failed to win in Miami and got blown out 62-7 in a playoff game, and one who couldn't win a single playoff game in two tries (one with a team that JJ and Campo built), and one with a team that he built supposedly by himself.

Under that logic, Jerry built a great team for ever ago and hasn't been able to do it again.
No GM in the league would get away with that.

wileedog

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396791 said:
Nice try, nice loaded question, which fails.

1) First, you have to show that Jimmy and BP are the only coaches that stood up to him.
Who else did? Gailey? Campo? Was Jerry completely against Coslett's "TE Fall Down Play" but that rogue ran it anyway?

2) Second, he won a SB with Switzer who probably isn't a coach who stood up to him (according to your logic), and therefore JJ did well without one, therefore destroying your question altogether.

Are you seriously implying that because Jerry won with Switzer coaching a Dynasty team that someone else built he is a good GM? Really?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2396825 said:
Under that logic, Jerry built a great team for ever ago and hasn't been able to do it again.
No GM in the league would get away with that.

Under what logic? The logic you invented?

Do you know how many teams haven't won a SB in a 13 year span?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
wileedog;2396826 said:
Who else did? Gailey? Campo? Was Jerry completely against Coslett's "TE Fall Down Play" but that rogue ran it anyway?

Are you seriously implying that because Jerry won with Switzer coaching a Dynasty team that someone else built he is a good GM? Really?

Follow the thread.

He asked me a question that made assumptions that had no evidence that made them valid. I just showed how they weren't so.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396816 said:

Funny how Jimmy got the Dolphins into the playoffs in the first place instead of taking a SB team and running them into the ground resulting in three straight 5-11 seasons.

But, I don't expect much more out of a blind homer that is more concerned about Jerry than he is about the success of the team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396835 said:

LOL Ok you can't answer so there is no point in going in circles.
I could care less about what other teams do.

Have a good evening.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bach;2396840 said:
Funny how Jimmy got the Dolphins into the playoffs in the first place instead of taking a SB team and running them into the ground resulting in three straight 5-11 seasons.

But, I don't expect much more out of a blind homer that is more concerned about Jerry than he is about the success of the team.

Funny how Jimmy took a 9-7 team and made them a 9-7 team that got blown out in a playoff game in the most lopsided game ever.

But, I don't expect much more out of a blind hater that is more concerned about Jerry than he is about the success of the team.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396835 said:

Strange how Jerry was such a genius in those first few years coming in from the oil business to building the Cowboys from 1-15 to 3 Super Bowls. Yet after Jimmy and those players started leaving he now can't even win a playoff game.

I guess Jerry's just had a 13 year run of bad luck. :laugh2:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bach;2396849 said:
Strange how Jerry was such a genius in those first few years coming in from the oil business to building the Cowboys from 1-15 to 3 Super Bowls. Yet after Jimmy and those players started leaving he now can't even win a playoff game.

I guess Jerry's just had a 13 year run of bad luck. :laugh2:

Strange how Jimmy was such a genius in those first few years coming in from college to building the Cowboys from 1-15 to 2 Super Bowls. Yet after Jerry, he went to Miami and he couldn't win a SB at all.

I guess Jimmy just couldn't cut coaching anymore.

Hey, perhaps you can get your head out of your *** and think maybe Jerry had some contribution to the successes of the team, and learned from his mistakes of the past.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SultanOfSix;2396866 said:
Strange how Jimmy was such a genius in those first few years coming in from college to building the Cowboys from 1-15 to 2 Super Bowls. Yet after Jerry, he went to Miami and he couldn't win a SB at all.

Hey, perhaps you can get your head out of your *** and think maybe Jerry had some contribution to the successes of the team, and learned from his mistakes of the past.

Yeah, that's right.

Jimmy never won anything without Jerry.

Oh wait.....

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396866 said:

Yeah, maybe. But that still doesn't negate the fact that Jimmy was the primary component to building the team in Dallas. And it still doesn't have anything to do with the way Jerry ran the Cowboys into the ground in the late 90's and is in the process of doing it again.

