DMN JJT: Wade and Jerry have wrecked the team Parcells built

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AdamJT13;2396723 said:
Oh, please. I wouldn't be surprised if JJT had this column ready in the preseason, waiting for the moment when we were barely above .500. If we had started 2-2 -- as many DMN staffers predicted -- he probably would have posted in then.

Notice how NOTHING in JJT's column is time-sensitive. There is NO mention of our record, NO mention of Tony Romo (injured or not), NO mention of any developments this season (major injuries, big trade, suspension, etc.).

If 5-4 is the "fallout" from Wade's philosophy, when did we ever reap the benefits of Parcells' philosophy?

:bow:

Wow.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2396723 said:
Oh, please. I wouldn't be surprised if JJT had this column ready in the preseason, waiting for the moment when we were barely above .500. If we had started 2-2 -- as many media members predicted -- he probably would have posted it then.

Notice how NOTHING in JJT's column is time-sensitive. There is NO mention of our record, NO mention of Tony Romo (injured or not), NO mention of any developments this season (major injuries, big trade, suspension, etc.).

If 5-4 is the "fallout" from Wade's philosophy, when did we ever reap the benefits of Parcells' philosophy?

Unbelievable

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2396723 said:
Oh, please. I wouldn't be surprised if JJT had this column ready in the preseason, waiting for the moment when we were barely above .500. If we had started 2-2 -- as many media members predicted -- he probably would have posted it then.

Barry Switzer Part II my friend.

Except than Phillips was able to best Barry's record for ruining a good thing - by a good margin.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396730 said:
Yeah, like quit but take too long to do it. You would think that the way BP left organizations in the condition that he did when he left, JJ's done a great job keeping it together.

Note: The last sentence is simply a devil's advocate approach to both sides of the situation.

Yeah he's done a great job of keeping it together. I remember an article quoting players saying they weren't going to baby sit Pacman.
Way to go JJ keep it together.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396719 said:
Bottom line is you have no clue what you're talking about and it's always the same theme: "Jerry sucks". I bet if a search was done on all your posts, 90% of them could be summed up as the latter.

If someone showed all these posts to an objective observer one would say you had some subjective agenda against him.

You mean like an agenda to state the facts and not be a blind homer?

Maybe there's a theme to my posts because there's a theme to Jerry's actions and there's a theme to the Cowboys seasons. We've gone 12 years without a playoff win and the only time we've trended upward in all those years was the one time Jerry stepped back and brought in a solid HC and gave up control.

What it comes down to is you're just too blind, whether willfully or not, to see the truth.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2396723 said:

Right cause Taylor was a big fan of parcells.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2396723 said:

he prob made it once Wade took the HC job.

wileedog

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2396723 said:

"Why do you think Greg Ellis talked to Jerry Jones about his role in the defense?"

That happened a couple of weeks ago.

Any more conspiracy theories?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2396753 said:
Yeah he's done a great job of keeping it together. I remember an article quoting players saying they weren't going to baby sit Pacman.
Way to go JJ keep it together.

This is your argument? The Pacman situation has caused a fallout to the team and is a negative example against Jerry? He took a risk on a talented player that garnered him draft picks, and you're using this as an example?

Is TO also a disaster waiting to happen too?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog;2396763 said:
"Why do you think Greg Ellis talked to Jerry Jones about his role in the defense?"

That happened a couple of weeks ago.

Any more conspiracy theories?

when during the off season doesn't Ellis complain about his role in the defense?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396765 said:
This is your argument? The Pacman situation has caused a fallout to the team and is a negative example against Jerry? He took a risk on a talented player that garnered him draft picks, and you're using this as an example?

Is TO also a disaster waiting to happen too?

Not even close but nice try. You obviously missed the whole point.

You never even answered my last question to you.
Why do you suppose Jerry does well only when we have coaches who stand up to him?

wileedog

Reaction score
Bach;2396754 said:
We've gone 12 years without a playoff win and the only time we've trended upward in all those years was the one time Jerry stepped back and brought in a solid HC and gave up control.

I don't get why this is so hard for some to understand.

Jerry is one of the best owners in sports, hands down. But he needs a real GM.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bach;2396754 said:
You mean like an agenda to state the facts and not be a blind homer?

Maybe there's a theme to my posts because there's a theme to Jerry's actions and there's a theme to the Cowboys seasons. We've gone 12 years without a playoff win and the only time we've trended upward in all those years was the one time Jerry stepped back and brought in a solid HC and gave up control.

What it comes down to is you're just too blind, whether willfully or not, to see the truth.

No, what it comes down is I'm tired of you repetitively bashing Jerry every time something goes wrong. Where were you last year giving him credit? NOWHERE.

Until probably after the playoff game, and then you probably were there once again saying "Jerry sucks."

