News: DMN: Laufenberg: Two reasons I'd want Tony Romo to get some game action before the playoffs

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
truth be told, they're afraid tony will come in and be lights out and make dak look bad.

then they're in a HUGE conundrum.
Conundrum? I disagree.

Romo can enter a game, throw for 550 yards, six touchdowns, zero interceptions, run for a touchdown, and finish with a perfect 158 point whatever quarterback rating. It will not make a difference.

Romo told the world. The decision was made. Nothing will change it. Nothing includes Prescott suffering an unfortunate injury that sidelines him. Sure, Romo might set the playoffs ablaze but Romo will be on another roster next season in the end. Tell 'em Newt.

Newtaliens.jpg

It won't make a difference.

Thanks Newt.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo got knocked down twice on the touchdown drive on both throws to Witten. Once got hit from the left and went down in the pile, the second throw to witten he got hit high in his right shoulder. Got up both times and was perfectly fine.
Sorry, I didn't see him get knocked down. We must have different visions.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo will either play and not get hurt or he will get hurt. The latter consequence doesn't change a freaking thing in the here-and-now. IF THE LATTER DOES HAPPEN, Sanchez will play.
Well in playoffs sanchez may not be active, so only tony is bkup, so if he did get hurt, cole beasely might have to finish the game.
Or they could have all 3 active for playoffs, but I dont know if they would do that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So it's true, you don't actually watch Romo play
I simply saw a guy who was not touched, maybe he was tapped. The first real contact, he was hurt. Now imagine what Philly, Deadskins, Vikings, Baltimore, Steelers, and let's just throw in Tampa would do to him. He would be dead by now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well in playoffs sanchez may not be active, so only tony is bkup, so if he did get hurt, cole beasely might have to finish the game.
Or they could have all 3 active for playoffs, but I dont know if they would do that.
You could be right but my guess is that all three quarterbacks will be active during the playoffs. That impacts an active roster spot that could bolster another position but it would not surprise me one iota.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
yes you have an agenda. I just watched the two drives.

Pretty simple.
Maybe the guy was tapped, but have you seen some of the hits Dak's taken. Romo would be in a coma, and I'm serious about that.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Conundrum? I disagree.

Romo can enter a game, throw for 550 yards, six touchdowns, zero interceptions, run for a touchdown, and finish with a perfect 158 point whatever quarterback rating. It will not make a difference.

Romo told the world. The decision was made. Nothing will change it. Nothing includes Prescott suffering an unfortunate injury that sidelines him. Sure, Romo might set the playoffs ablaze but Romo will be on another roster next season in the end. Tell 'em Newt.

Newtaliens.jpg

It won't make a difference.

Thanks Newt.

Tony said there wouldnt be a QB competition.

But if he plays and plays lights out...you best believe its a conundrum. Esp with the fans involved. (as an aside, I'll be at the front of the line #startromo )

Blake

Reaction score
Maybe the guy was tapped, but have you seen some of the hits Dak's taken. Romo would be in a coma, and I'm serious about that.

Romo is a weakling compared to most NFL qb's. He doesn't have a physically imposing stature and it shows up on the injury report repeatedly. Maybe he should of worked harder in the weight room during his tenure or something, or maybe it's his genetics. In either case, his body has not held up.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Romo is a weakling compared to most NFL qb's. He doesn't have a physically imposing stature and it shows up on the injury report repeatedly. Maybe he should of worked harder in the weight room during his tenure or something, or maybe it's his genetics. In either case, his body has not held up.

yea 13 seasons in the nfl. What a weakling.

Go watch the 2012 game vs tampa and then come back and try and say this with a straight face.

Blake

Reaction score

Go watch the 2012 game vs tampa and then come back and try and say this with a straight face.

Parcells basically said the same thing about him. I'll dig up the soundbite for ya..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Parcells basically said the same thing about him. I'll dig up the soundbite for ya..

Actually I can guarantee He never called him a weakling. Also I can tell you parcells commended him for working hard in the offseason and both parcells and Romo credited Vinny Testaverde with teaching him how to prepare for a full season and in particular how to strengthen his legs.

and again go watch the 2012 season particularly the bucs game and get back to me about how much of a weakling he is.

but yes by all means dig up a parcells sound bite exclaiming Romo is a weakling. I will hold my breath for that one.

Blake

Reaction score
Actually I can guarantee He never called him a weakling. Also I can tell you parcells commended him for working hard in the offseason and both parcells and Romo credited Vinny Testaverde with teaching him how to prepare for a full season and in particular how to strengthen his legs.

and again go watch the 2012 season particularly the bucs game and get back to me about how much of a weakling he is.

but yes by all means dig up a parcells sound bite exclaiming Romo is a weakling. I will hold my breath for that one.

Called him frail. My exact word.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

There's not doubt that Romo's a tough mofo, but you can only take so many injuries before your body can't handle it. I think Romo's injuries over the years have finally caught up with him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Called him frail. My exact word.

umm yea in his rookie year. Way to go. Thats really relevant. He is as big or bigger than some of the greats to have every played.

but yes lets assume romo never got bigger or stronger in the nfl than his first week of training camp.

Good Lord.

Blake

Reaction score
umm yea in his rookie year. Way to go. Thats really relevant. He is as big or bigger than some of the greats to have every played.

but yes lets assume romo never got bigger or stronger in the nfl than his first week of training camp.

Good Lord.

Weight room can only do so much to compensate for one's genetic makeup and his injury history substantiates that.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Weight room can only do so much to compensate for one's genetic makeup and his injury history substantiates that.

omg. Injury history equates to romo's genetic makeup.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so I am done with this.

Blake

Reaction score
omg. Injury history equates to romo's genetic makeup.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so I am done with this.

Didn't say it equated to his genetic makeup only that it corroborates and lends evidence to the thought that his genetics may have had a role in his injuries.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Didn't say it equated to his genetic makeup only that it corroborates and lends evidence to the thought that his genetics may have had a role in his injuries.

Yes injuring his thumb and missing time is from genetics.

My recommendation for you is to go back and watch his career and see the insane amount of incredible hits he took, mostly to his back and how he got up and played through it almost every time.

Saying he was to small to play in the league and his genetics are part of the reason he got hurt about a guy who played for 13 seasons in the NFL is one of the most ignorant things I have read on here.

Blake

Reaction score
Yes injuring his thumb and missing time is from genetics.

My recommendation for you is to go back and watch his career and see the insane amount of incredible hits he took, mostly to his back and how he got up and played through it almost every time.

Saying he was to small to play in the league and his genetics are part of the reason he got hurt about a guy who played for 13 seasons in the NFL is one of the most ignorant things I have read on here.

There's always a little gray area. I by no means make the assumption that my opinion is fact, but don't see it as dissmissable either