That's rich coming from a guy with his head up Jerry's ***.

And to hear you tell it, why would Jerry have to learn from his past mistakes, seeing how he didn't have any since according to you he was the man that was responsible for all those SB's in the '90s'? So what mistakes are you talking about? :laugh2:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
stasheroo;2396873 said:
Yeah, that's right.

Jimmy never won anything without Jerry.

Oh wait.....

Yeah, that's right.

Jerry never won anything with Jimmy.

Oh wait....

aikemirv

Reaction score
They may have wrecked the season but a good coach could get this team on the right trck in a couple of weeks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SultanOfSix;2396895 said:
Yeah, that's right.

Jerry never won anything with Jimmy.

Oh wait....

Again, what's the common denominator Math-O?

Jimmy won before he ever hooked up with Jerry.

Jerry hasn't won since Jimmy left.

(and please bring up Jerry and Barry 'winning' on Jimmy's fumes, it will make your 'case' look that much better)

Jerry's done a good job as an owner but he's not beyond reproach for getting a little too involved either.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bach;2396886 said:
Yeah, maybe. But that still doesn't negate the fact that Jimmy was the primary component to building the team in Dallas. And it still doesn't have anything to do with the way Jerry ran the Cowboys into the ground in the late 90's and is in the process of doing it again.

I don't know if he was the primary component or not. I don't know what goes on in the draft room or in the organization. Hell, I heard that Jimmy didn't even want to draft Emmitt Smith. For all I know, it could have been Jerry drafting Aikman and Emmitt, along with his inheritance of Michael Irvin that resulted in the success of the team.

That's rich coming from a guy with his head up Jerry's ***.

And to hear you tell it, why would Jerry have to learn from his past mistakes, seeing how he didn't have any since according to you he was the man that was responsible for all those SB's in the '90s'? So what mistakes are you talking about? :laugh2:

Haha. Unlike your posts, me defending Jerry in anyway still doesn't match up to you denigrating him repetitively in the majority of your posts. Just do a search on your posts and they sum up to what I've been saying. All of my Jerry defense posts, if that is what they are, instead of just trying to give him some credit to the success of the franchise with some semblance of objectivity, are probably only in response to your defamation posts.

But let's answer your question anyways. The mistakes that JJ made were holding onto the past too long and drafting for backups instead of replenishing the aging talent of the SB years.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wrecked it faster than I thought - I blame Jerry the meddling GM more.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
stasheroo;2396915 said:
Again, what's the common denominator Math-O?

Jimmy won before he ever hooked up with Jerry.

Jerry hasn't won since Jimmy left.

(and please bring up Jerry and Barry 'winning' on Jimmy's fumes, it will make your 'case' look that much better)

Jerry's done a good job as an owner but he's not beyond reproach for getting a little too involved either.

You're not getting it. Who said he wasn't beyond reproach?

Just because we're not having success this year, like we did last year, it's now all JJ's fault? That the 5-4 record is simply because of him. That he's now returning to the same GM he was during the post SB years? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's all I'm hearing in these threads. And all of my copycat posts were to emphasize that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SultanOfSix;2396941 said:
You're not getting it. Who said he wasn't beyond reproach?

Just because we're not having success this year, like we did last year, it's now all JJ's fault? That the 5-4 record is simply because of him. That he's now returning to the same GM he was during the post SB years? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's all I'm hearing in these threads.

I'm getting it just fine.

Who said it was 'all JJ's fault'?

I must have missed that post.

I see people giving him a share of blame for the lack of accountability occuring in Dallas - along with Wade Phillips.

There's plenty of that blame to go around, no need for Jerry to get all of it.

But he did hire these guys and he did sign the players here.

So he deserves a share of the blame for this team being 5-4.

I think Jerry's also done a lot of good things as owner and has the best of intentions. But he's made his share of mistakes too.