Jerry never gives up control. He works within the organization. How he does so, NONE OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW.

wileedog

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396770 said:
when during the off season doesn't Ellis complain about his role in the defense?

He didn't complain this offseason at all about his role in the defense. He complained some in training camp about losing snaps to Spencer, but that's not about "role"

He did several weeks ago when he was burned badly in pass coverage, and wondered why he wasn't rushing the passer more. Haven't noticed him in coverage since.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2396774 said:
Not even close but nice try. You obviously missed the whole point.

You never even answered my last question to you.
Why do you suppose Jerry does well only when we have coaches who stand up to him?

Nice try, nice loaded question, which fails.

1) First, you have to show that Jimmy and BP are the only coaches that stood up to him.
2) Second, he won a SB with Switzer who probably isn't a coach who stood up to him (according to your logic), and therefore JJ did well without one, therefore destroying your question altogether.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396777 said:
Jerry never gives up control. He works within the organization. How he does so, NONE OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW.

And he controlled BP's staff just like he did Gailey and Campo's. And all those BP guys that we brought in here and drafted were actually Jerry's decisions?

Right. :rolleyes:

Jerry gave up the most control to BP since the days Jimmy walked the halls of Valley Ranch.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2396723 said:

Lot of people here seem to have had their finger on the post button the same way... Just waiting for us to stumble.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396791 said:

1) First, you have to show that Jimmy and BP are the only coaches that stood up to him.
2) Second, he won a SB with Switzer who probably isn't a coach who stood up to him (according to your logic), and therefore JJ did well without one, therefore destroying your question altogether.
3) Third, show that Switzer, Gailey, Campo, or Wade never stood up to him.

Switzer did a heck of job winning a Super Bowl with all those players Jimmy left him who already had two SB rings.

And the only way Switzer, Gailey, Campo or Wade could stand up to Jerry is if Jerry pulled their puppet strings in such a way to allow them to stand up.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396791 said:

Well the first time I asked it I did say did well for a season or two after.
If you don't have enough sense to figure out which coaches would stand up to him or not, you don't watch much football.

You simply can't give an answer.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Great Post. :bow:
THUMPER;2396457 said:
It is pretty much the same environment that we have had since Jimmy Left. The Parcells-coached teams had just as little discipline, made the same stupid mistakes, the same dumb penalties, and didn't win a single playoff game.

Parcells got rid of a few malcontents but allowed Jerry to bring in Terrell Owens without walking off the job. It was obvious that he didn't want Owens here by the way he referred to him as "the player" but he didn't do much to keep him from coming here.

By the time Parcells came to Dallas he had already contracted "Old man's disease" and was more afraid of losing than he was committed to winning. That's why he kept going with older QBs that he had a history with, Testeverde & Bledsoe, even though it was painfully obvious that they were NOT the answer for us.

Parcells was never an innovative genius in the mold of Paul Brown, Tom Landry, or Sid Gillman but was a motivator like Lombardi and Noll. "Just do what I tell you or face my wrath!" In the past he had a pretty good eye for talent at a few positions but that didn't show up much here as his drafts were mostly pretty bad except for 2005.

Unfortunately, Parcells never had the ultimate authority here the way he did in NY or NE (despite his comments about not being able to shop for the groceries there). The Owens signing was all about Jerry wanting to make it clear to Bill that HE was still the guy in charge of the team and would do whatever he wanted to with it. Parcells should have quit then if he had any huevos left but as I said, he had "old man's disease" by this time and didn't put up a fight.

Jerry has run this team from the day Jimmy left and that is why we have not had the success we should have had. The Cowboys are still the premier franchise in the NFL and Jerry has had a lot to do with that but we are not a dominant team and he has had a lot to do with that as well.

We have talent but we are not a TEAM. A TEAM needs leaders, not big names with big mouths. Romo was a happy accident, not a jewel that was uncovered through careful research. He was lucky to make the team for a couple of years as no one saw any real talent there. Once he FINALLY got his chance to play, his first pass was an INT, but then he took off and has become one of the top QBs in the league.

That wasn't Parcells' doing, in fact the case could be made that BP held Romo back while he played his AARP member QBs instead. Without Romo, this team has no leader. And without Romo this team has no chance. Parcells didn't "build" this team, he lucked out that Romo stuck around and took advantage of the opportunity when it came.

Wade has done nothing but that was to be expected since he hasn't done anything anywhere else he's been. We did expect that the defense would improve more than it has though. Garrett is the real disappointment IMO as there were high expectations of him and after how well the offense performed last year we thought he would be even better this season, but he hasn't.

Jerry wrecked this team when he put his ego ahead of winning championships back in 1994. We'd better get used to it until he dies of old age because he is NEVER going to relinquish control of the team to anyone again until the day he dies.