DMN: NFL VP of Officiating: It’s not unreasonable to watch everything Dez did and think

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. The Johnson rule only applies when the player has no time or no need to perform another act beyond gaining control of the ball with both feet down.

Again go argue it with the league and Blandino.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Show us that in the rule book, will you please?

You go show us the rule book seeing you claimed you refereed for 20 years. You've been claiming throughout this thread that you know the rules better than the league. What does that say about you? LOL You keep preaching the ball never came loose and everyone is suppose to listen to you? :laugh:

blindzebra

Reaction score
I love how we have clueless fans basing their opinion based on what the league said that is not supported by their own rule book.

Officiating requires the spirit and intent of the rules. The intent of the Calvin Johnson exception is for players falling OOB or already in the end zone because in those situations you can only have 1. Control 2. two feet inbounds number 3 of the catch process a move common to the game (or now establishing as a runner) will not happen in these situations.

They were applying a rule that was never intended for the situation at hand.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You go show us the rule book seeing you claimed you refereed for 20 years. You've been claiming throughout this thread that you know the rules better than the league. What does that say about you? LOL You keep preaching the ball never came loose and everyone is suppose to listen to you? :laugh:
Typical troll response, you can't so you resort to insults.

blindzebra

Reaction score

You mean the one where you previously said you can't see it from that view but needed the other view to make your case of conclusive proof? Trouble is that view does not show the ball hitting the ground and bouncing so Seratore was guessing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Typical troll response, you can't so you resort to insults.

I'm giving you honest opinions and if you're taking them as insults that's your problem. You claim the ball never came loose despite CONCLUSIVE video evidence that it did come loose which is why the catch was overturned. That wasn't a mistake it was the correct call under the RULE and the league confirmed it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You mean the one where you previously said you can't see it from that view but needed the other view to make your case of conclusive proof? Trouble is that view does not show the ball hitting the ground and bouncing so Seratore was guessing.

Dude I've posted 2 video's one shows the ball compressed against the ground which is why the ball came loose and popped up. The other video showed a different angle where you can CLEARLY see the ball come loose as it was slammed on the turf which is why the ball is compressed on the ground. You're arguing a call that was viewed by 2 experts during the game and a host of experts after the game and they all agreed the correct call was made under the RULE.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I'm giving you honest opinions and if you're taking them as insults that's your problem. You claim the ball never came loose despite CONCLUSIVE video evidence that it did come loose which is why the catch was overturned. That wasn't a mistake it was the correct call under the RULE and the league confirmed it.

Once again you are flat out lying. I said there is no conclusive view that shows the ball bouncing off the ground. You keep refusing to acknowledge this fact. You have a view where Dez has clear control and the ball touches the ground, touching by rule does not make it incomplete it requires it becoming loose. You then have a view where it comes loose but you can't see it bounce off the ground. To overturn it Seratore needed a view that showed the ball hit AND COME LOOSE and not one showing it touch and another showing it loose. Replay is not supposed to work that way.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Dude I've posted 2 video's one shows the ball compressed against the ground which is why the ball came loose and popped up. The other video showed a different angle where you can CLEARLY see the ball come loose as it was slammed on the turf which is why the ball is compressed on the ground. You're arguing a call that was viewed by 2 experts during the game and a host of experts after the game and they all agreed the correct call was made under the RULE.

Viewed by an expert misapplying the rule, who took heat all week about Dallas getting help with calls against Detroit with the party bus story from summer showing up again.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Again go argue it with the league and Blandino.
The play is still worth discussing, not for the sake of argument so much as for educational purposes. I know I've learned a lot so far. The league has something called the "catch process." It has three parts. Blandino knows this, but was more concerned with finding a way to justify his incorrect call. Blandino knows this too, and must also realize that others are also aware, so his public discussion of the play isn't really a debate but a PR campaign.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Dez never established himself as a runner because his momentum was taking him to the ground. A receiver stumbling 2 steps forward trying to maintain their footing isn't establishing themselves as a runner.
There is nothing in the catch process about momentum or falling, and no requirement for staying on your feet. The requirements for a receiver to establish himself as a runner are simply control and both feet down, then enough time to perform an act common to the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The play is still worth discussing, not for the sake of argument so much as for educational purposes. I know I've learned a lot so far. The league has something called the "catch process." It has three parts. Blandino knows this, but was more concerned with finding a way to justify his incorrect call. Blandino knows this too, and must also realize that others are also aware, so his public discussion of the play isn't really a debate but a PR campaign.

After 7 months of beating this topic like a dead horse and training camp just over a week away it's not worth discussing anymore. You haven't learned anything the past 7 months because you keep repeating the same things you've been saying.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
It was RULED a CATCH on the field.

It's not even an argument. To overturn the call on the field it must be black and white without any reasonable doubt. When a rule like like this is open to interpretation, how can anything be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? It's so moronic.

Likewise, if it was ruled an incomplete pass on the field I don't believe there would be enough evidence to overturn it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is nothing in the catch process about momentum or falling, and no requirement for staying on your feet. The requirements for a receiver to establish himself as a runner are simply control and both feet down, then enough time to perform an act common to the game.

Just more of what you told me several months ago. My advice is stick to passer ratings.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

It's not even an argument. To overturn the call on the field it must be black and white without any reasonable doubt. When a rule like like this is open to interpretation, how can anything be proven beyond a reasonable doubt? It's so moronic.

Likewise, if it was ruled an incomplete pass on the field I don't believe there would be enough evidence to overturn it.

This ........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once again you are flat out lying. I said there is no conclusive view that shows the ball bouncing off the ground. You keep refusing to acknowledge this fact. You have a view where Dez has clear control and the ball touches the ground, touching by rule does not make it incomplete it requires it becoming loose. You then have a view where it comes loose but you can't see it bounce off the ground. To overturn it Seratore needed a view that showed the ball hit AND COME LOOSE and not one showing it touch and another showing it loose. Replay is not supposed to work that way.

I'm not lying about anything there's video evidence showing the ball hit the ground, bounced and came loose. It's indisputable but you claim you can't see it. You said you refereed for 20 years and have the username "blindzebra." The more I listen to you the more I'm convinced that was a nickname given to you by the fans who attended the games you refereed. LOL

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's still accurate.

A lot of what you're saying isn't accurate because you're claiming they got the call wrong when it was reviewed and later confirmed by the NFL to be the correct call.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Which means there had to be "conclusive" evidence to overturn the call and there was the ball came loose when it contacted the ground. Dez didn't complete the process.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Which means there had to be "conclusive" evidence to overturn the call and there was the ball came loose when it contacted the ground. Dez didn't complete the process.

Let me guess, you think OJ and Casey Anthony were really innocent since that was the verdict too?